Fifth Harmony started the disco trend and you can't change my mind

12 minutes ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

Before “Future Nostalgia” we already had this disco gems: 

They deserve more. Imagine if they were released today...

I think in the last years we had some disco pills from many people from many artist. Disco music is always there and I’m happy that now is a trend. By the way, in my opinion Fifth Harmony sounds more like a 80’s dance song in “Sledgehammer”.

I believe the right answer is Daft Punk with Get Lucky. I don't remember any disco song being as successful since Madonna's Hung Up. After Get Lucky, there was always a disco-ish song that was released. Bruno Mars did it (Treasure, and many others), Mariah Carey with Meteorite (not a hit at all, but just to point out that she also did disco at some point), Katy Perry with Chained To The Rhythm, Kylie Minogue with 100 Degrees, Madonna with God Control, and so on.

• Like 1
On 8/18/2020 at 7:23 AM, jonjon2000 said:

In 2005 Madonna brought Disco back, in 2019 Dua Lipa... so in 2033-2034 there should be another wave 

... If Sledgehammer had any performance/impact like this we could say that

Exactly! Madonnas Confessions came to mind, Im glad you brought it up. Since then there has been no Disco revival that actually had an impact. And if Madonna didnt revive it there would be no Dua Lipa either... :)

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block