Exhale 30 Day Song Challenge [DAY 29]

Roxxy

4 minutes ago, Trentals said:

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to post it! It’s such a simple song, but it means so much to me. I’m learning to play guitar atm and hopefully will learn to play The Dance so I can perform it for my mum for her birthday in November. She battled cancer last year, and thankfully has survived and is now in remission, so the song means so much. 

It may only be one person the song reminds of me, but she’s the most important. She’s a very special person (like all mums are!). Her love for me, even when I came out, has always been unconditional. When I’m having a bad day, I always keep her in mind. 

OMG stop. Now i'm really crying. I miss my Mom so much and she is the most important person in my life.

I'm so happy your Mom got through it. I'll definitely be thinking of you and your Mom when I listen to this song.

I love my Mom so much too omg i'm crying rn.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

OMG stop. Now i'm really crying. I miss my Mom so much and she is the most important person in my life.

I'm so happy your Mom got through it. I'll definitely be thinking of you and your Mom when I listen to this song.

I love my Mom so much too omg i'm crying rn.

51 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

You mean you will make me feel the pressure between my hips? :ohmygawd:

Only you could go from emotional crying to h0rny in 3 fkin minutes :tifflmao:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Trentals said:

Okay so this is the song I was going to post the other day with a story, but I didn’t have time to write the story :kidcries: 

BUT HERE IT IS NOW! :britlol: 

ANYWAY THE STORY BEHIND THE SONG- lyrically the song is about a relationship break up. It says that despite all the pain and hurt he suffered in the relationship, he would do it all again, it was all worth it, for a special dance they shared “beneath the stars above”. Garth himself has said he interprets the song as someone having endured a challenge and finally getting their moment of glory. He’s used examples like an athlete training to win gold, gays having to fight for rights (he’s actually a BIG gay rights supporter), or the fight for black equality. He has said it’s his favourite song he’s ever recorded and hopes that it is the one he’s best remembered for.

Anyway, growing up, my mum used to play it a lot. I was a gay kid into pop music and used to HATE it, or anything to do with country music. I once said to her “I don’t know why you like it so much!” and her reply was that when I got older, I would understand. She has stated multiple times she wants it played at her funeral. I do now as well.

After a very bitter break up with the guy who was the love of my life, I actually heard it played on the radio at work. I decided to go look up the lyrics when I got home. I then realised what the song was about and could relate. The heartache he has caused me, I would never give up, because I got to be with him for the time I was. I’ve got memories with him that I wouldn’t give up for the world.

The next time I saw my mum, it actually came up in conversation and I told her I finally knew what it meant and that I think of Justin when I hear it. However, she said that wasn’t why she liked the song so much. She had problems falling pregnant with me, and had me through IVF (no donor or anything like that. my parents are my biological parents). She also had a really bad marriage with my dad, who is an alcoholic, gambler and bipolar. 

Despite all the heartache she went through, all the pain of wanting a child and she couldn’t conceive naturally without IVF, plus the terrible heartache of her marriage to my dad, she would do it all again. 

She said the song reminds her of me. That my birth was the best thing that ever happened to her. I am her proudest achievement in life. Her glory. I am her dance. 

(I would’ve gone with a Britney song, or something by Kelly Clarkson. I often joke that whenever my exes hear a Britney song for the rest of their lives, they’ll be reminded of me ;) )

Garth Brooks original isn’t on Spotify or Apple Music as he owns the rights to his back catalogue, he refuses to put them up on streaming sites :tiffeyeroll:  So we can use the Westlife cover which is on Spotify :brit2016: 

Period I hate that **** and I need this on Spotify 

:lessons:

• Love 2