If you could be an extra in any movie/series, which would it be and what would you be like as an extra?

I would be in the British soap opera Coronation Street. It’s the longest-running soap opera in history that is still on air today, it’s celebrating its 60th anniversary this year and has aired over 10,000 episodes since it’s inception in 1960.

It has always mixed drama with comedy and tackles hard-hitting issues as well as more mundane day-to-day storylines too.

Anyone who grew up in the UK has heard of  the show and probably seen or heard about storylines or characters even if they’ve never actually watched it. It’s somewhat of a National Institution here and synonymous with British culture. It’s also a big hit in Canada and other parts of the world. I even got to visit the original set where it’s filmed when they opened it up for tours a few years ago.

I have watched it since I was very young, it was always on the TV in my home and we never missed an episode. I have probably seen every episode in the last 20 years. Thousands of hours of TV.

I would love to be an extra in the local pub in the show, “The Rovers Return.” This location is the meeting place of the characters and is the heart of the show. It’s also where a lot of the “drama” goes down.

image.thumb.jpeg.963d770dae2304c7bf95e2b1bc5ce8b0.jpegimage.jpeg.34e305adf5c14ad178b2b932061fda23.jpeg
leaning david platt GIF by Coronation Streetbring it on eating GIFknock out lol GIF by Coronation Streetfloss dance dancing GIF by Coronation Street200.gif?cid=31ad6aa74980ee0c954057c8b6ab

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Corso said:

I would be in the British soap opera Coronation Street. It’s the longest-running soap opera in history that is still on air today, it’s celebrating its 60th anniversary this year and has aired over 10,000 episodes.

It has always mixed drama with comedy and tackles hard-hitting issues as well as more mundane day-to-day storylines too.

Anyone who grew up in the UK has heard of and probably seen or heard about episodes or characters even if they’ve never actually watched it. It’s somewhat of a National Institution here and synonymous with British culture. It’s also a big hit in Canada and other parts of the world. I even got to visit the original set where it’s filmed when they opened it up for tours a few years ago.

I have watched it since I was very young, it was always on the TV in my home and we never missed an episode. I have probably seen every episode in the last 20 years. Thousands of hours of TV.

I would love to be an extra in the local pub in the show, where a lot of the “drama” goes down.

This still SENDS ME :selenerz:

I haven't watched it religiously since the Richard Hillman/Mad Maya days, but I was OBSESSED when I was a kid! :omggg:

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Towelney said:

Yes to all three of them

I hear a certain purple pony has her eyes on them, though. Will she be the one to bring out their wild side? We’ll have to see what happens next, because whatever does occur, we’ll be in for a ride.

XOXO, Gossip Girl

SCREAMING :gloria:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block