Azealia Banks requests fans stop streaming her debut record, ‘Broke With Expensive Taste’

• Leader

azealia.jpg.c30610b2c3891408ecfb3a838f9264e5.jpg

Azealia Banks is asking fans to stop streaming her debut record, Broke With Expensive Taste, because she claims 100% of the revenue generated from listening goes to label Prospect Park’s chief executive, Jeff Kwatinetz.

That sucks cause the album is pretty fantastic. :katycry:

Azealia claims producers haven’t ever received royalties from the record since its release.

“Jeff Kwatinetz stole all the money and sent a $15k check for album that has been streamed over 200m times,” she said.

“I worked so hard on that record. But every stream goes into his pocket.”

She adds she has the master recordings and plans on releasing a physical re-issue.

In 2015, Banks left Prospect Park's management and claims she was unable to release music until March 2016 because of a contract dispute. 

The music industry and these crazy binding contracts are a nightmare. 

Okay but why now?
Like i don't follow her so i really don't know much about her situation, but it does seem a bit dodgy when shes like "No don't stream....but i will be releasing a physical re-release soon ;) "

Also if this was a issue earlier, why didn't she mention it and make enough fuss of it back then. I mean she attacks people for less

• Like 2

I think most people don't like Azealia Banks because she's spent waaaay to much time being involved in drama. Like, when she speaks up I take what she says with a grain of salt because she's messy but I have YET to see her caught in a lie.  

I'll just link some of my favorite songs(except BWET[ listen to  Yung Rapunxel if you're gonna stream it anyway])

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Also what are y’all favorite songs by her I wanna explore more 

She's very versatile, you should listen to her in full, but these are my picks (apart from "212" that is her most known hit):

Rap/pop perfection:

Hip-hop (more of a grower tho):

Rap/House mix (2nd verse is stellar):

You should also check out "Anna Wintour" if you're into the rap/dance genre

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, Paolo94 said:

She's very versatile, you should listen to her in full, but these are my picks (apart from "212" that is her most known hit):

Rap/pop perfection:

Hip-hop (more of a grower tho):

Rap/House mix (2nd verse is stellar):

You should also check out "Anna Wintour" if you're into the rap/dance genre

Thanks

one of my fav genres is 1990-2000s rnb/hip hop so I’ll check it out 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Thanks

one of my fav genres is 1990-2000s rnb/hip hop so I’ll check it out 

Technically she's 2010's rnb/hip hop tho. Her debut single 212 came out in 2011. Close tho :yaknow: 

but yeah I love 1990-2000's rnb/hip hop too :hugs:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Also what are y’all favorite songs by her I wanna explore more 

6 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

This girl reeks of homophobia, racist and was annihilated on Twitter by a Disney girl. 

How can y'all stan her. That's like stanning bhad Bhabie. 

I definitely don't defend the unnecessary fights or the hurtful things she has said, but there really is no denying that she’s talented. She writes, she sings, she raps, she has a vision.

Bhad Bhabie can’t relate :tiffcackle:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Style. said:

Do y’all think she can make a comeback? She’s really good.🤍

Yes , but she needs to reinvent herself because her last tunes were kinda tired , she needs to come with fresh stuff like she did with fantasea , it's a new decade after all she better catch up . :mhm: 

Even tho I'm not her biggest fan due to her problematic personality, I wish her well and hopefully she releases good music like she uses to .

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block