Common misconceptions about your country?

Slayer

14 hours ago, britisthecolor said:

these are the first things that came to my mind because the people who have had a conversation with americans etc say that they (the foreigners) are surprised when they hear that our mother language is turkish and when they see us wearing tank tops etc.

Really? I am surprised ppl surprised that mother tongue is turkish in Turkey)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, zenden said:

Really? I am surprised ppl surprised that mother tongue is turkish in Turkey)

yeah, I was surprised too when I heard it for the first time.one of my friends went to america with work and travel and she says that some basically think that we are all arabs living in turkey or that our culture, language etc are totally the same.she had to explain to them that we are not the same although there are some similarities because of islam.

1 hour ago, britisthecolor said:

yeah, I was surprised too when I heard it for the first time.one of my friends went to america with work and travel and she says that some basically think that we are all arabs living in turkey or that our culture, language etc are totally the same.she had to explain to them that we are not the same although there are some similarities because of islam.

U know i "ve been in USA with work and travel too. One american girl  asked me if Russia is continent. :haha:And i am not trying to be rude but it was just such a strange question for me. I believe she was 16.and we already had geography in school at that age.

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, zenden said:

U know i "ve been in USA with work and travel too. One american girl  asked me if Russia is continent. :haha:And i am not trying to be rude but it was just such a strange question for me. I believe she was 16.and we already had geography in school at that age.

I don't wanna laugh because my geography isn't good either but it is too much even for me.:ricackle:she must have heard about russia somewhere.

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block