Common misconceptions about your country?

Slayer

Name your country and the common misconceptions that people get wrong about your country/culture.

I'll start...

England:

We all know the Queen :clownery:

That it rains all the time

We only eat Fish and Chips :katyfrog: (we do eat it a lot though :gimmemoar:)

We're all from London:gagasmile:

That England and the UK are the same thing (there's three other countries)

We all sound like the Queen 

InexperiencedAmusedAmericanmarten-size_r

Your turn ;) stereotypes.jpg.c42576de781d4f4615ef6d216aad81ae.jpg

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Marcanthony said:

omg this thread flopped so hard :imok:

i was eager to see the replies.

My country has ton and all of them are bad

i'm from India:imok:

-everyone is poor

-women are not treated right

-indians are not asians

Same here, welcome to India!

(even tho if the second one is kind of true)

• Indians are not Asians
  • All Indians are smart in math and love it
  • All Indians are vegetarians
  • India is a poor country, despite being one of the fastest developing countries in the world :jeanluc:
  • Indian people cannot speak english
  • Indian cuisine is only curry and rice
  • Everyone is hindu
  • What is sikhism?
  • Life is like bollywood
  • tReE dAncINg

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wait, they arent? :gtfo:

I was waiting for someone to say this. :cheese: Me too, tbh, and that's mostly because of Geography in school. I'm always surprised by how little a lot of Americans know about geography. Obviously, I might be wrong - that's just from what I've seen. That could just be the American education system that thinks America is at the center of the world. Do Americans even have Geography as a subject? Where I live, we have Geography as a mandatory subject for like 3 years (if not more). But I remember we were legit told to memorize countries by name and location. Not saying that's useful, but I'm certainly not complaining about it because I like knowing trivia and stuff. :)

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I was waiting for someone to say this. :cheese: Me too, tbh, and that's mostly because of Geography in school. I'm always surprised by how little a lot of Americans know about geography. Obviously, I might be wrong - that's just from what I've seen. That could just be the American education system that thinks America is at the center of the world. Do Americans even have Geography as a subject? Where I live, we have Geography as a mandatory subject for like 3 years (if not more). But I remember we were legit told to memorize countries by name and location. Not saying that's useful, but I'm certainly not complaining about it because I like knowing trivia and stuff. :)

Well, i am not american but they look very funny when it comes to geography. You can hand me like a full map i will be able to spot 20+ countries (not to brag)

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Style. said:

I’m from Romania and everyone thinks it’s a country full of gypsies which is not true. :OMGney:

Ugh, I was in Ireland for an exchange program, and the students from Romania were awesome. They gave me some kind of traditional homemade booze - it was really good, and I got lowkey ****faced. :cheese: Also, one of them was super cute, and I had a huge crush on him. I kind of embarrassed myself by getting drunk and telling the cute guy's brother that I liked him. I was mortified the next day. :weusay:

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Marcanthony said:

omg this thread flopped so hard :imok:

i was eager to see the replies.

My country has ton and all of them are bad

i'm from India:imok:

-everyone is poor

-women are not treated right

-indians are not asians

I felt like Xtina :clownery:

thanks for the resurrection :clownery:

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block