Katy Perry is a frowning clown on the cover for new album "Smile"

I ******* LOVE it. It’s self-referential, self-deprecating, and what does she really have left to lose? NOTHING. And It’s cute  as ****. And I feel like this is her acknowledging the flopping joke she’s become so that she can own it and move past it with dignity.  

Honestly the best album cover of the year.  It’s refreshing and so less try hard than her last cover, and yet so much more elevated as a work of art. 

If she scraps all her flop hype singles and starts fresh like Rihanna did for Anti with ***** better have my money and 4 5 seconds, I would be okay with that too.   Katy could really deliver another powerhouse era if she wanted to.  One flop album doesn’t end a career if you get right back up and show them what you got.

6 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

Should have named the album Clown. :britdrown:  

Well, we are living in clown world.  Maybe that’s what she’s getting at.  Oh no... I hope she stays away from politics.  But after campaigning hard for Clinton and nearly ending her career, maybe she came to the realization that “the clown is me”.  Did fake woke Katherine take the red pill?  Either way I don’t care if we never find out!  Just make hits that everyone can enjoy.

3 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

I ******* LOVE it. It’s self-referential, self-deprecating, and what does she really have left to lose? NOTHING. And It’s cute  as ****. And I feel like this is her acknowledging the flopping joke she’s become so that she can own it and move past it with dignity.  

Honestly the best album cover of the year.  It’s refreshing and so less try hard than her last cover, and yet so much more elevated as a work of art. 

If she scraps all her flop hype singles and starts fresh like Rihanna did for Anti with ***** better have my money and 4 5 seconds, I would be okay with that too.   Katy could really deliver another powerhouse era if she wanted to.  One flop album doesn’t end a career if you get right back up and show them what you got.

Are you high:bang:

1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

I am one of the very few that actually have been liking her new music. Daisies is a total BOP (same with Never Really Over). 

But this album cover is a MESS.

It looks like it was created in Paint by a child. The quality is really low and it's just not working overall.

If you're referring to the one posted in the OP, that's not the actual quality. That is a fan edit of the low quality leak. This is actually the original:

2 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Actual HQ version and not hre Remini fan edit:

Jo1Lqii.jpg

bBpQ7YZ.jpg

@Jordan Miller

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

If you're referring to the one posted in the OP, that's not the actual quality. That is a fan edit of the low quality leak. This is actually the original:

The cover still feels pretty uhnder-whelming. She has one of the best album titles and album covers in her catalog, and this new album has dipped bellow her basic standards for an album

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block