The “Break The Ice” music video is iconic (opinion)

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

We always put that on threads like this. It's a disclaimer because your opinion does not reflect those of the owner, the moderators, the curators, the site, and it's members. :tiffdrink:

Oh okay. 😊

2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

And yes it is a fact. Break the Ice is a good music video and is iconic. And that is a fact. :mattafact:

Fixed it for ya :unbothered:

Just now, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

@Towelney Okay but what about the video makes it iconic for you? The plot? The fact that it's anime? :)

All the above. :martini:

• Queen of inventing Anime?

• The plot

• The iconic beginning jump

• The clones

• Blowing up the cloning facility

• Cinematography

• No horses :juggingu: 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

@Towelney Okay but what about the video makes it iconic for you? The plot? The fact that it's anime? :)

I don't know about OP,  but to me, yeah, it is because of all of that, the fact that it was an animated video released by the biggest pop artist of the time that always relied on her image, was a bold move (and a smart one considering her circumstances at the time) and that it was so well done. I mean, I think Madonna also has some animated video where she's a fairy or something, and I think in Music there's an animated sequence two. Those things aged like milk, and so many other artist's animated music videos too. But Break the Ice is timeless, it's up to the standards of the likes of Daft Punk's Discovery, or the Gorillaz videos.

In comparison, Kill the Lights is very lame. Half the song, poor animation and style and boring and nonsensical plot. 

Just now, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know about OP,  but to me, yeah, it is because of all of that, the fact that it was an animated video released by the biggest pop artist of the time that always relied on her image, was a bold move (and a smart one considering her circumstances at the time) and that it was so well done. I mean, I think Madonna also has some animated video where she's a fairy or something, and I think in Music there's an animated sequence two. Those things aged like milk, and so many other artist's animated music videos too. But Break the Ice is timeless, it's up to the standards of the likes of Daft Punk's Discovery, or the Gorillaz videos.

In comparison, Kill the Lights is very lame. Half the song, poor animation and style and boring and nonsensical plot. 

Thank you!! :praisega:

48 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Oh, don't be ashamed, it is a great animated video. And the fact that we have a video like this in her impecable videography is something to celebrate. Britney inspires other artists like few other people do. This is creative and it looks great, and I love the storyline.

Impecable videography? Pretty Girls, Gimme More and Make Me say hi. 
:frenchy:

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Towelney said:

All the above. :martini:

• Queen of inventing Anime?

• The plot

• The iconic beginning jump

• The clones

• Blowing up the cloning facility

• Cinematography

• No horses :juggingu: 

16 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I was just asking for some clarification so yeah, thank you. I agree. 

Britney’s standards were tooooo high when it was released. I think it’s a cool idea but the visuals didn’t amplify the song. Blackout videos and era are appreciated more in hindsight because of how messy and chaotic everything was. It’s messy nature oddly complimented the era even more. Including 2007 VMAs and her Ryan Seacrest interview. 

• Like 1