The “Break The Ice” music video is iconic (opinion)

I think its a great animated video, i kinda wish they went full DC Animation with it. It would be really slick animation that gets better with animation. But i think its a really solid piece of work, and it was one of the first full animated music videos from a mainstream artist, it wasn't something people were expecting either.

One of her teams better ideas!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Alestaos said:

I think its a great animated video, i kinda wish they went full DC Animation with it. It would be really slick animation that gets better with animation. But i think its a really solid piece of work, and it was one of the first full animated music videos from a mainstream artist, it wasn't something people were expecting either.

I wish the video was in hd. :crying1:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

I can think of a few others from others mainstream artists before her though : Madonna - Music and Shakira - Objection (Tango)

18 minutes ago, igmate said:

I can think of a few others from others mainstream artists before her though : Madonna - Music and Shakira - Objection (Tango)

Yes, but they weren't full Animation, they had segements on animation. Whereas Britney had a full animated music video - not mixed :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Britneylandia said:

Impecable videography? Pretty Girls, Gimme More and Make Me say hi. 
:frenchy:

Britney has more than 40 (FORTY) music videos, and you just named three... That's still impeccable to me.
Having said that, "Gimme More" was filmed at the lowest of her career, and yet it has it's own vibe, whether we like it or not, and even if we expected something ten times better. "Pretty Girls" is a stupid video, and I absolutely hate the acting, but it still isn't terrible. And I never understood what's the fans' problem with "Make Me", I love that video, she looks stunning, you guys are delusional. Oh and you didn't mention "3", which has one of the worst editings in the world. THAT is the only Britney video that I truly feel like it's below good or even acceptable.

It is iconic. Britney, the ultimate superstar releasing a anime as a official video is iconic. She really said '**** you, I'll do anything I want'. If she was free ( #FreeBritney ), she probably will do more "indie" stuff like this. As she said in Freakshow : "So outside the norm" ! She won't give you what you expect her to! :praisega:

It's so amazing to have this kind of MV in her iconic videography.

We rally need to see the big picture, out of context. Too bad it did flop, cause it's one of her best song ever. :badthoughts:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, wehoyon771 said:

It is iconic. Britney, the ultimate superstar releasing a anime as a official video is iconic. She really said '**** you, I'll do anything I want'. If she was free ( #FreeBritney ), she probably will do more "indie" stuff like this. As she said in Freakshow : "So outside the norm" ! She won't give you what you expect her to! :praisega:

We rally need to see the big picture, out of context. Too bad it did flop, cause it's one of her best song ever. :badthoughts:

I really do agree, the Britney of 2020 gives off the indie artist vibe, would be interesting to see what she would make of that scene and just more freedom to do things her way, but still have the marketing of her big name.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, e-mailmyheart said:

It's one of my favorite songs and music videos from Britney :ohnoney:

51 minutes ago, IonutM said:

BTI is in my books a Toxic 2.0, even better. The song is so unique and delicious, mysterious, **** and perfect. It's a shame that the song didn't get the MV treatment it deserved.

20 minutes ago, wehoyon771 said:

My thoughts exactly  :oprah:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Towelney said:

I said what I said. :tiffdrink:

Maybe it’s due to nostalgia, but I believe that the music video for Break the Ice is iconic. Obviously it would be better if it was actually her, but I’m tired of the slander it gets. :lessons:

Stream Break The Ice Skinnies! 😘

Thoughts? :unbothered: FB_IMG_1593450532403.jpg.029cc8f84dbb60d4e4216c2476d81a29.jpg

KIuBGTv.png

Such an amazing song deserved a proper video treatment. 

I can't condone this cheap poor excuse of a video.

Sorry Not Sorry School GIF

33 minutes ago, umr3000 said:

In my opinion it is not iconic at all. In fact I think it is boring and does not represent the song well at all. It also has no repeat value for me. 

I’d go as far as to say it’s one of my least favourite music videos by Britney. 

4 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

Such an amazing song deserved a proper video treatment. 

I can't condone this cheap poor excuse of a video.

Sorry Not Sorry School GIF

I disagree but I’ll respect your opinions :chrissy:

Ugh, I remember being DEVASTATED when I found out it was getting an Anime video treatment. Obvi she was in no condition for a music video, but damn what a wasted opportunity. :jl:

Almost no one in the GP remembers this video even exists, so I think that just goes to show you how much 'impact' it had. But the way  BTI still nabbed her a Dance Club Songs #1 and just missed the top 40 without a proper video/promo of any kind also goes to show how amazing of a song it was!

• Like 1