Megan Thee Stallion's performance of "Girls in the Hood" & "Savage" at the BET Awards is worth your undivided attention

• Leader

Megan Thee Stallion performed at the BET Awards tonight, and it was one for the books.

Because of COVID, artists are dreaming up innovative ways to virtually perform. Megan cooked up something brilliant for her new song "Girls in the Hood" and mega hit, "Savage."

Megan also won Best Female Hip-Hop Artist at the awards show. 

Check it out below. How'd she do, Exhale? 

megan-bet.jpg.0de835b7ac9fb0c7abfdbed2498659b9.jpgRelated:

4 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

I love Meg, but she won’t be in the game long. No versatility, no true artistry. She’s  good for a turn up song, but she has no staying power. Her knees won’t be strong forever....

:jl:

On her EP we see her attempting to dip in to new sounds but I understand your point. But I feel like right now she needs to focus on creating a good brand rn instead of dipping her toes in every style before her debut album even comes out.

3 hours ago, Deyonce said:

On her EP we see her attempting to dip in to new sounds but I understand your point. But I feel like right now she needs to focus on creating a good brand rn instead of dipping her toes in every style before her debut album even comes out.

That’s why she hasn’t released an album, because she can’t create a body of work. She only knows how to make 7 turn up jams aka a mixtape 

I love her though, but we need to see versatility if she wants longevity 

27 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Me:

mean girls amy GIF

I dig the performance & the thought + production she put into it. I feel shes just getting started :endit:

She is still a newbie and she’s doing great in building/creating her fanbase. Her come up is natural, real and pretty much noticeable. I gotta RESPECT a female rapper who’s running the game NATURALLY by having talent. Something you can’t buy, *****. :bang:

2 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

That’s why she hasn’t released an album, because she can’t create a body of work. She only knows how to make 7 turn up jams aka a mixtape 

I love her though, but we need to see versatility if she wants longevity 

You can’t love her and hate her at the same time. You’re clearly pressed because Megan Thee Stallion took Cardi’s spot by storm. :tiffcackle:

Savage went #1 on Billboard Hot 100 without giving headsT to DJ’s, using payola and fake streams. In that particular order. :tiffcackle:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Style. said:

You can’t love her and hate her at the same time. You’re clearly pressed because Megan Thee Stallion took Cardi’s spot by storm. :tiffcackle:

Savage went #1 on Billboard Hot 100 without giving headsT to DJ’s, using payola and fake streams. In that particular order. :tiffcackle:

Savage went #1 because of Beyoncé. I do love Megan, I just want her to display versatility ☺️ I love all female rappers, except Nicki and Doja! I stan Cardi, Iggy, Meg, Kim, Remy, Young MA, Mullato, Saweetie, Trina, etc. I just don’t support the racist one and the one that has the nasty attitude and continually collaborates with predators, is married to a predator, and who supports her brother who is a predator. I was once a barb. Get your attention elsewhere

16 minutes ago, Style. said:

Umm that’s not how Cardi got her number 1’s & she didn’t take nobody spot. She started hitting when Cardi took her break 

11 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Umm that’s not how Cardi got her number 1’s & she didn’t take nobody spot. She started hitting when Cardi took her break 

Say it again for the people in the back! Cardi and her GRAMMY are doing just fine. Megan (as much as I love her) hasn’t even released an album. Nickis fans want cardi to end so badly, but she’s here to stay and they’re big mad. Nickis fans always bring up cardi when nobody else mentions her. That’s how you know they’re threatened by cardi.

Cardi B Lol GIF by Billboard Music Awards

They tried with that finsta last week and failed miserably. CARDI IS HERE TO STAY

”invasion of privacy” is still charting on the billboard 200 TWO years after its release. It is currently #92 on the billboard 200. Where is “Queen”?! Where is “trollz” in it’s second week? Yeah. That’s why they’re mad.

1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

Savage went #1 because of Beyoncé. I do love Megan, I just want her to display versatility ☺️ I love all female rappers, except Nicki and Doja! I stan Cardi, Iggy, Meg, Kim, Remy, Young MA, Mullato, Saweetie, etc. I just don’t support the racist one and the one that has the nasty attitude and continually collaborates with predators, is married to a predator, and who supports her brother who is a predator. I was once a barb. Get your attention elsewhere 

I simply don’t give a flying F if you were a barb or not or what female rapper do you like most because they are all irrelevant. 
Nicki Minaj just annihilated every single one you stan in that order and there’s nothing you can do. :hahaha:

You can brag how you want about that Grammy, but everyone and their mother know that that award was bought by Atlantic. Just how they bought fake streams. :tiffcackle: Cardi’s no longer releasing music due to her 360 deal. :tiffcackle: 

That finsta attempt was done for a little hype because no one cares about her new single. She’s flopping sis and no one is here for her.  🤣

1 minute ago, Style. said:

I simply don’t give a flying F if you were a barb or not or what female rapper do you like most because they are all irrelevant. 
Nicki Minaj just annihilated every single one you stan in that order and there’s nothing you can do. :hahaha:

You can brag how you want about that Grammy, but everyone and their mother know that that award was bought by Atlantic. Just how they bought fake streams. :tiffcackle: Cardi’s no longer releasing music due to her 360 deal. :tiffcackle: 

That finsta attempt was done for a little hype because no one cares about her new single. She’s flopping sis and no one is here for her.  🤣

Uh, annihilated? Cardis ”invasion of privacy” is still charting on the billboard 200 TWO years after its release. It is currently #92 on the billboard 200. Where is “Queen”?! Where is “trollz” in it’s second week? Yeah. That’s why you’re big mad. fabulous cardi b GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block