Trump asks to slow down COVID-19 testing so that the number of positive cases doesn't increase

I can't make this stuff up :cackling:

800.jpeg

The Associated Press has reported that American president Donald Trump admitted at his campaign rally yesterday that he asked his administration to slow down COVID-19 testing. The reason? He wants to avoid having an increase in the number of confirmed cases. In other words, Trump doesn't want to look bad by having the U.S. confirmed cases of coronavirus increasing, so he'd rather slow down testing to make the statistics look better.

Trump told supporters at his campaign rally that the U.S. has tested 25 million people, far more than any other country. The “bad part,” Trump said, is that widespread testing leads to logging more cases of the virus.

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases,” Trump said. “So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please.’ They test and they test.”

This is extremely dangerous. Testing is the main way we can keep track of how the virus spreading and helping people to know whether they or someone they've been in contact with has had the virus. Widespread testing is also the most safe and realistic way of getting the economy and life as close to normal as possible before there is a vaccine.

Just like during Trump's Rose Garden speech, where he had the police teargas peaceful protestors so he could go take a photoshoot using the Bible as a prop, Trump is once again demonstrating his priority of keeping up appearances rather than working for the safety and wellness of American citizens.

Spoiler

Vote Biden 2020. Register to vote here.

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block