What Are Your Favorite YouTube Channels?

I used to be crazy obsessed with YouTube - I used to have like 300 channels that I was subscribed to (if not more), and I would watch YouTube videos all day. These days, I feel like YouTube has really gone down the sh1tter. Not only is it garbage as a company, there is so much AWFUL content on the platform these days. Even then, there still are quite a lot of channels that I follow and watch religiously, so I thought it would be fun to share. :bigkiss:

• Bon Appétit (Their "Pastry Chef Attempts to Make _____" series is incredible, but I watch a lot of their other videos too. However, they were recently exposed for lowkey systemic racism and tokenism, which has left a bad taste in my mouth, idk.)
  • How To Cook That (She used to do a lot of baking videos, but these days her new thing is to debunk fake cooking / lifehack videos, which is one of the biggest problems with YouTube these days, IMO - not only do they allow this dangerous and misleading clickbait garbage on the platform, they actively promote it. So it's great to see someone bring light to these pieces of scum that should highkey be taken off the platform, but YouTube obviously won't do that because these bottom of the barrel channels bring in a lot of $$$.)
  • Kendall Rae (She mostly does true crime / conspiracy theory videos, and she also has an awesome podcast that I catch up with every week.)
  • ContraPoints (She does these really long, extensive, elaborate, in depth social / political commentary videos. I'm really thankful for her channel because she pulled me out of the edgy conservative echo chamber on YouTube.)
  • Mike's Mic (His content isn't anything particularly special, but I think he's funny and cute, and I find his videos greatly entertaining.)
  • Pop Dissected (Commentary videos on pop girlies.)
  • GossipBoy (Pretty much the same thing as the previous one.)

Go ahead and share your favorites. :bigkiss:laughing-young-girl-with-glasses-lies-couch-front-laptop-remote-work-distance-education-blogging_120897-1582.jpg.8acce322c4923feda16e1644ad120d21.jpg

• Like 1

First of all, featured. 💛🧡💜

My favorite channels are...

ThatWasEpic (and his extra channel AlmostEpic), because Juan can get it. I love him and he is my fave. :tiffdrink:

Spoiler

TheDailyDropout (and their extra channel DropoutGang). I just love all of them. Every single one of them. Also BigDawsTV is cool on his own. :mattafact:

Spoiler

JStuStudios (and their extra channel MoreJStu) is my go-to for laughs. I love them. :yasqueen:

Spoiler

MayaThePolarBear because she's the GOAT. :lessons:

Spoiler

JOLLY because Josh tbh. 💛🧡💜 And they know korean. :mattafact:

Spoiler

And Josh from JOLLY has his own channel. He is the GOAT. I love a Korean Englishman. :imcute:

Spoiler

• Super Mods

OMG I love Bob Appetit videos :hype:

everyone has a unique personality and watching Clare come off so confident initially only to see her have multiple meltdowns throughout the episode. And I love how everyone .clowns on the pretentious guy’s taste. Then it’s cool that the boss of the magazine participated but does a horrible job helping his staff. It’s a hot mess and I love it even though I dont pay attention to the cooking stuff.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Recently, he resigned amidst the racism and tokenism drama. :martini:

Wait wut? :jackk:

What happened? Did he got called out as a racist? Was it because they only had one black guy that was the cameraman as a staff? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

@sullivanSP, Aaron is so freakin' hot. I've seen some of his videos. His lips look so delicious. :thirsty: I wanted to include some Sims channels too, but I thought they would be too niche. Plumbella and Steph0sims are my favorites. :bigkiss: Safiya, honest and Trisha are the tea as well. :typing: Used to watch Clevver, but I got over them (watched them back when they covered news, even before Ryland was a host). :idkney: The rest I don't care about, though. :akii:

3 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Wait wut? :jackk:

What happened? Did he got called out as a racist? Was it because they only had one black guy that was the cameraman as a staff? 

A lot of things. Sohla came forward about mistreatment, and then many others followed suit. Look it up on YouTube ("Bon Appétit exposed" or whatever). Many drama channels have jumped on the story like they always do. :idkney:

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

A lot of things. Sohla came forward about a lot of things, and then many others followed suit. Look it up on YouTube ("Bon Appétit exposed" or whatever). Many drama channels have jumped on the story like they always do. :idkney:

Wow love Sohla! She always tells it like it is and her cooking is always easy to understand compared to others yet comes out so fancy. 

I kinda liked him as he was like that over eager dad that wanted to help but is making things worst so I guess I’m off to know the tea. Great way to spend a birthday lol 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

@Roxxy, I don't watch any of those, but I have seen the last 3 here and there. Will check them out!

I am actually shocked at what y'all watch. I seem to be the only one who's into prank channels. :yesokay: I don't like watching bloggers who talk about their daily lives or whatever cause I get bored like I just could not care about what they're doing. :eheeek: Those are just 3 of my fave prank channels but I actually follow 4 others. :blol: Maya the Polar Bear is an exception because she is a precious angel. :makeitrain: I only got into JOLLY because of the priest who reacts to pop culture videos, is like a regular guest. And then it just turned into i fell in love with Josh cause he's just so cute especially when he speaks korean. :sobbing:

omg the Debunking Fake videos :o I just discovered that channel a few weeks ago, I was in shock when they talked about those russian channels with millions of views and that they post all sorts of dangerous and fake "tips" and how they even reupload the same kind of videos and it's all just to please the YT algorithms and they don't really care if people get harmed by eating strawberries drench in bleach 

• Like 1

I live on YT to this day, but yeah, I feel like before it was very different. First of all, you could find all sorts of tv shows, music videos, etc, before they started to get deleted due to copyright. I miss the days when the Internet was a free place :crying1: 

But yeah, I used to stumble upon many different kinds of content, and now it's like, with those algorithms that just keep recommending stuff based on what you already saw, I get stuck in the same kind of things and I can't escape from it. And if I go to the what's trending tab, it's pure garbage, so yeah, I just get stuck in the same.

Obviously what I watch the most is music videos, live performances, anything music related, but I also follow tons of channels. Many channels I don't even know why I'm still subscribed to them, most of them I liked them just because one or a couple of videos and I never ever watched another video by them again lol 

In the past few years I got obsessed with ASMR (waaaaay before it was trendy and mainstream). Nowadays if you search ASMR you'll find all these overly produced videos, with these creators that just want to get views with their provocative thumbnails and wearing tons of makeup or these super metrosexual guys and I don't know, that's all become very weird :ehidk: but I do follow other channels that were from the original wave of ASMR artists, and some new ones that aren't so pretentious.

The best videos though, are the unintentional ASMR, mostly physical exams or soft spoken tutorials.

I also follow these more "scientific" channels, that talk about specific topics in short, concise videos. Ironically, I watch a lot of fitness and yoga channels as well, even though I don't work out or do yoga, but they're entertaining lol 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

they just uploaded a new video! :clap:

this is another channel I watch, but I don't like the hosts as much as I like the PBS Eons' ones

The King of Random was another channel I used to watch, but then they brought a new host, and then last year I think, the original host passed away in an accident, and now it feels weird to watch the channel, but I still have it on my subscriptions

and another similar channel

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block