Discovering BreatheHeavy

• Leader
14 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

So that's when I understood that many of the news originally came from the forum, and then Jordan would mainpage them. So I figured it would be better to visit the forum instead, in case Jordan passed on reporting something.

Haha yea, I've always tried to shed light on Exhale for years and years, but finally this year decided to make Exhale the HBIC. It's been soooo fun writing topics in first-person versus formal news articles. I don't miss that lol. 

Thanks for sharing your story @PokemonSpears!!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Isla said:

Ddd you guys make me feel young. 

I became a fan during the Circus era but did not discover the site until the Femme Fatale era in 2011. I can’t remember how, I think I was searching for news about the tour and then happened to come across Exhale. I lurked and read BreatheHeavy for a bit and finally decided to sign up in January 2012!

WHOAAA I had the same exact path. :crying1: I’ve became a fan in 2008, during the Circus era. I was lurking here and there, but I decided to sign up in 2013. Those years were the peak of exhale, I think, there were so many iconic exhalers. I remember so many exhalers from that era. Hi @Steebie @Bawbby

Time flies! So many great times in here, but I think this new generation of exhalers are the worst. :tiffsniffle:
Also, @NYOutcast ♕@Born2Die @Megan Fox. and so many more. Imagine the impact this site had on me. 

thank you, Jordan :crying1:

• Love 3

I lurked for a long time before finally deciding to join Exhale when I was 13 (I joined Feb 23, 2008). I am now 26 and have indeed grown up on Exhale (which is fairly bizarre in itself). I have been on Exhale throughout puberty, school, my first relationships, my first jobs, moving away from home etc which is crazy. I used to switch between BH/Exhale and Toxic Thrill which was also an amazing Britney community. 

IMG-4322.jpg

This is a charmbracelet I still have from a BH competition when I was 17 (thanks @JordanMiller!) where we had to tweet/post about why BH is the best fansite. My entry was:

@breatheheavycom is the best fan site because… well, recognition and praise from Britney speaks for itself.

IMG-4324.jpg

Britney and the fandom I have grown up with have given me so many amazing memories which I will forever treasure. Having such a diverse online community to discuss all things Britney with has been a massive privilege and one I have thoroughly enjoyed. Every Exhale meltdown/discussion from the last 12 years and every Britney headline/song/album/video have such strong memories linked to them and I consider myself lucky to have been a part of it all. 

At the moment, I feel more disconnected to Exhale than I ever have (not to take away from all the work @JordanMiller is doing to make Exhale the thriving and positive community it always had the potential to be) and I'm not sure whether I will stick around much longer, but I am so incredibly grateful for the past 12 years and will forever appreciate being a part of this amazing fandom and the emotional rollercoaster Britney has taken us on for the past two decades. 

Much love to our queen, and much love to my fellow Exhalers... 

tumblr_m2tic0yXMx1r3ty02o1_500.gif

• Love 4
  • Leader
9 minutes ago, Damon said:

I lurked for a long time before finally deciding to join Exhale when I was 13 (I joined Feb 23, 2008). I am now 26 and have indeed grown up on Exhale (which is fairly bizarre in itself). I have been on Exhale throughout puberty, school, my first relationships, my first jobs, moving away from home etc which is crazy. I used to switch between BH/Exhale and breatheheavy which was also an amazing Britney community. 

IMG-4322.jpg

This is a charmbracelet I still have from a BH competition when I was 17 (thanks @JordanMiller!) where we had to tweet/post about why BH is the best fansite. My entry was:

@breatheheavycom is the best fan site because… well, recognition and praise from Britney speaks for itself.

IMG-4324.jpg

Britney and the fandom I have grown up with have given me so many amazing memories which I will forever treasure. Having such a diverse online community to discuss all things Britney with has been a massive privilege and one I have thoroughly enjoyed. Every Exhale meltdown/discussion from the last 12 years and every Britney headline/song/album/video have such strong memories linked to them and I consider myself lucky to have been a part of it all. 

At the moment, I feel more disconnected to Exhale than I ever have (not to take away from all the work @JordanMiller is doing to make Exhale the thriving and positive community it always had the potential to be) and I'm not sure whether I will stick around much longer, but I am so incredibly grateful for the past 12 years and will forever appreciate being a part of this amazing fandom and the emotional rollercoaster Britney has taken us on for the past two decades. 

Awe thank you for all your support over the years.

That bracelet! Wow I nearly forgot about that contest. Super cool to see a pic of it and your Tweet.

Wondering... why do you feel disconnected from Exhale? 

• Leader
17 hours ago, hellokittybish6 said:

I've been coming since like 2006? I have only been a member for like 5 or 6 years? maybe more? Idk I just remember lurking and seeing something I couldn't not comment on and Made an account. It's history! My gay besties showed me breatheheavy when I was like 15? and I have visted it every day just about since! :) I love Britney 

Your besties are your besties for a reason :wigsnatched:

• Love 1
  • Leader
12 hours ago, AmyIsMyDrunkAlterEgo said:

I remember I was probably about 17 (I am now 25), and it was amazing. Every outing. Every rumor. Every everything, but in a good respectful way - def led me to the Britney Army. This place has had a special spot in my heart! I remember when it was all Britney then it turned into a bigger site, but still love that it is an amazing home for us Britney stans. <3

Britney will ALWAYS have a special place in BH. Always. 

• Leader
11 hours ago, Vulpix91 said:

Such an amazing thread!

I only found out about BreatheHeavy last spring, even though I've been a Britney fan since 2000 so I feel like I missed out all these years :crying3:

So I was making a zine about Britney last year (specifically about Mona Lisa, Original Doll, Rebellion, the Letters of Truth, etc.), and I came across this site while doing research. The #FreeBritney movement was just kicking off by then so I kept coming back once in a while to read the FreeBritney thread, until I finally made an account. I'm so happy I found this place! :omgreallyney:

Glad to have you :hugs:

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Style. said:

WHOAAA I had the same exact path. :crying1: I’ve became a fan in 2008, during the Circus era. I was lurking here and there, but I decided to sign up in 2013. Those years were the peak of exhale, I think, there were so many iconic exhalers. I remember so many exhalers from that era. Hi @Steebie @Bawbby

Time flies! So many great times in here, but I think this new generation of exhalers are the worst. :tiffsniffle:

Oh I know! I have so many nostalgic memories of my first year on Exhale! So many exhalers who have since disappeared :crying2: 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Damon said:

I lurked for a long time before finally deciding to join Exhale when I was 13 (I joined Feb 23, 2008). I am now 26 and have indeed grown up on Exhale (which is fairly bizarre in itself). I have been on Exhale throughout puberty, school, my first relationships, my first jobs, moving away from home etc which is crazy. I used to switch between BH/Exhale and Toxic Thrill which was also an amazing Britney community. 

IMG-4322.jpg

IMG-4324.jpg

OH MY GOD YOUR GLOW UP. :o

...and of course your story is amazing and touching. :sobbing:

• Love 2

I started reading often exhale around 2011, before that I was on a french fansite called bs-alltime.net, maybe some french members knew that website too :) But I found breatheheavy way before, I remember a page where could download stuff from Britney :raven:

• Love 1