Discovering BreatheHeavy

source.gif

As Jordan Miller celebrated the 16th anniversary of BreatheHeavy, I thought it would be interesting to see how we all came across this website. I've been following BreatheHeavy since 2004, and have been coming back (pretty much) daily! I highly doubt we all stumbled upon this website the same way, but I thought I share how I ended up here, discussing about our favourite artists in the music industry.

For me, it started one faithful day trying to find an instrumental version of "Breathe On Me." I couldn't find a good quality version, but was very determined to get one. After a few pages of searching, what I saw was a library full of Britney Spears songs: B-sides, remixes, and other content I never knew existed. After a while, I would regularly go back to the page and see what else has been released. I will admit, I did not know about the news aspects of BreatheHeavy until a few months later (was busy looking for new Britney music!) But I was thrilled to see how this website developed and change into what it is today.

While the transition from Britney to Pop news may have shocked people, it turned out to be the right move. I may be missing my instrumentals, but it's become much more than that. Thanks for such a wonderful platform Jordan, and I'd love to hear your discovery to BreatheHeavy :sendinglove:

rsz_graphic.thumb.jpg.e8aa8111e47d2c41b04b539057e4325f.jpg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
  • Love 7

I love this thread. :makeitrain:

I discovered BreatheHeavy in 2005. I was in high school searching for the lyrics for the Chaotic EP songs cause I just bought the DVD that same week and I stumbled upon BH. I continued to follow the site, and WorldofBritney. :imcute:

Sometime in 2006 or 2007, I stopped visiting the site cause I couldn't take reading more bad press about Britney. :wontcry: I came back of course during Blackout. But I was just a reader of BH and not an Exhaler.

I joined BreatheHeavy Community in October 2019. It closed in February 2020, I crossed over and officially made my debut as an Exhaler. :barbie:

• Love 6

I don’t know how I found BH. I was 11 when I joined Exhale. :jl:  

I just remember it being around the time 3 was being released and everyone had variations of the single cover art or fan art of Britney in threes as their signatures and avatars. :mcry:

• Love 4

Ddd you guys make me feel young. 

I became a fan during the Circus era but did not discover the site until the Femme Fatale era in 2011. I can’t remember how, I think I was searching for news about the tour and then happened to come across Exhale. I lurked and read BreatheHeavy for a bit and finally decided to sign up in January 2012!

• Love 4

I didn’t join until a few years ago but I found Exhale when I bought tickets to TC:SBS. I was looking up footage/fan reviews and came across it. 

I didn’t start visiting on the regular until the POM announcement rumours. I was so confused because of all the people saying she was going to perform and then we got what we got. And then the meltdowns began. I don’t think the internet has ever entertained me as much as that. 

Then eventually I got sick of people talking smack about Britney so I finally made an account to drag h03s. And here we are :janet:

• Love 4

I Found Out About This Place In March 2019, After Being A Stan For 2 Years At That Point.  This Is Going To Sound Mean, But, I Found Out About This Place From A Britney Fan Page On YouTube Who Made A Hate Video About BreatheHeavy.  I Looked This Place Up And I Thought That Person Was Crazy Tbh, They Made This Place Out As A Place Where People “Bully Britney”, Which Personally I Don’t Think They Do.  I Began Lurking This Place And Joined On May 21st This Year. 

• Love 3

I don't remember exactly when I found Exhale I vaguely remember starting to lurk in like late 2014 and then I finally made an account when I was 15 during the Glory era :duadance: I've been a fan since Circus tho :clicktina: I was 7 when I first discovered her and was full on stanning and watching every interview performance and listening to every album and unreleased song when I was literally 11 :jl: 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

I Found Out About This Place In March 2019, After Being A Stan For 2 Years At That Point.  This Is Going To Sound Mean, But, I Found Out About This Place From A Britney Fan Page On YouTube Who Made A Hate Video About BreatheHeavy.  I Looked This Place Up And I Thought That Person Was Crazy Tbh, They Made This Place Out As A Place Where People “Bully Britney”, Which Personally I Don’t Think They Do.  I Began Lurking This Place And Joined On May 21st This Year. 

I found it very odd

Spoiler

and annoying, sorry :bigkiss:

the way you wright every word Capitalized... is there any reason?! Only asking because english is not my mother tongue (obviously :yesokay: )

On topic: ITZ era looking for wallpapers

• Leader
1 hour ago, myonlywish said:

While the transition from Britney to Pop news may have shocked people, it turned out to be the right move. I may be missing my instrumentals, but it's become much more than that. Thanks for such a wonderful platform Jordan, and I'd love to hear your discovery to BreatheHeavy :sendinglove:

Omg :crying1:

What a treat to see this topic featured on the homepage :katycry:

Thanks for starting this @myonlywish

Absolutely would love to hear how you guys stumbled upon BH. 

• Love 2
  • Leader
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

I love this thread. :makeitrain:

I discovered BreatheHeavy in 2005. I was in high school searching for the lyrics for the Chaotic EP songs cause I just bought the DVD that same week and I stumbled upon BH. I continued to follow the site, and WorldofBritney. :imcute:

Sometime in 2006 or 2007, I stopped visiting the site cause I couldn't take reading more bad press about Britney. :wontcry: I came back of course during Blackout. But I was just a reader of BH and not an Exhaler.

I joined BreatheHeavy Community in October 2019. It closed in February 2020, I crossed over and officially made my debut as an Exhaler. :barbie:

Oh wow I didn't realize you were reading all the way back then! How cool 

• Love 1