Discovering BreatheHeavy

• Leader
45 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I didn’t start visiting on the regular until the POM announcement rumours. I was so confused because of all the people saying she was going to perform and then we got what we got. And then the meltdowns began. I don’t think the internet has ever entertained me as much as that. 

Exhale that day :blast:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I remember I only knew the main page (when there was a main page) and not the forum. Tbh, back in the day I think I missed a lot of Britney stuff, like, all those details that only fans get to know about unreleased stuff, or leaked songs, etc, because I thought there wasn't much to know about her, because she was constantly on tv and radio. It's like, I didn't feel the need to know more about Britney's career, because whenever she dropped a new album or song or video, the news would cover it, so I thought it was enough with that.

But as years went by, they stopped reporting on her more and more. So before, I remember I would come across "Breathe heavy" when I googled her, but I had no idea that it was the biggest fan site. And also, I didn't know before that I could change my search options, so because of my location, Google would always favor sites in Spanish, so Hey Britney was the site would pop up more often.

So anyways, I think it was in 2009 when I first was like, hey, when did this happen? Because I only knew the 3 song after the video came out, and I totally missed when the song was released. I still knew about Radar video through the tv news, but not about 3. So that's when I started googling Britney almost every day, but again, many different sites would pop up, until I started noticing Breathe Heavy was the most recurrent, so I started visiting the site almost every day in 2011.

But then, I started to get other news about Britney in other random sites, news that BH didn't report, and I was like, this is a scam! :howdareyou: so I started googling the particular news + BreatheHeavy and results would come up, but they were only from Exhale, no the main page. So that's when I understood that many of the news originally came from the forum, and then Jordan would mainpage them. So I figured it would be better to visit the forum instead, in case Jordan passed on reporting something. I still kept visiting both almost daily from 2011 onward.

And I thought it was very funny, I got a lot of fun reading Exhalers' conversations, and the emotes and everything. Remember that poll that MTV did in 2011 to celebrate Britney's 30th birthday, to see which was her best video? All of that, the selection of the last FF singles, then the X Factor era, Scream & Shout, all of that I lived it on my own, but I kept coming to Exhale to see what people thought.

Then the whole 2013, the anticipation for B8, the Desert Performance, the release of Britney Jean, and at the end of 2013 was when I decided to join the forum, because there was this promo interview she did for Univision, and it was in Spanish, and I swear I couldn't find it on the site. So I joined just to post it, and the first comment was like "AP :didilie: " and I was like sorry :embarrassney:

So I stayed here. One of the main reasons I wanted to join was to tell people that Blackout wasn't her best album, and that there was a lot of people out there that preferred other albums, but saying something bad about Blackout in here was worse than being a racist or homophobe or something. So I just kept telling everyone that Oops, and basically any other album was better, and people dragged me left and right. I even remember this particular user that claimed to be Belinda's hair dresser that was very mean to me, and was like "you have to grow up, *** is good, get the hell outta here :lemmetellu: " but I stayed anyway :haha:

Also people dragged me for my essays :whatitellu: and they would usually end a fight with "didn't read :jl: " so it was very frustrating.

And there were looots and looots of threads supporting each Britney Jean track :donewithit: so it was very fun, campaigning for which song we wanted for the third single, then the POM threads, and when we were having the most fun, Jordan announced this was gonna become a pop forum, and I was like :dead:

So after that I moved to the other forum, stayed there for a while, finally came back in 2015 for PG and to create my campaign to vote Britney as the next Super Smash Bros. character, and it gained a lot of traction, it was reported by every media outlet, except BreatheHeavy :icant2: The thread was ultimately deleted or archived

But basically since then I've stayed here, mostly in the Britney forum.

• Love 6

I've been coming since like 2006? I have only been a member for like 5 or 6 years? maybe more? Idk I just remember lurking and seeing something I couldn't not comment on and Made an account. It's history! My gay besties showed me breatheheavy when I was like 15? and I have visted it every day just about since! :) I love Britney 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Also people dragged me for my essays :whatitellu: and they would usually end a fight with "didn't read :jl: " so it was very frustrating.

And there were looots and looots of threads supporting each Britney Jean track :donewithit: so it was very fun

came back in 2015 for PG and to create my campaign to vote Britney as the next Super Smash Bros. character

1. I read it :cuteidk: (and this weekend ima gonna read the katy/riahnna peak essay, it's from other exhaler, don't remember now, sorry :hugs:)

2. I could SWEAR people LOVED BJ!! Passenger, Alien always trending

3. Tell me more... :calculating:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BuckyKatt said:

I found it very odd

Reveal hidden contents

and annoying, sorry :bigkiss:

the way you wright every word Capitalized... is there any reason?! Only asking because english is not my mother tongue (obviously :yesokay: )

On topic: ITZ era looking for wallpapers

I Use Breathe Heavy On My Phone, My Phone Is Broken And Sets Every Word As A Capital Letter 😊

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I found BreatheHeavy.Com back in early 2007 like a lot of us did. I was following Britney online obsessively and came across it on Google search. I was actually into 

BritneyExperts.com for a sec before I found BH  :chrissy:   damn I miss forum sites, they’re so fun! I think I’d came across it because I was so into X17 and TMZ back then (gross) and Britney’s celebrity news naturally came back to it. Score, a bicth was hooked! Ive visited here every fluffin day  since, except for when I was in boot camp for like, 2 months.  :clicktina:   :haha:

I also searched for her album lyrics and found them here because back in the Glory days of BreatheHeavy, Jordan had lyrics and little audios and sometimes full songs you could listen to and DoWnLoAd!! There were little buttons at the bottom of the home page that took you to tons of really cool stuff. Then when Jamie sued him for copyright he removed the content.  :jl:

Those were fun times, the site has changed a lot but I’d say it’s in its best evolution so far. This place has become a great community again, and that’s great, because it was kinda trashy for a while. I miss when it was Super Messy!  :yesokay:   :thelook:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

So after that I moved to the other forum, stayed there for a while, finally came back in 2015 for PG and to create my campaign to vote Britney as the next Super Smash Bros. character, and it gained a lot of traction, it was reported by every media outlet, except BreatheHeavy :icant2: The thread was ultimately deleted or archived

But basically since then I've stayed here, mostly in the Britney forum.

The Britney Super Smash Bros thing was you??!?!?? No wayyyy!!  :cuteidk:   :orangu:   :makeitrain:   I remember seeing your stuff online and still have pics saved somewhere on my laptop. You are a Legendy Legend mama, I appreciate your Slay!!  :queenflopga:  and I read your entire comment, what a blast from the past!! :lizzie:   :kidcries:   :kiss:

• Love 2
6 hours ago, myonlywish said:

source.gif

As Jordan Miller celebrated the 16th anniversary of BreatheHeavy, I thought it would be interesting to see how we all came across this website. I've been following BreatheHeavy since 2004, and have been coming back (pretty much) daily! I highly doubt we all stumbled upon this website the same way, but I thought I share how I ended up here, discussing about our favourite artists in the music industry.

For me, it started one faithful day trying to find an instrumental version of "Breathe On Me." I couldn't find a good quality version, but was very determined to get one. After a few pages of searching, what I saw was a library full of Britney Spears songs: B-sides, remixes, and other content I never knew existed. After a while, I would regularly go back to the page and see what else has been released. I will admit, I did not know about the news aspects of BreatheHeavy until a few months later (was busy looking for new Britney music!) But I was thrilled to see how this website developed and change into what it is today.

While the transition from Britney to Pop news may have shocked people, it turned out to be the right move. I may be missing my instrumentals, but it's become much more than that. Thanks for such a wonderful platform Jordan, and I'd love to hear your discovery to BreatheHeavy :sendinglove:

rsz_graphic.thumb.jpg.e8aa8111e47d2c41b04b539057e4325f.jpg

I remember I was probably about 17 (I am now 25), and it was amazing. Every outing. Every rumor. Every everything, but in a good respectful way - def led me to the Britney Army. This place has had a special spot in my heart! I remember when it was all Britney then it turned into a bigger site, but still love that it is an amazing home for us Britney stans. <3

• Love 2

Such an amazing thread!

I only found out about BreatheHeavy last spring, even though I've been a Britney fan since 2000 so I feel like I missed out all these years :crying3:

So I was making a zine about Britney last year (specifically about Mona Lisa, Original Doll, Rebellion, the Letters of Truth, etc.), and I came across this site while doing research. The #FreeBritney movement was just kicking off by then so I kept coming back once in a while to read the FreeBritney thread, until I finally made an account. I'm so happy I found this place! :omgreallyney:

• Love 2

I would have come across the site in probably either 2007 or 2008, when I started actively becoming interested in Britney (after growing up through her debut) because of all the insanity of the breakdown/VMAS/Blackout/Mannequin rehearsal video. 
I didn’t start properly lurking the site until Femme Fatale era though. But by Britney Jean era I just needed to join in the conversation and finally made an account.
Glory release was such a wonderful experience on the site, so I wish I could have been here earlier for some of the other exciting things in her career. 

I’ve always liked the name BreatheHeavy! It’s very memorable and evocative. 

• Love 2