White celebrities participate in cringe "I take responsibility" video

• Leader

white.jpg.94af7d4ea858eb52721cf6d5c47f4443.jpg

A PSA starring white celebrities, including Kristen Bell, Kesha, Aaron Paul, Stanley Tucci, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Debra Messing launched today. It's called #ITakeResponsibility, a partnership with the NAACP.

They read from a script, denouncing racism and declaring they won't turn a blind-eye to racial injustices. 

“I take responsibility for every unchecked moment, for every time it was easier to ignore than to call it out for what it was. Every not-so-funny joke. Every unfair stereotype. Every blatant injustice no matter how big or small. Every time I remained silent. Every time I explained away police brutality or turned a blind eye. I take responsibility. Black people are being slaughtered in the streets. Killed in their own homes. These are our brothers and sisters. Our friends. Our family. We are done watching them die. We are no longer bystanders; we will not be idle. Enough is enough.”

Though their hears are in the right place, it's a bit hard to watch. Why this public declaration? Why not take action, or donate? 

This feels like a sequel to the "Imagine" video.

Thoughts? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, AndyFoster said:

She doesn’t need to take notes, she already has, she’s out there protesting.

Canola had a fan film her walking with a sign and then  immediately getting into a car. She virtually recreated Britney’s domination announcement. 

Let’s not forget Ariana unfollowed canola two weeks ago over camilas lack of support for the BLM movement. Then two days later a fan films her at a march 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Yeah, she’s an advocate and a reformed racist alright 🙄🙄

• Love 4
  • Haha 2

Ugh this is beyond cringe.  Celebs really just need to shut up and just 'do' instead of 'say'.  You don't need to declare anything or make some big statement, you don't even need to protest or donate or anything. Just treat everyone equally and love instead of hate.  :whatitellu:

• Love 6
  • Like 3
  • Leader
7 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Canola had a fan film her walking with a sign and then  immediately getting into a car. She virtually recreated Britney’s domination announcement. 

Let’s not forget Ariana unfollowed canola two weeks ago over camilas lack of support for the BLM movement. Then two days later a fan films her at a march 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Yeah, she’s an advocate and a reformed racist alright 🙄🙄

What does this have to do with Camila Cabello 

DT4r6EzaMVz5mk66qYbqXboOWmdOl577ZYDc-yMp

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

What does this have to do with Camila Cabello 

DT4r6EzaMVz5mk66qYbqXboOWmdOl577ZYDc-yMp

She’s a known racist and could benefit from making a video statement telling us how sorry she is. Any further questions? I’ll keep bringing her up to remind everyone how racist she is. So brace yourself...it’s going to be a bumpy ride. That featured thread earlier where you all were giving her (a known racist) sympathy did not sit well with me or some of the other users on here. So, welcome, to the new normal where I remind everyone that Canola Cabello is racist. You’re welcome 😇 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

So, welcome, to the new normal where I remind everyone that Canola Cabello is racist. You’re welcome 😇 

Not sure what bleating on about her will do apart from keep her name out there. Surely a better approach would be to unfollow and stop talking about her to remove her platform? There’s more to this than putting one racist on blast constantly. 

2 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

She’s a known racist and could benefit from making a video statement telling us how sorry she is. Any further questions? I’ll keep bringing her up to remind everyone how racist she is. So brace yourself...it’s going to be a bumpy ride. That featured thread earlier where you all were giving her (a known racist) sympathy did not sit well with me or some of the other users on here. So, welcome, to the new normal where I remind everyone that Canola Cabello is racist. You’re welcome 😇 

I’m sorry I’ve actually had enough of the word ‘racist’ for today. YES she did repost racist posts on tumblr, she did not create them but she did find them funny back in the day. I actually scream laughing from a popular TV show called Little Britain that has just been removed for the use of ****** and other things. That show was popular and DOWNRIGHT funny. I can tell you now I am not racist in the slightest, but that forbidden comedy did make me laugh back in the day. Camila reposted the similar humour back then and yes she got caught, but she has apologised. Maybe she apologised because she got caught or maybe she apologised because she truthfully doesn’t find that funny anymore and has changed. Either way if you’re not gonna accept her apology, forget about it and focus on people that are still showing racist acts right now.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, jennyj said:

Ugh this is beyond cringe.  Celebs really just need to shut up and just 'do' instead of 'say'.  You don't need to declare anything or make some big statement, you don't even need to protest or donate or anything. Just treat everyone equally and love instead of hate.  :whatitellu:

Yes! Be the change you want to see. Walk the walk. It’s easy to sit behind a camera in the comfort of your Cali mansion and say things. Actions always speak louder than words. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, AndyFoster said:

I’m sorry I’ve actually had enough of the word ‘racist’ for today. YES she did repost racist posts on tumblr, she did not create them but she did find them funny back in the day. I actually scream laughing from a popular TV show called Little Britain that has just been removed for the use of ****** and other things. That show was popular and DOWNRIGHT funny. I can tell you now I am not racist in the slightest, but that forbidden comedy did make me laugh back in the day. Camila reposted the similar humour back then and yes she got caught, but she has apologised. Maybe she apologised because she got caught or maybe she apologised because she truthfully doesn’t find that funny anymore and has changed. Either way if you’re not gonna accept her apology, forget about it and focus on people that are still showing racist acts right now.

You’re sympathizing with a racist and agreed that some of the things she posted were funny. Goodbye. It’s been made clear I don’t belong here

4 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

You’re sympathizing with a racist and agreed that some of the things she posted were funny. Goodbye. It’s been made clear I don’t belong here

Where did I say I agreed that the stuff she posted I found funny? I said I found a show in England funny, which has just been removed but has caused uproar in England because it was so popular and was simply satire! Similar and same aren’t a direct correlation. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block