Emma Bunton's second studio album is the last great solo Spice album

18 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Melanie C also launched her solo label as an independent artist.  

I love how red girl logo has a sporty spice girl. Keeps her love for Liverpool's football team with the colors and titles. 

I think that's why Melanie C was able to still make music. She was smart and saved up all her money and such. 

It's the reason why she has the most music as a solo spice girl. 6 studio albuns after being dropped by Virgin when Reason flopped.

She was shady however. 

Reason sold 500,000 worldwide.

Beautiful intentions sold a million worldwide. 

Melanie C  point out and said. 

Take that Virgin. I didn't need a major label to sell after all. 

Yep! It's extremely impressive! And the fact that she's releasing music to this day is crazy. I love her new track Who I Am a lot

24 minutes ago, monkeystar88 said:

I heard Maybe and didn't even know it was Baby Spice. I bought the album and was so surprised. Every song is so perfect and a gem. I feel so **** when i listen to it. I do love her softer tracks like the ones on the second half of the album they are so beautiful. Truly a HIDDEN POP GEM!

When dispatcito was a global phenomenon 

British press reminded people before reggaeton took over. Luis fonsi was a romantic crooner as The duet You're so amazing proved. He was more into romance at one point. Then hooking up. 

On 6/10/2020 at 12:45 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

Oddly after Free Me, both 2006's Life in Mono and 2019's My Happy Place was trashed by fans and critics alike stating that she tried duplicating Free Me. 

Oddly, her cover of "Don't Call Me Baby" was trashed by the original artists, stating her innocent and sweet personality failed to match the song's aggressive attitude.  

Even critics agreed her innocent childlike persona was seen as overlooked compared to Victoria's icy stare as Posh, Geri's in your face attitude and brass. Mel B's unapologetic nature and very loud mouth. Even tom boy Melanie C's Sporty Spice persona. All the other girks always overshadowed the sweet and innocent Baby Spice, a fact that still proves today.

I agree with almost everything except these statements. Life in mono and Happy Place weren't trashed, we were very happy she released them and she def wasn't trying to duplicate Free Me. Her last album was full of covers, like wtf. She didnt even think she could pull of another album and was very happy with the results.

Don't Call Me Baby is great in her voice and suits what fans know is her personality, baby as a front and naughty behind the scenes, but still sweet. I love it.

Also, her baby persona was not overshadowed by the others, she was the second most popular member of the group only after Geri. She's like the Hilary Duff of the group, just because she didn't bring controversy doesn't mean people dont like her. And that fact doesn't still "proves today", because none of them are as popular as they were today, except for maybe Victoria.

As for the subject of the thread, yes Free Me is amazing and im glad she shot the video for the first single at a beach in Brazil. The samba influences on this album are amazing, she showed true class.

I do think though that Mel C keeps bringing her game up every time. Just because she started her own label doens't mean she's not successful, its very hard doing it on your own and just now in 2019/2020 she acknowledged how privileged she was being on the spice girls, accepted the Mel C nickname (which she hated for years) and went out looking for better management. Her new era is going to be massive, she has written with Little Boots and doing collabs that are opening up a new fanbase for her. She shouldnt be pushed aside, we should expect big things for her. I can see her stepping into Kylie shoes level of recognition. Obviously not as big as Kylie but if she channels the diva dance/electronic vibe she's been giving us lately, she sure has a following to grow.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:19 PM, BabyBabyBay said:

Fun fact: Mel B did actually make a second album, the label I work for released it! It's more acoustic, it's a decent effort, not majorly pop though. It was supposed to reflect the type of music she grew up on :tbh:

OH YEAH! I totally forgot about that album. Why is it not on streaming platforms? How come she hasn't made a third?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block