It seems to me today's music industry doesn't create legends or icons anymore

these days it's more like fast food. many 'Artists' get to trend on YouTube for 2-3 days. You will see comments like  'ohh so Iconic' on their music video 🙄After that maybe they will perform at a few summer festivals and that's it. there's a new person, new trend, new viral thing. I blame short attention spam 😅

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

This post is so false :ohwut: what? Not creating legends anymore?:jeanluc:stop saying the same things people were saying back in the year 2000. It is the new age, new year and new decade. Get over it :chrissy:Not just Billie but so many have potential.

Ariana for sure, will be a legend for her beautiful and outstanding vocals. Billie will become a teen icon (and icon overall), Dua lipa is going to be for sure legendary. For what she served in future nostalgia, to see what heights she can extend to with her future projects, makes her look like she is going to be loved by critics. Rappers like Meghan Thee Stallion and Doja cat will become rap icons and will explode in popularity in the next 3 years. Lizzo will for sure be body positivity icon. Taylor Swift will start getting lifetime awards (and will decline in the mid 2020s). Rina SAWAYAMA has so much potential to be big.
There are many icons and legends in the making of our generation. So stop annoying us with this outdated “I miss music from olden times”. Music from 1970s-2000s was for sure amazing and legendary, but can u deny this years music has been fantastic.There’s a huge improvement.

the huge quantity of lies in this message bitchuok.png 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Ari is viewed by the press as the Mariah Carey of her Generation. I grew up with Mariah. Why would I want the generic version. Ariana can't even do a whistle note. Many critics believe that was a studio creation on Imagine. 

Hey I know very little in regards to notes and keys lol. Leave that to you bud. But I mean of course there’s some studio magic. That’s with nearly most artists. In some form or other.

15 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Zayn

As far as I know, Zayn has said that in 1D he suffered from some mental illnesses (I can't remember them right now) and body image problems. And you can just see it, on the first years of 1D he was funny and all over the place but as time when on he got more private, and even to this day when he is a solo artist he is still like this. This is sad tbh, if it wasn't for all of this we would have now one of the biggest stars

6 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Ari is viewed by the press as the Mariah Carey of her Generation. I grew up with Mariah. Why would I want the generic version. Ariana can't even do a whistle note. Many critics believe that was a studio creation on Imagine. 

1. Ariana Grande isn't Mariah Carey and doesn't want to be her

2. Ariana Grande can do whistle notes which is the only reason the two are compared

3. As a Mariah stan I think it's disrespectful to say things are "studio creations" without valid proof considering Mariah went through the same thing in the 90s

4. This beef is so OLD and TIRED! Let it die in peace.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

To me, legends are created over time by: immense success, massive exposure, scandal and the resilience from that scandal. AKA it takes time to create a legend. We'll see them shine through in the following years imo. 

Thanks for the topic, @Spicechinodiva. Featured it on the homepage :clicktina:

Totally. None of the current shining stars have a legend seal, no matter how big they seem. During Britney's peak, nobody could have predicted or forseen the way her life and career would unravel. 

The ones who seem huge today might want to buy a farm and milk cows tomorrow. Now, the last ten years, I agree about PCD or Sanity, but did anybody ever think they would be legendary? They were music's fast food

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block