19 Years of BreatheHeavy: where the name BreatheHeavy came from

On 6/2/2020 at 10:37 PM, Jordan Miller said:

name.jpg.f8e00289939d02838d5db7523e21a31d.jpg

To celebrate BH turning 17-years-old today, I wanted to put together some highlights. 

People ask me all the time why I named this site BreatheHeavy.

Some think it was cause of "Breathe On Me," but in actuality It was inspired by the "Slave 4 U" Light Your *** On Fire Remix with Pharrell Williams. 🔥 

I remember listening to this remix a LOT on the long drive home from a gymnastics meet, and when she started, well... breathing heavy (in the breakdown) I was like :wow: BREATHE HEAVY. The name literally just popped into my head. The next day I bought the domain name. 

I specifically remember not wanting to have Britney's name in the domain name in case I decided to expand. :jj: 

Britney performed this version of Slave at the 2003 NFL event. When the flames light up around her and she's slithering around the stage. Iconic. 

I also recall my high school blocked the name because the system linked the two words together and automatically assumed it was a **** site lol. 

Even when I tell people now what the name is, their first reaction is like :OMGney:

And now you know :clicktina:

Related:

This version of Slave is AWESOME 

I found your site in 2007. My high school friend Chrissy was a Britney Stan and found BH. Where I always loved Britney’s music, I didn’t follow her or any artist. That was my sophomore year of high school and I was OBSESSED when Blackout came out. I remember my MySpace profile song was Radar as it leaked there. I would get home from school and sit on my bulky white computer screen in the living room and dig for new updates. I was so scared for Britney but sooo fascinated by her. New pap videos would come out every week and I was just hooked. Hasn’t changed since then. Btw when I look back at that time not many people loved Blackout because it was so heavy. I even remember Freakshow sounding like aggressive, heavy noise back then, but I love that song now. So many memories and nostalgia. I remember the LongIslandKid days on Exhale as well. I also discovered gifs for the first time here when they weren’t popular. This place will always feel like a home away from home. Thanks always Jord!

20 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

17 years? I was in kindergarten :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

17 hours ago, Rik said:

I was in grade 2 or maybe even 1 :melt_weird_drift_wow:

Pathetic, I wasn't even born :melt_weird_drift_wow:

OT: Woohoo! Back to some good 2017-2018 memories of visiting this site :matches: That era was pretty much Exhale's second peak me fears :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

18 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Can we celebrate this with a list of downfalls too?

1. Desert performance

You have to embrace the failures too:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

1. Desert performance
  2. 2019 Domination Residency Announcement Fiasco
  3. Satisfying remix branded as new Britney song meltdowns
  4. Lilith & Cheri 
  5. Accusations of Jordan being in Team Cons payroll
  6. That one user with the famous #FreeBritney who tried dragging Jordan but failed miserably
  7. Exhale's mini 2008 recession in early of 2021
  8. "I always sing live" meltdown
  9. The Biden-Trump era 
  10. Feuds and dramas between exhale users
  11. @OnlyFacts (an icon, me fears) 
  12. @Rik's downfall era

:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

• Haha 1
  • Leader
22 hours ago, Frayney said:

Happy Birthday BreatheHeavy! I have checked this site religiously since 2006 and FINALLY joined Exhale in 2019. Thank you @Jordan Miller for all of your hard work and efforts with the site since then, it really has evolved. :wink_britney_everytime_white: :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

13 years of visiting before joining :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

theres so many more out there like that :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

• 1 year later...
  • Leader
20 minutes ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

I'm too lazy to read 4 pages but the name reminds me of Breathe On Me the song and I like it. It's timeless just like ITZ. Which makes the sites itself an ode to ITZ, one of her strongest albums. It's nice easter egg for the fandom. You did that one amazing!

Happy 19th B-Day! :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

Remains iconic :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
  • Leader
16 minutes ago, jordeezyIZkarma said:

The name feels very "High Fashion" for a fan base community. I like that it has its own identity. Good choice although it does sound a little "mature". 

Yea! I remember thinking at the time I didn't want Britney's name in the domain name. Great call imo cause it helps it stand out 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block