I love Mood Ring buuuuuuuuuuut....

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

IMO not supporting her music does not help Britney in any way, shape or form. I see where you're coming from, but fans are uniting the only way we know how right now. It's important to remember that ignoring Britney's music ultimately hurts her. Just my two cents 🙏 

not seeing her sons thanks to her dad hurts her more though 

I'm sure she'll be glad about the song but I'm sure she has bigger things to worry about

• Love 6
  • Like 3

You nailed it!

We have a responsibility as consumers to put our money towards good and ethical causes that align with our values. 

Vote with your wallet because it’s the only vote that counts! I’m boycotting the Britney brand until she’s a free woman. 

• Love 6
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

IMO not supporting her music does not help Britney in any way, shape or form. I see where you're coming from, but fans are uniting the only way we know how right now. It's important to remember that ignoring Britney's music ultimately hurts her. Just my two cents 🙏 

You know dang well that money isn’t going in Britney’s pocket where it belongs. Which ultimately DOES HURT HER. And it hurts us because that money goes to anti-gay causes. 

• Love 8
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, WAVES said:

You can promote free britney and still support her as an artist, regardless of opinions on where the money goes

You not streaming mood ring won't exactly help with anything

but by streaming mood ring, you would contribute to her status with the gp and label in prepare for her return to music

This! I think if Mood Ring gets some buzz if may help bring more attention to Free Britney. Most of the gp thinks of Britney as BOMT, Toxic, 2007, and maybe the last they really knew music wise was FF/S&S/possibly work ***** and then she went to Vegas to do a residency. I think a lot of ppl don’t know Glory existed because the rollout was so messy and there was still a big focus on Vegas. When I used to play Make Me IN 2016 my  friends would be like “is this Britney?” If people hear Mood Ring, they make check up on her and read more about Free Britney, the more ppl know about this situation the better! Non stans dont realize all the crap that’s going on, and what’s been happening for years. Also, at the end of the day, her team makes very little money from her music. The way most artists make money now is touring/residencies or endorsements. It’s been that way for a long time. That’s why they’ve made her tour and do the residency, even when her heart clearly wasn’t in it. Also, at the end of the day I believe buying a song from Glory, when Britney started to seem to regain some of her passion for music and performing feels like supporting her. She called Glory her baby. It’s not the same as BJ or FF. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Well said.

If Britney isn’t actually forced to record some of these videos, that still doesn’t mean it’s in her best interest. She’s obviously not completely “there” right now and it’s our job to know better and not play along. 

I like Mood Ring, but this whole thing is more like Lou Ring :teigen:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Oh God... Sorry if I’m wrong but I really hope her team hasn’t turned you. :gloriascary: 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

It doesn't even affect her... Really.. It could be the smash hit of the year and it wouldn't effect her situation at all. This doesn't make her, in fact yes, this could be a situation where they force her to anything. We have seen her forced videoes this year.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Johanpapz said:

If records labels don't see anything to win by putting money in a product they will stop it (end of Britney's career, is that what you want?).

Nope, Britney's status in the music industry is HUGE, she could end her contract with RCA and get hired by any other label because her market is huge even when she isn't 100% in the newer generations. Some confuse being VIRAL (billie ellish, JB, Maluma, etc) with being actually successful. Even when Glory and Make Me were not precisely HITS, they were a business for RCA. 

I am 100% into buying Glory because that is the only way we have to tell Britney how much we love the music she does when she does it BY HEART, hopefully she can see the difference between the support for this quality music and the **** her label makes her do. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

RCA, writers and producers will get the biggest cut of music sales 

People from the CONservatorship still get their share. 

11 minutes ago, Dirk said:

this

The CONservatorship still profits. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I think most of their share comes from Vegas contracts, merch and perfume

We don’t know how much they get, but contributing a red cent to Jamie, Lou, and the rest of the liars is too much. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
Just now, C0CKy said:

We don’t know how much they get, but contributing a red cent to Jamie, Lou, and the rest of the liars is too much. 

Music royalties are split 50/50 between writers and publishers.   The writers will get that 50% divided amongst themselves and publishing companies get the rest and they are usually owned by labels.  Still greedy ppl tho. 

12 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Music royalties are split 50/50 between writers and publishers.   The writers will get that 50% divided amongst themselves and publishing companies get the rest and they are usually owned by labels.  Still greedy ppl tho. 

Right, but we can’t pretend that the CONservatorship isn’t profiting off this because they are.

Jordan saying, “not supporting her music doesn’t help Britney in any way, shape or form,” is damaging quite frankly.  I think a lot of fans are lying to themselves and have rationalized it that way but it’s simply not true.  

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, C0CKy said:

Right, but we can’t pretend that the CONservatorship isn’t profiting off this because they are.

Jordan saying, “not supporting her music doesn’t help Britney in any way, shape or form,” is damaging quite frankly.  I think a lot of fans are lying to themselves and have rationalized it that way but it’s simply not true.  

I agree with what you are saying - it's all a mess. I just wanted to point out that other people get big chunks of the royalties too.   One good thing about buying it is typically an artist gets to own their work once a record label gets enough royalties but who knows what Britney's contracts are like??  It could be a Lou Pearlman (not an allegation, just pondering) scenario and we just don't know.

6 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I agree with what you are saying - it's all a mess. I just wanted to point out that other people get big chunks of the royalties too.   One good thing about buying it is typically an artist gets to own their work once a record label gets enough royalties but who knows what Britney's contracts are like??  It could be a Lou Pearlman (not an allegation, just pondering) scenario and we just don't know.

I get your point too. Many people are getting fed, no doubt.

I’d be shocked if Britney personally owned any of her masters (that’s what you’re talking about, right? :awkblink:)