I love Mood Ring buuuuuuuuuuut....

7 hours ago, C0CKy said:

Nobody is saying you should stop enjoying her music or taking about her. Boycotting the brand is what we’re talking about. That’s all we’re able to do as fans. For people who have no other way of listening to her than to stream, I say go for it. They’re not part of the problem. Because I wouldn’t want to do without her music either. I think we should be boycotting where we can and not rewarding them for literally nothing. They didn’t even put a 2020 remix on the song. Not that that would change my stance but still — we’re rewarding them by repurchasing a 4 year old song for what exactly?

I truly get your side too and how promoting these campaigns as a good thing is lucrative for your website with the extra traffic, but at what cost?  A person’s life?  A Mood Ring supporter told me today that they know they’re giving money to Team CON but that they’re selfish. And I have a lot of respect for that person for at least being real about it. They didn’t try to make me feel bad nor did I them.

Maybe my values are different than the majority of the #FreeBritney supporters and even the “Britney army,” too. But the movement is not about “Britney Spears” for me anymore. It is about a person named Britney who deserves the world’s attention for the trauma she has endured, and for the tens of thousands of lives that will be saved through “freeing Britney”. The new laws that will be created and awareness that it will bring. And if that means making sacrifices then that’s the cross I’ll bear because people’s lives are at stake.

shocked holy hell GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, feo said:

I won't be listening to it on any streaming platforms.  I feel bad since I saw that AMA with the writer who seems like a genuinely awesome person, but everything her team has been doing lately (The Zone, Glory cover change, Vinyls, #Justice for Glory, and now the Mood Ring release) just seems like a desperate attempt to continue to profit off of her and her real fans shouldn't fall for this. 

In fact, Britney seems to have stopped working in protest to the conservatorship so it is an insult to her to continue to support this scheme in any way.  I will continue to listen to Mood Ring, but only through unofficial youtube channels, as with the rest of her discography. 

Let's not give the conservatorship anything.  I will not put a penny into the Britney brand until she is free.  We have seen what baloney their claims are (even initially saying she has dementia when she has been continuing to learn pretty intricate choreography for the past 12 years).  We have also seen what trash team conservatorship is by how they treat fans (suing them, putting our gay Britney dollars towards gay conversion therapy etc.) #FreeBritney

mood-ring.jpg

i see no lies 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, BritneyMinaj said:

CAN WE BAN U

SHE FINALLY RELEASES A FKG SONG NEW TO THE PUBLIC

AND UR DUMB A SS WONT FKG SUPPORT THEN WHAT ARE U DOING ON A BRITNEY FORUM

CAN WE MAKE HER CHART ON BB100 PLZ NOW GTFO AND STREAM MOOD RING

SEEING NUMBERS MAKES HER HAPPY OK IF WE CAN AT LEAST DO THAT 4 HER GOSH 

This is a discussion board for a reason, also you could be a bit friendlier the user creating this topic hasn’t attacked you. 

14 hours ago, Justney said:

It's so disturbing to hear so many "fans" putting her music first.  Her career was already trashed by her cheap greedy team since 2008. She'll never be able to truly make music she wants to as long as you're feeding into her hungry team.  Stop. Her own son said she wanted to quit music and she's been laying low for awhile.  She's not concerned about her music career. She's concerned,  presumably after being forced into an asylum and losing more time with her kids,  about her freedom and personal life. 

Anyone justifying that her career is in jeopardy  hasn't been paying attention to what Britney really wants and it sure as hell isn't her music. That's what you,  the selfish fan wants. You all care more about a blackout 2.0 than Britney being able to go see friends without asking her daddy at almost 40 years old, or being able to fight for custody of her kids so she can spend the night with them,  or having a healthy relationship and maybe planning a family with them... no, you care about music. 

Every little thing helps, boycotting and being loud helps.  They gave you this stuff because you were loud about it and they know it's going to make them money now that they have no new viable outlets for money right now. Britney didn't give this to you.  Her scheming team did and you're eating right out of their hands.

I totally agree with this comment, even if it is a bit harsh-sounding.

I have been a Britney fan since I was 13 years old, but now as a practicing lawyer for the past 10 years I simply cannot reconcile my financial support to her as a fan with what is happening to her.  The stench of all of this is too much.  And all of this has happened before.  Did you guys watch the movie Love & Mercy?  It is about Brian from the Beach Boys and how he was completely drugged up and controlled by his manager.  This happens over and over again in Hollywood in different ways, but for the same reasons...money and power.  The documentary 'The Guardians'  and the Netflix show 'Dirty Money' episode 'Guardians Inc.' all show us something that I learned almost immediately upon becoming a lawyer.  The 'justice' system is anything but just.  It is comprised of fallible people who serve as lawyers, doctors and judges all of whom can all be wrong, lazy, biased and even corrupted.  Don't take Britney smiling in some videos and thanking fans for whatever charts or articles as an indication of her genuine gratitude.  Britney Spears has no legal rights as an adult and every single thing that we see (particularly on social media) is 100% curated/created -or at minimum approved- by her conservators.

To me everything about Britney's case screams abuse, and it is sad that nobody (not even her mother) has formally filed for this conservatorship to be lifted.  However, at the same time it makes total sense since everybody around Britney depends on her financially, even her mother.  When Britney's own son said his mother doesn't want to work anymore how do you think those that depend on her to keep paying their multi-million dollar mansions, trips, kid's colleges and other luxuries feel? 

That was my intention behind this post.  This conservatorship has to be starved of money so that it can be dissolved.  If it keeps being profitable these people will keep fighting to keep it going and hold this human being hostage.  I think this is probably what Britney is trying to do by refusing to work. 

Nobody is saying don't listen to her music or don't talk about her.  As fans that would be too much.  To @JordanMiller's point to some extent some things are outside of our hands as talking about her or posting about her adds to her influence and notoriety.  However, for the couple of things that are within our  control (such as NOT buying merch, albums, singles, tickets etc.) if done in mass it can have impact, especially as Britney Brand consumers nowadays are mostly her fanbase.  I just think we owe that to her as fans.  Britney is Britney.  If and when she is finally free she will be able to be profitable. 

PS Thanks @JordanMiller for the mainpage!  ;)

• Love 3
  • Like 1
On 5/30/2020 at 1:59 AM, CripplerCrossface said:

First, listening Mood Ring in unofficial channels in YouTube you STILL getting profits to RCA thanks to YouTube and their copyright register.

Second, and certainly one of the BIG reasons why i am supporting this, and it's because Britney herself was 100% happy when she heard Glory was number one some weeks ago and you can clearly see a truly smile from her.

Also, you can see something different in her lately and with news about she is ready to fight against the conservatorship you can say she is inspired and maybe, she called RCA and she was the one who makes this choices in her way to say: Thank you for FreeBritney and JusticeforGlory.

I support the boycott to Britney the brand: the perfumes, merchandise, The Zone, the ones who are create just for money but Britney's passion is her music and we can't get that away from her too. We need to give her a healty career after she beat the conservatorship, because we'll be here supporting her during the whole process like we do since the beginning of the FreeBritney movement and we'll be here every time she faces injustice.

By the way, I think that copyright register part might not be accurate.  Let me know if you find something else though but this is what I found: https://blog.songtrust.com/things-you-had-wrong-about-youtube-royalties

11 hours ago, Jamiea1112 said:

But the reality Is...we’ll never fully know if what we are doing is right or wrong. What bits of info is fully factual and what’s dramatised. It’s hard.

I think it's very clear what we're doing is right. The fact that she can't even talk about the c-ship and anyone who speaks out is immediately silenced is proof. What more do you need? This isn't conspiracy theory.  There is evidence of silencing and abuse even if you think some few second instagram videos say otherwise. If that's all you need to contradict the endless proof of corruption brought to the table then i'm sorry but you're a very naive and misguided fan.  

I also don't suggest we just block out everything she's doing,  i suggest we stop buying into things her team is selling us and be loud. Speak up. Make as much noise as you would if you were spending money to keep her on the charts. Celebrate her by making everyone you can aware of her situation. 

What Britney fans are really doing is damaging what the public thinks of her even further. They already think her instagram is weird and that she's crazy and shaved her head,  but by just letting the cship abuse slide because you're "unsure" and just buying up her stuff you're showing the public that yes,  she's crazy and needs her cship and somehow she's in control at the same time so there's no need to look into her situation any further because look the britney fans are totally fine with things and Ariana Grande is out there saying she's still hungry to make music (after her son said she wanted to quit). I guess that's just my opinion on the matter. I would rather see her freed than worry about a B-10. If she is passionate about it she'll come back but I don't want her to do it because she's forced and has her kids dangling above her head. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 10:21 AM, Roxxy said:

I still don't understand this protest cause it's a little too all over the place and not consistent. But there is a way where we can all unite in this thing.

My question is... don't you guys have her discography in digital copies? Like, before #FreeBritney even became a thing. :imacat:

I don't like streaming as well cause I don't like listening to an album that's not complete. I feel like it's such a flop thing to do. :flop:

I'm not American and my Oops CD I got as a kid in 2000 has Girl in the Mirror and You Got It All. So I don't like streaming the album and not hearing those two songs that i'm used to hearing all my life. But I do have them digitally when the international edition was still available on iTunes. :mattafact:

So again, my question is, why do you guys have to resort to listening to her music on Youtube. :omg: This wouldn't be a problem if only fans actually supported her music and bought her records either physical or digital BEFORE the #FreeBritney movement started.

I think this "i wont buy, but I will stream" just exposes flop fans who never spent a penny for her music.

Don't you guys own her music? :barbie:

You are making a lot of blanket assumptions.  I actually do own her music.  I bought all of her albums, but I usually listen to music on youtube on my computer since it is connected to my speakers.  So in fact I usually give my favourite artists even more (money for the album plus streams).  Not a flop fan =D

On 5/29/2020 at 10:28 AM, YoungOne said:

Well we are a fanbase and our job is giving support to the artist we love. 

also there’s no much money they can make from music releases honey, is not 2000 anymore. Just buy the damn song.

Albums are like $10 bucks too so not buying songs, merch and albums to boycott the Brand can have an impact, especially if done in mass.  And especially when the artist is not touring it will cut into at least some chunk of their profits.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:31 AM, 10pm24 said:

I’ll quote myself from another thread to answer it:

The reason I don’t feel bad for supporting this is Glory felt like something she wanted to do and she loved to do and she was excited about her project. It had more Britney than anything we got before recently unlike FF or BJ :howdareyou:  If it was one of them, I wouldn’t support this :lessons:  And just put the “gym fire” video and the “thank you for making glory #1” video next to each other. You can tell she was genuine in the “thank you” video :crying3:

That's the thing.  We don't know if we can trust anything she says in those videos.  Remember she is a person without any legal rights.  If you see the documentary "The Guardians" you can see they can do whatever they want with these people under conservatorship as they can even keep them constantly drugged up.  And a person under duress/manipulation can be made to say and do anything. 

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 10:35 AM, G-unit said:

This!!  I understand why some fans are refusing to support, but at the same time I kind of don’t.  Everyone that works with her says she is so professional and loves what she does.  Yeah, it sucks big time that her ****ty *** team profits off her work, but at the end of the day I support Britney and her passion.  She works hard and, especially with Glory, she had so much passion for music.  Fans organized the Justice For a Glory movement, not her team.  Back when the original Glory album cover came out, it was revealed that it was BRITNEY who reached out and asked them to put up the original artwork for her fans to have.  And when she went on Insta and said she was having the “best day ever” after Glory hit number one on the pop chart several weeks ago, that was really sincere and awesome.

it’s a really blurry line...but there are other ways to make noise and shine light on her circumstance that don’t involve being unsupportive of her craft.  We have done an AMAZING job of bringing Free Britney to where it is.  I guess if some of you see us as ****ty fans for supporting something she created, then so be it.

Those reports of "Britney" asking them to change the cover are all hearsay, and considering they control every single thing she posts on social media it is hard to know what "she" is actually saying.  Even the instagram account LawyersforBritney pointed out that her social media accounts are linked to several people running them from several different countries.  Remember Team Conservatorship even purchased had several outlets like TMZ in their pockets.  Don't take their statements at face value and don't assume Britney's social media is actually 'Britney'

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 10:42 AM, lustwecantcontrol said:

RCA is the only one truly profiting from justiceforglory and Mood Ring’s release...which is nothing out of the ordinary!

What fans don’t understand is that if we all stopped buying her music she would lose support from her label and less and less effort would be put into her releases and her career would probably never recover and then we’d be left with nothing at all! 

That is based on a lot of assumptions that I think are not true.  After all, look at how a 4 year old song is doing without any promotion.  Britney would do fine.  She is still an A-lister after all these years.  If anything, with Britney free we would probably get another Blackout or Glory (assuming she wanted to keep working).  Remember on Jonathan Ross she said the last few albums before Glory had 0 input from her.  She is stifled in life and art by this oppressive conservatorship.  If her freedom means temporary loss of fame/income or the loss of a label that allowed her to continue getting abused, sounds worth it to me.

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 10:51 AM, Johanpapz said:

Guys, guys, guys... We are talking about buying a single at not even 1$!!! I respect the fact that some fans don't want to give them more money but this won't buy Lou a new car or anything... You know sometimes if you want the good side of something you also have to take the bad one! Nothing can't be 100% perfect. In this case it will show the world and Britney's team that she's still huge and her fanbase is not dead!!! Could you imagine the news all over the media? A n°1 single after 4 years? it will be so amazing! When was the last time you/we bought something from Britney's brand anyway? The last thing was Glory, 4 years ago... You can't give 1 little $? Not for them, for Britney and our fanbase!!! We are still here and they need to listen to us!!! If her people and people in general think Britney can't sell anything anymore they will do it in their way until' is completly dead. If not, they will put more money in their product hoping they will earn more in return. I get the idea of stopping giving them money, but it's not only about that, if record labels see no more good sell, no matter the reasons, they will drop the artist! No more huge money budget for videos, clothes, promo, etc... So you will kill Britney's career as well, keep that in your mind. Sometimes to bring the positiv you have to accept the negativ first, just sayin'.

I won't tell that if it was like a collector sweartshirt or a perfume or something else 100% commercial. Right here it's just a single but the message we can send to them to everybody can have an impact!!! B-Army is still in mission and can destroy some mommies b*ttholes... BUT ONLY IF WE WANT IT LOU... AND RCA... ONLY IF WE WANT IT.

That's why the idea is not just boycotting the singles, but also the merch, tickets, albums, ridiculous money-grabbing scams like The Zone and anything else like that.  And I think the idea that having a successful single will suddenly make people aware of her plight is mistaken.  That will make Team Conservatorship even better funded and more motivated to continue the gravy train.  If anything being successful makes everyone think she is doing 'fine'.  Even many of us fans turned a blind eye since she was touring, having #1 albums etc. and we didn't realize there was an adult woman in a legal prison for 12 years for no clear reason

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 11:04 AM, Johanpapz said:

Amen. Records label don't give a **** if it's for a good reason or not that fans don't want to buy anything anymore, if the product, call it like it is, Britney and every singers are only "product", if the product is not selling then BYYYYYYYE. This is how it's work. And saddly Britney needs their support, it's a circle. If they smell the end, they will use her brand in a very nasty way till' it will be completly dead!!! Like doing some album with less promo, low MV budget (because they will be affraid to lose too much money on an ending product so they won't go risky) I understand the fact that some fans don't want to give them more money but you will kill Britney's career as well. It needs to be do in other way. Merchandasing etc are bulls*it. Don't buy them. But singles and albums selling/streaming is very important for her!!!

But does Britney really need that label?  Does she enjoy the constant need for promotion and obligation that comes with it?  We don't know for sure, but it doesn't seem like it.  Seems like she likes her privacy.  More and more artists are creating their own labels or managing themselves and finding it gives them more freedom.  So many artists have done that after getting fed up with labels (Evanescence, Placebo, to name a few).  But before Britney can even do that she actually needs her legal freedom. 

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 3:24 PM, Dirk said:

this

Managers and the rest of them also get a cut, and anyway it is just the start.  If the buzz starts again guess who is going to get pushed into making music videos and tours?  As someone pointed out in this thread we have already seen what forced videos and tours look like and it is sad in every way.

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 3:36 PM, jordeezy said:

I think most of their share comes from Vegas contracts, merch and perfume

Which is why the idea is also boycotting those.  The only way to make powerful people kneel is through money

• Like 2