Advice on getting my nephew into Harry Potter?

Alright, so the consensus is that I should go for the book and maybe pick up the audio book while I'm at it. For now, I think I'm going to get him both the standard American version and the large illustrated version, so he can have one to read at home and the other to read wherever he goes. I'll update after the 15th on what his reaction was. Thank you to everyone who contributed! :sendinglove: Everything you've said today was beyond helpful.

Also, we still don't know what house @Roxxy is in. :idkney: Cast your votes now! :barbie:

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, brycetippe said:

You're so sweet. I love that you really want to get him into it. Harry Potter is like the best thing ever when you're a kid. I hope he really gets into it, as it's... MAGICAL. :)

PS. I'm a Slytherin. :bieber:

Thank you :imcute: Though I must admit my reasons are a little selfish. While I would love him to be into Harry Potter no matter what, I was originally going to give him the book on his 11th birthday like Harry in the Sorcerer's Stone but I didn't want anyone to beat me to it. :makeup: I think I would die if my sister's mom or her brother gave it to him before I could. :fruit: :fakewow:

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

Thank you :imcute: Though I must admit my reasons are a little selfish. While I would love him to be into Harry Potter no matter what, I was originally going to give him the book on his 11th birthday like Harry in the Sorcerer's Stone but I didn't want anyone to beat me to it. :makeup: I think I would die if my sister's mom or her brother gave it to him before I could. :fruit: :fakewow:

There’s nothing greater than sharing one of passions with another. I get you. And even if it’s partially selfish, you’re still introducing him to something that is a really enjoyable world. I loved Harry Potter, I still do. When I was younger I’d read fan fiction all da time. Harry x Cedric FOREVER. 💀

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, brycetippe said:

There’s nothing greater than sharing one of passions with another. I get you. And even if it’s partially selfish, you’re still introducing him to something that is a really enjoyable world. I loved Harry Potter, I still do. When I was younger I’d read fan fiction all da time. Harry x Cedric FOREVER. 💀

"Harry x Cedric FOREVER" I-

:gagacrash: :dead:

Honestly I've always preferred Harry x

Spoiler

harry potter seriously my favourite reaction GIF

Spoiler

:haha: just kidding!

Spoiler

I think? :ehidk:

• Love 1

Ok, so thank you to @AmorProhibido for opening a Harry Potter conversation on Exhale in 2020. I'm sure this forum has had a lot of HP fans over the years, but 2020 is a different era of Exhale. We have a lot of new members, myself included. This topic brought back so many good memories. 💛🧡💜

Anyway, as for the winner of Roxxy Rewards...

Spoiler

I belong to House...

Spoiler

MYiP7Ut_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Spoiler

Congratulations @CrazyButItFeelsAllright :imacat:

Til the next Random Roxxy Rewards time! :barbie:

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Ok, so thank you to @AmorProhibido for opening a Harry Potter conversation on Exhale in 2020. I'm sure this forum has had a lot of HP fans over the years, but 2020 is a different era of Exhale. We have a lot of new members, myself included. This topic brought back so many good memories. 💛🧡💜

Hide contents

I belong to House...

Hide contents

Hide contents

:urite: 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

:urite: 

:gloria:

So... here is my HP story.

When I saw this thread, I instantly wanted to share my House cause people are always surprised that i'm a Slytherin. :blol: Throughout my high school and college life, people have always assumed that I am in Gryffindor. :imacat: I liked being in Slytherin because Draco Malfoy/Tom Felton was one of my fave crushes during my teens (him and Justin Timberlake). I like being in Slytherin because of Draco, Snape, and Merlin. Legends only.  :barbie:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

:gloria:

So... here is my HP story.

When I saw this thread, I instantly wanted to share my House cause people are always surprised that i'm a Slytherin. :blol: Throughout my high school and college life, people have always assumed that I am in Gryffindor. :imacat: I liked being in Slytherin because Draco Malfoy/Tom Felton was one of my fave crushes during my teens (him and Justin Timberlake). I like being in Slytherin because of Draco, Snape, and Merlin. Legends only.  :barbie:

Same. I always wanted to slither in Draco :clicktina:

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Reveal hidden contents

I belong to House...

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

:boredashell:

To quote Miss Taylor Swift, I had a bad feeliiinn~ that you were going to be a Slytherin.

But omg! :omgreallyney: Slytherin actually works really well for you. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Marlean said:

Just show the movie before you give him these gifts. My daughter was so hooked on the movies that she would love to read the books and own anything Harry Potter like, however she's too young yet (just 7). 

Thanks for the suggestion, but to be honest, I'd rather get him into the books first or at least try to. I saw the first movie before reading the book, and yes, while it did get me interested, I think I can pressure him to read first. :haha:

Spoiler

I don't like saying this but I hated Harry Potter until I was like 11 or 12. It was my sister's thing and I wanted to be as different as possible so I refused to take part until I saw Sorcerer's Stone on Disney Channel. I was too busy reading Warriors. :gagacrash:

6 hours ago, EasyThere said:

It's on Netflix so force him to watch it. If he doesn't like it disown him. 

Even better, I own the DVDs so the kid has absolutely no choice. :hahaha: We'll watch each movie after each book. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

To quote Miss Taylor Swift, I had a bad feeliiinn~ that you were going to be a Slytherin. But omg! Slytherin actually works really well for you. 

:haha:

I still don't see myself as a Gryffindor cause they're just... so nice. :imacat: And you know i'll cut a bich if one ever tries it with me. :ohwut: but all my high school friends insist I was a Gryffindor during our teens but I grew up being a Slytherin now that i'm an adult - and i'm like it doesn't work like that. :nonono: I've always been a Slytherin. :barbie:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block