This Day in Pop: Britney Spears receives Millennium Award at the 2016 BBMA. Performs medley (May 22)

Oh I remember that day, I was sooo nervous literally I think I was more anxious than Britney seriously, I was praying that everyhing came out perfect and that she wouldn't forget her moves or something :gobaby:

And then she came out and everything was flawless!! She made us all so proud of being her fans! :tifftear:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Loved this performance, a different jacket and a debut of Make Me live with G Easy at the end would have made it perfect. Oh, that and her receiving the award and making a speech would have been even better. Make it the whole first part of the show before the adverts. 

The August VMA slot should have been the debut of Slumber Party with Tinashe and a great dance breakdown.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Loved this performance, a different jacket and a debut of Make Me live with G Easy at the end would have made it perfect. Oh, that and her receiving the award and making a speech would have been even better. Make it the whole first part of the show before the adverts. 

Yeah it would've been amazing to promote Glory's lead single, and according to Robin Leach that was the plan. And I hated too that they didn't show her receiving the award.

35 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

The August VMA slot should have been the debut of Slumber Party with Tinashe and a great dance breakdown.

Do You Wanna Come Over? would've been better :gelis: But here is where she should've done a medley, but a Glory medley, just like Beyoncé did with her album. Something like this:

• Invitation
  • Man on the Moon
  • Better
  • Love Me Down
  • Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)
  • Do You Wanna Come Over?
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah it would've been amazing to promote Glory's lead single, and according to Robin Leach that was the plan. And I hated too that they didn't show her receiving the award.

Do You Wanna Come Over? would've been better :gelis: But here is where she should've done a medley, but a Glory medley, just like Beyoncé did with her album. Something like this:

• Invitation
  • Man on the Moon
  • Better
  • Love Me Down
  • Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)
  • Do You Wanna Come Over?

Beyoncé has the big medley with the VMA’s. Britney’s was perfect on the BBMA’s. Plus MTV would probably see it as a headliner battle and the media would spin it just like they did with JLO and Shakira. 

3 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Beyoncé has the big medley with the VMA’s. Britney’s was perfect on the BBMA’s. Plus MTV would probably see it as a headliner battle and the media would spin it just like they did with JLO and Shakira. 

I mean, nobody was expecting Beyoncé to perform a medley anyways. It was supposed to be Rihanna's night.  Britney could've perfectly performed a medley, because her album was just out. At the very least, the medley should've been MM with DYWCO instead of MMI.

Besides I was talking about this imaginary scenario where Britney performed MM at the BBMA as it was intended. 

8 minutes ago, slaveneytbh said:

Does anybody knows why she received the award backstage?
It would have been so nice to have all her peers in music witness this ICONIC moment of her receiving the damn award before her leaving LOL  :mcwave:

Like bow down y'all IT'S THE KWEEN :bwink:

people said it was because her medley was too long, along with the introductory video, so it would've been too much airtime. 

Tbh I think it was just bad planning from the producers. How the hell you won't give some airtime to one of the most important awards they give? :beynah: Plus it's not like she's known for her long-*** speeches, she would've just said "thanks to my fans, my kids and Larry" and waved her way out, but people would've at least known why she was performing in the first place. 

You can see how she stays there in the middle of the stage like waiting for something to happen. If she knew they weren't giving her the award, she would've ran away offstage asap. :donewithit: 

• Love 2

I remember people were criticizing this as not being iconic but to me this is. All the stars were aligned and you can see the fire back in her eyes. I loved that we got to experience it with her, feeling her nervous at first but slowly break out of her shell to finally being confident. I love that she takes us on this journey and that’s what’s special about it. It made me proud and she was so pleased with herself backstage as she high fived her dancers. 

• Love 7
  • 11 months later...