"Oops!... I Did It Again" album turns 20

1 minute ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Yup.  That’s exactly what I meant.  🤦🏻‍♂️

Good times. :sobbing: the first album I played on my Discman was J.Lo cause my Mom bought both of them on the same week. Many times I had the original Ain't It Funny on repeat. :gobaby:

• Love 1

I have very distinct memories of this album release.  Cardboard cutouts of Britney in the record store in the mall.  I listened to the whole album in Wal-Mart at the headphones - kids were waiting in line to hear it.  I was in love with the picture of Britney standing with the blue car.  That Summer the album was playing EVERYWHERE at the beach.  Adults and kids liked it. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Good times. :sobbing: the first album I played on my Discman was J.Lo cause my Mom bought both of them on the same week. Many times I had the original Ain't It Funny on repeat. :gobaby:

That’s a good bop too.  I love me some Ja Rule though.  :groovin:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

I took a break from listening to the Oops album. I'm watching on repeat the Oops VMA performance. :barbie:

Thanks @CJMCH and everyone in your team! I gave you guys a shoutout on my IG stories just now. Doing the Lord's work! 💛🧡💜

Thank YOU so much!

Been celebrating since yesterday. OMG send your IG link

• Love 1

So iconic. It truly is one of the best bubblegum pop albums ever! My favorite songs are OIDIA, DGOKOMD, and What U See! I remember on this day in 2000 my mom picked me up from school and I had asked her to please have the CD for me in the car and she did =) I went home and immediately started dancing to all the songs lol. Then I'm sure she was on TRL or something lol.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

This was my first Britney album ever. BOMT it was my neighbor who had it, actually on cassette, but Oops was the first one I could have in my house and listen to at any time. It was just so good

Hnngg~ Same. There seems to be a trend of getting Baby on cassette and getting Oops on CD. :imacat:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

What a poptastic album! What an era. 

It’s actually 20 years since I became a true fan... I always liked Britney but during the release of Lucky / Stronger I realised I liked her much more than just a regular listener.... and the rest is history. 

• Love 1

The song and album that introduced me to Queen Britney. :crying3:  I remember visiting my cousin and she had the album. The cover and booklet captivated me and I fell in love with the music. She let me borrow it and I played it on repeat on my parents' stereo haha. Then for my ninth birthday that same cousin bought me my own copy of Oops. To this day it's probably my favorite birthday present ever. It's funny because my childhood was often challenging and I was a lonely and depressed kid, but listening to Oops dancing away and watching the music videos was my escape from all those challenges. Looking back now on those times I can say that this album and Britney provided so much needed reprieve, and despite the hardships, I can still look back on my childhood and remember so much happiness that this album brought me. Thank you Britney!!! 

• Love 1