Billie Eilish working on her sophomore album, feels "uninspired"

• Leader

Is Billie Eilish shouldering a sophomore slump?

The main pop girl says she is indeed working on new music right now, but admits she feels uninspired. 

Billie and Finneas completed three songs though. 

She just had a huuuuge era. She deserves to take some time off and not feel pressured to have to followup with a new record already. But that's the music industry for ya. 

Any of you excited for her next album?! :billie:

billie-uninspired.jpg

• Like 3

Well I have agree to. I mean last year she had huge success because I mean, having the best selling single and best selling album of the year, and 5 Grammys in one night as a debut artist are crazzzyyy achievements that are really hard to achieve :clap1:however, even tho if she needs the time to take a break, I have a feeling that her record label is making her already start on a new album because maintaining success for let alone 10 years, but 6 years is really hard as the GP basically just go with whoever is famous in the moment and doesn’t stick with them for very long. So I guess they r trying to make a sophomore album gain success is really hard as it is the 2 sides of a coin, in the heads, you can manage to hit the same identical success with yr sophomore album like the debut and continue yr success:slamga: or yr second album will tank (flop) and u will thus, be regarded as a one hit wonder:yaknow: but so far, I think Billie is still going because from I believe her James Bond “no time to die” song was a top 10 hit in US billboards and Top 3 hit in the UK charts. But I hope she will be able to carry the success:katybelt: and yes, I am super excited for her new record as a huge Billie fan (I have WWAFAWWG CD :lizzie:)

• Like 4

I’ve had enough of the “debut” album. WWFAWDWG is her sophomore album no matter what anyone says. Kanye’s Ye has 7 tracks and has less playing time than dont smile at me and it’s categorized as an album and on his albums discography. Just cause she peaked at #14 with the “EP” doesn’t mean she gets a second chance at a debut. Everyone is so quick to rewrite the rules for these newer artists to give them an edge over others and I’m not here for it :sipnstare:

• Love 1
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’ve had enough of the “debut” album. WWFAWDWG is her sophomore album no matter what anyone says. Kanye’s Ye has 7 tracks and has less playing time than dont smile at me and it’s categorized as an album and on his albums discography. Just cause she peaked at #14 with the “EP” doesn’t mean she gets a second chance at a debut. Everyone is so quick to rewrite the rules for these newer artists to give them an edge over others and I’m not here for it :sipnstare:

Sorry girl but it’s an EP whether u like it or not. Minus the watch remix, there are 8 songs and anything above 9 is an album.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_play An EP generally has 3 to 6 tracks and has a shorter runtime, but with songs getting shorter I don't think that means a 9 song album should be called an EP. According to Spotify, this "EP" has 9 tracks (no Watch Remix). Yowza, weird. It's 28 minutes but has no interludes, so I don't get why it's considered an EP. That's a little short but looking at the length of the songs, it just seems like a more modern-length kind of thing, with all full-length songs under 4 mins and over 2:50.

I JUST tonight discovered it existed since Spotify BURIES EPs. Thanks for letting me know, @CrazyButItFeelsAllright

It seems like her record label wanted to do some trickery and it worked out for her. Do we just trust record labels now? .... Nah, I doubt it. This seems odd to me!

• Like 3
6 hours ago, DarkOut said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_play An EP generally has 3 to 6 tracks and has a shorter runtime, but with songs getting shorter I don't think that means a 9 song album should be called an EP. According to Spotify, this "EP" has 9 tracks (no Watch Remix). Yowza, weird. It's 28 minutes but has no interludes, so I don't get why it's considered an EP. That's a little short but looking at the length of the songs, it just seems like a more modern-length kind of thing, with all full-length songs under 4 mins and over 2:50.

I JUST tonight discovered it existed since Spotify BURIES EPs. Thanks for letting me know, @CrazyButItFeelsAllright

It seems like her record label wanted to do some trickery and it worked out for her. Do we just trust record labels now? .... Nah, I doubt it. This seems odd to me!

Yeah I used to be into her music so I discovered her through this EP when it first came out, but quickly got tired at how overexposed she is now. My point was that Idk why it was labeled an EP since I bet had it debuted at #1 or peaked at #1 it would’ve quickly been counted as an album. I mentioned Kanye’s album because his only has 7 tracks and it’s like 28 minutes long. So that should’ve been an EP as well but it’s an album 

13 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And I’m saying they’re cheats for that because had it been #1 it would’ve been counted as an album. No need to come for me Jayden. I’ve seen her live and probably discovered her before you did :peasants:

You’re right I discovered her and started fanning during WWAFAWDWG but I am not coming for you:alook: I just said that her team released it as an EP and that’s official whether we like it or not:yaknow: and it was anyways a good decision that they did so. It’s great that WWAFAWDWG was her actual debut

• Love 1
  • 4 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block