What would have been Britney’s career path If she had released The Original Doll?

puresin_rg

19 minutes ago, YvonneSpears said:

She didn't give 100% with circus or the tour! She hasn't given 100% performing wise since the onyx hotel tour! However she brought it 100% while recording glory!:brityes:

Glory wasn’t her best..The choice of singles,The Album Cover,Adding songs like Private show and making them as promo singles,Scrapping songs like Change your Mind,Better And biggest of all..Adding MOOD RING to Japanese Editions when it was the BIGGEST song to match the vibe of the album!! There are literally so many problems with glory...Britney’s vibe with this album was very good BUT the promotion,The Choice of songs to put in album,The singles (Make me and Slumber party defo are good but Just Luv me And Love me Down Match the vibe better) these are one of the many factors that lead to failure of glory!! 
And also her toxic team didn’t promote it in a better way either..So I guess it wasn’t her 100% overall as an artist..!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see her being able to explore her creative side with Original Doll and develop a new sound. Maybe the restructuring of her team and the people around her. If the divorce still happens in this alternative reality I see her coming back and making one more influential album and I say retirement around 2008/2009 after celebrating 10 years since BOMT to settle down and live a more stable life with her kids. 

I feel the complete stifling of her creativity was a HUGE catalyst to the breakdown and that could have been avoided if they gave her some breathing room. 

circus, FF, BJ only happen Bc of conservatorship. An album like and Glory (PRESENT, engaging, ****, fun) happens when she feels more in control which you would have gotten in 2006 vs 2016. 

the million dollar question is... would have we been blessed with the Bible that is Blackout if Original Doll was released :ineedthetruth:

11 minutes ago, Itscuzim31 said:

circus, FF, BJ only happen Bc of conservatorship. An album like and Glory (PRESENT, engaging, ****, fun) happens when she feels more in control which you would have gotten in 2006 vs 2016. 

I don't understand why people say this, like, why was Britney herself more in control in 2016? She was also in conservatorship in 2016

4 hours ago, Louis_j said:

Original Doll wasn't dark at all. It was very fun and electro. It wasn't that different from ITZ. Some songs reminds me of Madonna's American Life album.

It's the songs she made after that, when she was pregnant and from 2006 on, that could have changed her career path . Songs like Rebellion, Let Go, All That She wants, Sugarfall,.. showed another side of her.

I also think the sound is very electro, very American Life, I think it was going to be part 2 of In The Zone.They stole a good concept from us and Britney's creative freedom.
I would have loved to see the Mona Lisa video.Too bad they didn't let her grow professionally or personally.

5 minutes ago, Needleney said:

I don't understand why people say this, like, why was Britney herself more in control in 2016? She was also in conservatorship in 2016

Do you think she had control in Glory? They gave her more freedom on a creative level because Britney Jean was criticized by fans and her father was also away from her in 2016.

11 minutes ago, Needleney said:

I say it because you can see a change in her demeanor around that time. She was looking great, more engaged in POM where she seemed like she was having a lot of fun and then all the glory promo was the best she’s seemed in a very long time. Definitely indicative of things going well in her personal life? Just my gut that the reigns were loosened up a bit 

Like @DignifiedLove said, she would have been taken more serious and be respected as an “Artist”.  Lady Gaga wasn’t respected as an Artist in her peak, but in the Joanne-a Star is born phase, she is more respected. Beyoncé reinvented herself one Beyoncé era and was taken more seriously as an artist. Rihanna with the anti album, critics took her seriously as a album artist. Ariana also reinvented herself from a “Cookie cutter pop girl with some bops and filler albums” to a critically acclaimed artist with a 83% rating from Sweetener and Thank you, next which were both the most critically acclaimed of 2018 and 2019. Ray of light had helped change the critics perspective towards Madonna and see how genius she can be with her music. So even the album would have been Britney’s transformation from “Manufactured pretty girl with a baby auto tuned voice” to a more serious artist. Blackout should had done that job, I mean it’s featured in the rock and hall fame museum, has 67% rating from overall reviews and was named as 5th best album of 2000s from New York Times. Same thing too for in the zone. But god knows why people keep forgetting about blackout and ITZ when they don’t take Britney seriously. Who knows, maybe even if OD were released, people would have still acted the same

1 hour ago, Itscuzim31 said:

I see her being able to explore her creative side with Original Doll and develop a new sound. Maybe the restructuring of her team and the people around her. If the divorce still happens in this alternative reality I see her coming back and making one more influential album and I say retirement around 2008/2009 after celebrating 10 years since BOMT to settle down and live a more stable life with her kids. 

I feel the complete stifling of her creativity was a HUGE catalyst to the breakdown and that could have been avoided if they gave her some breathing room. 

the million dollar question is... would have we been blessed with the Bible that is Blackout if Original Doll was released :ineedthetruth:

Yea even I do agree with this fact.

while she was doing circus tour I felt like she thought this was the end..Britney’s lyrics on rebellion and Mona Lisa show she was being controlled in every way..I remember reading that her team even used to pick her lip gloss and lingerie..I mean cmon 🤦🏻‍♂️ She might have though marriage was the only way to have freedom..That’s why she married someone like K-Fed only after 3 months of dating 🤷🏻‍♂️
But K-Fed turned out to be an *******..Plus the paparazzi..Her breakdown..And all this finally ending into a never ending conservatorship.

i think Britney wanted to stop at blackout...If her life weren’t so ****ed up by 2007.

she just wanted a family..Our girl has really simple dreams ❤️🥺

Her father definitely doesn’t want her to retire anytime..And plus she always says this..All that she does is for her kids

Her number one priority since 2006 are her kids and you can’t blame her for that..
And even if the conservatorship ends..I don’t feel Britney would release any music or even perform..Rather she would focus more on her boys..

Archived