Lana Del Rey is the most influential artist of the past decade

The moment I heard video games in 2011 I liked it immediately when she released born to die (mv) , I became kind of obsessed then 2 months later she was already everywhere and my friends would then listen to her music constantly but after BTD album I slowly lost interest in her even tho unltaviolence is dope . I can agree with that because she was gonna become the next big star , but unfortunately she doesn't have the vocal ability to shock me or others , her live performances are not as strong as her image and character , but for me personally Solange was the artist of the decade ......:martini:

• Love 1

Lana Del Rey is unquestionably the most influential female artist of the last decade.

Lorde, Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and countless others have tried to emulate her pop writing style, if not personality wise then sonically. Some may have even trumped her lyrically but that doesn't mean they are as visionary as she is. She is so completely underrated.

She definitely doesn't have the pop culture clout or business smarts that Taylor Swift has, nor has she challenged social conventions or been as consistent as someone like Beyonce but she has a singular sound all her own.

Also Norman F*$%ing Rockwell deserved to win Album of the Year.

black wendy williams GIF

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
On 4/11/2020 at 3:44 PM, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I’m not a big fan of her, but my god what a thread 👏 :tiffdrink: 

I think what her career missed is THAT song, that one huge song. It was Royals for Lorde and Bad Guy for Billie. Don’t Call Me Angel could have been that, but that didn’t work.

She's not a one song artist. She's a full record realness artist. 

I think Videogames and Born to die went to the mainstream as much as Bad Guy or Royals, but Lana didn't went for the same public, that's why you think they're not big enough. 

I disagree with you about that Don't Call Me Angel comment. It's like the worst song ever. And Lana is not going to have her "biggest hit" in a collab with Ariana (it's so basic).

• Love 1
On 4/19/2020 at 5:05 AM, glorytotheworld said:

Lana Del Rey is unquestionably the most influential female artist of the last decade.

Lorde, Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and countless others have tried to emulate her pop writing style, if not personality wise then sonically. Some may have even trumped her lyrically but that doesn't mean they are as visionary as she is. She is so completely underrated.

She definitely doesn't have the pop culture clout or business smarts that Taylor Swift has, nor has she challenged social conventions or been as consistent as someone like Beyonce but she has a singular sound all her own.

Also Norman F*$%ing Rockwell deserved to win Album of the Year.

black wendy williams GIF

What??? Billie Eilish biggest inspiration/idol is Avril not Lana

And NFR is boring

I like the fact Lana queens the particular sonority and identity she is going for. No one is doing it as good as her, in this pop / indie / folk / whatever style she introduced back in Born To Die. Because she is the only one that truly succeeded in doing what she tries to do, I wouldn't say she has been influential. The only time I've seen something going 'Lana' was Taylor with folklore (an unsuccessful try if you ask me). I do think most of her albums (except Honeymoon) were the album of the year for me the years they were released, her music is unique.

Off: NORMAN ******* ROCKWELL DESERVED THAT AOTY!

I lover he BTD era because almost all songs were unskippable. They also had melody and nice beats. The follow ups felt like spoken albums to me and I only picked very few tracks for my playlist.

She kind of redeemed herself in her latest effort especially Venice *****. This song hypnotises me in the best way.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block