Besides Britney, are there any other artists you stan?

DignifiedLove

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My taste probably doesn't fit this thread but here are my top 10 🤷🏽‍♂️

1) Janet Jackson

2) Frank Ocean

3) India.Arie

4) Sade

5) Bjork

6) Lana Del Rey

7) Prince

8) Dawn Richard

9) Qveen Herby

10) Loreen

I do appreciate some pop stars, I had to go with these because they influence or influenced my life quite a lot ❤️

Love reading all your choices though 

bjork GIF

21 minutes ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

My taste probably doesn't fit this thread but here are my top 10 🤷🏽‍♂️

1) Janet Jackson

2) Frank Ocean

3) India.Arie

4) Sade

5) Bjork

6) Lana Del Rey

7) Prince

8) Dawn Richard

9) Qveen Herby

10) Loreen

I do appreciate some pop stars, I had to go with these because they influence or influenced my life quite a lot ❤️

Love reading all your choices though 

bjork GIF

the flavor jumped out :walkoff: 

Sade, Lana, Janet, India.Arie, Prince - some of my all-time faves Ygap8Gt.gif 

Actual stanning other than Britney: Spice Girls & S Club 7.

As a kid I also stanned hard for Aqua & Vengaboys...and I guess Madonna for a spell.

These days, the only current artists whose albums I even preorder are Gorillaz & Tinashe. Everyone else I just cherry pick from the tracks I like - and that’s really just Ariana Grande & Lady Gaga. And Gaga is probably the only one I truly pay attention to as a whole beyond just the music. 

I have plenty of other artists whose music catalogues I love, but there’s no stan culture relationship...and they are all old school anyway - ABBA, Electric Light Orchestra, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons Project, Frank Sinatra, Stephen Sondheim, Tchaikovsky...

The only other person I would say that comes to close how hard I stan Britney is Selena, but I'm sure a lot of you already knew that. I used to be very into Prince, as in I was at his last show, I had all the albums, anything that had a love symbol on it, etc. Something happened in my life though that ended up affecting my love for him and it's just not the same for me anymore. :britstare11: I ended up selling pretty much everything Prince related I owned, except for a few things like the Love Symbol album and my copy of 3 Chains O' Gold. All of the other artists I listen to don't come close to Britney, but I love Mariah Carey, Falco, Backstreet Boys, Rina Sawayama, Miho Nakayama, and pretty much anything 80s. :) My favorite band of all time though is The Birthday Massacre, which I'm sure a lot of you have never heard of. They're a mix ofelectronica/rock/synth, and I know they sound emo, and they kind of are :gagasmile: but there's much more to them. I'm actually really sad, I was supposed to go see them April 2nd but they cancelled because of the virus. :crying4:

4 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

First of all, digging the new pfp :tiffdrink: you haven't changed it in like years right? :tiffdrink:

Secondly, here's my list

Stan: Britney Spears

Huge Fan: Katy Perry

Fan: Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jepsen, Harry Styles.

Like: Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, George Ezra, Niall Horan, Halsey, Selena Gomez, Gaga

You know for a Britney stan and Katy “huge fan” you sure promote Katy a lot on here :checkit:

Britney Spears, Marina, Dua Lipa, Panic! At the Disco, Charlie Puth, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Luke Bryan, Dermot Kennedy, Alvaro Soler, Rachel Platten. 

Britney is the only one I truly keep up with everything she does (or doesn’t do) and the rest are artists that I’ll watch their performances, follow on social media, and like generally their entire discography with a few exceptions but yeah :bedtime:

I don't like huge amount of artists but I like a lot of 80's, 90's and late 00's famous artist and bands like Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Olivia Newton John, Martika, Guns' N' Roses, Prince, Poison, Warrant, Avril Lavigne, Green Day, WASP, Skid Row

Some of todays artists like Lewis Capaldi and some others you probably never heard of: Dean Ray, Melanie Dyer

BUT  My "Obsession level" artists are other than Britney :unbelievableney: are

- Backstreet Boys ( Nick Carter a bit more )

- Michael Jackson 

-Tokio Hotel/Bill Kaulitz

I've had a Miley phase but that kind of died down. I've always been a casual Taylor Swift fan but after watching Miss Americana, she is definitely way up there for me now. Not quite like Britney, but I have been listening to her music nonstop for a couple of weeks, watching her music videos, etc. I think I'm starting to become a Taylor stan lol. I have so much respect for her as a person and artist. :yay:

I stan no one nearly as hard as I stan Britney... obviously :mhm:

After that I would say my next would be RiRi (I guess I have a thing for queens who like to forget they had a music career :ricackle:)

I love anything 90s/early 00s... *NSYNC, BSB, Spice Girls, Jewel, Destiny’s Child :duadance:

And of course the timeless legends Michael, Janet, Prince, Madonna, and Celine  :mjpopcorn: 

Archived