This Day in Pop: Britney Spears appears on Will & Grace episode "Buy, Buy Baby" in 2006 (March 30)

Love this show. Britney was hilarious. glad most her scenes were with Sean Hayes character Jack. 

The episode was actually the fourth most watched episode of their finale season, only behind the season premiere, a live episode and series finale. 

1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

The way we get to enjoy these every year now :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing: 

So iconic. 🙏 Thank you @PokemonSpears for making these anniversary posts!!

the cycle completed, well, almost :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

the original thread wasn't part of the "This Day in Pop", I had to edit the OP, but yeah, we're getting close to my first threads of this series. There's still more events that don't have a thread yet, because they weren't on the calendar last year, so I still have work to do :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Between this episode, The Madonna episode and the Janet Jackson episode,  those are the 3 best episodes..

Britney playing a lipstick lesbian ( a more feminine version, than the usual version that everybody knows and can tell), Madonna playing a women in the Music business,  selling ladies of the 80s and other 80s and 90s hits, talks about herself a lot, even the iconic extended scene when she meets Jack ( where Jack tells her as a gay man I'm oddly drawn to you, to which she replied,  I get that a lot, implying her iconic status in the gay community) to fighting with Karen (it was genius to put these two together,  since both of them don't really know how to be common folk) over men, to her usual she's pissed you have to leave, I hate you now. So, yeah Liz was more Madonna than a fictional character,  but most of Madonna's screen characters are always turned to something about her real life..

Janet again teaming her with Jack was just iconic, and the diss at the end to the Jackson 5 when she fired both auditioned saying after Michael left, 5 wasn't such a magical number.

She also said, No booty popping or shaking, I'm trying not to be a strip show or ***ual now, they'll hold that against me as well, alluding to what happened in February of the same year this episode aired..

• 11 months later...