Any hypochondriacs on Exhale?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, that must be scary. Just know you're doing the best thing possible by keeping yourself at home and away from others. In the long-run, 2 weeks isn't that long. Years from now, we'll be thinking how crazy this all was and we'll remember it forever. Just keep positive spirits and 'treat yoself' at home.

I'm not a hypochondriac, but COVID-19 is making me one, so I know how you feel about being super worried about getting it.

Just now, Urbanney said:

I'm sorry, that must be scary. Just know you're doing the best thing possible by keeping yourself at home and away from others. In the long-run, 2 weeks isn't that long. Years from now, we'll be thinking how crazy this all was and we'll remember it forever. Just keep positive spirits and 'treat yoself' at home.

I'm not a hypochondriac, but COVID-19 is making me one, so I know how you feel about being super worried about getting it.

Aww thank you! :hugs: Yeah, these are scary times, and also weird.. But yeah, I have to believe that we will make it through :otears:

I am, and right now I'm going with a psychologist to treat that because as soon as I get sick about something I start thinking the worst and my family has tried to help me but the only way I can regain calm is by visiting the doctor and make sure I got nothing. So my advice to you is to avoid searching on internet about diseases, visit the doctor and get a session with a psychologist, it will help you a lot.

5 hours ago, Sinned_88 said:

Is this the correct forum? Idek... :pensiveney:

Yesterday, I flew back home from Madrid and now I'm really scared that I caught the corona virus. I'm a hypochondriac and for years I was scared about contracting HIV. :crying1:

I keep googeling to reassure myself, but it just backfires. I know I shouldn't google stuff, but still. :kyliecry:

The next few weeks will be torture. The idea of having to sit at home for two weeks terrifies me. I need the distraction of going to work, the gym, my family and friends etc. :wontcry:

I try to distract myself by watching TV or checking Exhale, but it doensn't work. All I can think about is that stupid virus and I keep thinking about how I should've just stayed at home instead of going on a city trip :otears:

Thoughts? :(

omg u r from madrid

3 hours ago, warioaddams said:

I am, and right now I'm going with a psychologist to treat that because as soon as I get sick about something I start thinking the worst and my family has tried to help me but the only way I can regain calm is by visiting the doctor and make sure I got nothing. So my advice to you is to avoid searching on internet about diseases, visit the doctor and get a session with a psychologist, it will help you a lot.

I'm already seeing a psychologist for my hypochondria. Getting tested for corona is difficult in my country (the Netherlands). You can only get tested if you have serious symotoms (fever, difficulty breathing, etc.). I just hope I'll get through the next two weeks without symptoms and then I'll be extra careful. I try to limit myself from googeling.

1 hour ago, Theo04t said:

omg u r from madrid

No, I'm from the Netherlands, but I went to Madrid for a couple of days. I booked my ticket a month ago and then **** went down in Italy. I checked the site from our government every day to see what the traveling advise for Spain was and it said it was safe to go there. But on the second day I was there, all hell broke loose and now I really regret that I went there. :otears:

i have chronic health disabilities and OCD, which sounds like it would be the same an hypochondria but its kind of totally different. i don't have fears or ruminations over getting a disease or anything, i fixate like CRAZY on my health issues though and can't ignore them so if i feel bad it like amplifies. even if it's different i relate tho!

Archived