Any hypochondriacs on Exhale?

Is this the correct forum? Idek... :pensiveney:

Yesterday, I flew back home from Madrid and now I'm really scared that I caught the corona virus. I'm a hypochondriac and for years I was scared about contracting HIV. :crying1:

I keep googeling to reassure myself, but it just backfires. I know I shouldn't google stuff, but still. :kyliecry:

The next few weeks will be torture. The idea of having to sit at home for two weeks terrifies me. I need the distraction of going to work, the gym, my family and friends etc. :wontcry:

I try to distract myself by watching TV or checking Exhale, but it doensn't work. All I can think about is that stupid virus and I keep thinking about how I should've just stayed at home instead of going on a city trip :otears:

Thoughts? :(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's correct, and even if it isn't, I gotchu boo. ❤

I'm not sure if i am but I am slightly worried cause I also came back last week from a trip but not overseas. I'm just paranoid. Well, maybe not really but I am scared... a little. Have you googled the... i forgot what you call it. The something phase. Like, for how long before the symptoms start? Just do the math from the time you got back home. If it's passed that period and you're still good, then you're good. Am I making sense? Sorry. :embarrassney:

I think if you're really scared, being at home is the best course of action. Best for you, for your family and friends, and for other people. Your Exhale fam is here for you. ❤ I can't believe you're itching to go out, I'm actually living for this. :haha: I could really use the down time. I'm scared to go out and buy groceries or whatever tho. Days ago I only bought snacks like cookies and gummies. But I did that yesterday too cause it just hit me and I got super scared I bought stuff that'll last for 2 months. :yesokay:

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

It's correct, and even if it isn't, I gotchu boo. ❤

I'm not sure if i am but I am slightly worried cause I also came back last week from a trip but not overseas. I'm just paranoid. Well, maybe not really but I am scared... a little. Have you googled the... i forgot what you call it. The something phase. Like, for how long before the symptoms start? Just do the math from the time you got back home. If it's passed that period and you're still good, then you're good. Am I making sense? Sorry. :embarrassney:

I think if you're really scared, being at home is the best course of action. Best for you, for your family and friends, and for other people. Your Exhale fam is here for you. ❤ I can't believe you're itching to go out, I'm actually living for this. :haha: I could really use the down time. I'm scared to go out and buy groceries or whatever tho. Days ago I only bought snacks like cookies and gummies. But I did that yesterday too cause it just hit me and I got super scared I bought stuff that'll last for 2 months. :yesokay:

Awww thanks! :hugs: The majority of the people that get infected show symptoms after 4-6 days, but it can take up to 14 days and in rare cases even longer (part of being a hypochondriac is knowing your facts :endit:). But another part of being a hypochondriac is believing that the worst case scenario applies to you. 

18 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Also, check yourself in the mirror. If your body looks so sick, then you caught the flu. :barbie:

Omg, you crack me up :haha:

I really should learn not to take my thoughts so seriously, it'll help me reduce my anxiety. I'm working on it, but it's hard. :mhm:

28 minutes ago, HardToForgetYa said:

I am hypochondriac, so i know how you feel... all i know is that this virus "dies" with warm temperatures so if you think you cought this virus you should drink hot tea, try some warm soups and you'll be fine! :hugs:

Thanks :hugs: I bought fresh ginger yesterday to make tea. I'm always looking after my health, trying to eat healthy, getting enough exercise and sleep. It helps.

15 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

Awww thanks! :hugs: The majority of the people that get infected show symptoms after 4-6 days, but it can take up to 14 days and in rare cases even longer (part of being a hypochondriac is knowing your facts :endit:). But another part of being a hypochondriac is believing that the worst case scenario applies to you. 

I'm literally listening to Overprotected as I'm reading this. You will (and you did) find out, don't worry. You just gotta do it your way! So is it passed 14 days? Wait... were you h0eing it up in Madrid? :idkney:

19 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

Omg, you crack me up :haha:

I really should learn not to take my thoughts so seriously, it'll help me reduce my anxiety. I'm working on it, but it's hard. :mhm:

I know it's a struggle. Call somebody. A friend. Family. Videochat people to reduce your anxiety. Follow Maluma and Noah Centineo on Instagram. Haha! We're here for you. ❤

@HardToForgetYa sis, what do we do to reduce anxiety. How can we help this bish.  :barbie:

26 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I'm literally listening to Overprotected as I'm reading this. You will (and you did) find out, don't worry. You just gotta do it your way! So is it passed 14 days? Wait... were you h0eing it up in Madrid? :idkney:

Omg, no, I was not h0eing it up! I went there with my sister :haha:

Spoiler

I did install Tinder tho. And last year, a few months after my ex broke up with me, I went to Barcelona and hooked up with a guy :gelis:

22 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I know it's a struggle. Call somebody. A friend. Family. Videochat people to reduce your anxiety. Follow Maluma and Noah Centineo on Instagram. Haha! We're here for you. ❤

@HardToForgetYa sis, what do we do to reduce anxiety. How can we help this bish.  :barbie:

I just talked to my mom on the phone for over an hour. She was like: "What are you stressing about?". It helped. :haha:

6 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

Omg, no, I was not h0eing it up! I went there with my sister :haha:

Hide contents

I did install Tinder tho. And last year, a few months after my ex broke up with me, I went to Barcelona and hooked up with a guy :gelis:

Like, a real h0e. Nicely done. :mhm: Wait, are you spanish?

Archived