How does the Whitney Houston hologram make you feel?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wew. I watched the whole thing. It's creepy because it's so crazy good and so lifelike. The movements, every gesture and nuance looks so real. It's crazy. Even her runs match the hologram's mouth to a T. This must've cost millions. It looks so crazy. :lostney:

Is this a taste of what will happen to our fave in the future? I can't even. :embarrassney:

Honestly I think the holograms are pretty cool and I would totally go, however, i feel like this doesnt 100% look like her. There were several times I wonder if they were using someone elses body thats similar in height and weight with her face edited over. Something about the body gestures and everything just dossnt quite feel like Whitney to me and I dont think it completely looks like her either.

Edit: reading the comments it seens like a lot of her fans are noticing the body movements and mannerisms dont resemble Whitneys and one thing a lot of people mentioned that I forgot to was how far away the hologram is holding the mic... Whitney always had that mic up close... def not her body being used.

32 minutes ago, GodneyLovin said:

Honestly I think the holograms are pretty cool and I would totally go, however, i feel like this doesnt 100% look like her. There were several times I wonder if they were using someone elses body thats similar in height and weight with her face edited over. Something about the body gestures and everything just dossnt quite feel like Whitney to me and I dont think it completely looks like her either.

Edit: reading the comments it seens like a lot of her fans are noticing the body movements and mannerisms dont resemble Whitneys and one thing a lot of people mentioned that I forgot to was how far away the hologram is holding the mic... Whitney always had that mic up close... def not her body being used.

Of course it's not her body and of course they probably used someone who has a similar height and body. Because how can they use hers when she's dead? :whitney:

I'm not on board with this. It's just taking a legacy who is sadly not with us anymore and making her image into a spectacle and I just don't feel comfortable with it at all. The mannerisms are fake, the voice is fake, the facial expressions are fake, the movements are fake... It's just, no.

8 hours ago, GodneyLovin said:

The point is to create a new experience for the fans - even if its not her and its fake (because everyone knows it's fake and that it's not her and she's dead). Otherwise, fans can just watch these "footages she filmed in the past" on Youtube. Right? :uknowit: Why would you want to go see Britney performing Overprotected from the Onyx Hotel Tour recreated as a hologram with the same moves and different clothes and hair, when you can just watch it at home for free.

You even said it's cool and you want to go. Because it's new. :comingthru:

My fellings about holograms are really mixed.
It is a bit weird and creepy, but if I have to answer the question if I would attend such concert of my fav artist, I can't say 100% NO. Probably I would attend. 

And I think it's just testing new technologies thing, I'm sure the holograms will be more useful for very next generations, who will know artists like Whitney only from legends and encyclopedia. They will treat holograms like another entertainment, and kind of curiosity. Like, "100 years ago Britney Spears was a thing, wanna see her performing?". Like an animal in a zoo. Like a exhibit in a muzeum. 

EDIT I'm just watching the video, how the hell "she" can sing with the microphone so far away from her mouth?? It looks so weird :gross:

to me it's kinda cool but it's also weird. The animation looks awesome and realistic but it doesn't look like Whitney. The whole things feels so empty. They could do something like that in form of a recorded concert and make it look pretty cool with editing and **** but seeing it face to face feel is a bit sad, they could have tried to use some unreleased vocal takes or something unheard to make it more attractive for fans but I think they didn't, i'm not sure though...

8 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Of course it's not her body and of course they probably used someone who has a similar height and body. Because how can they use hers when she's dead? :whitney:

I think today it’s very easy, look at the Instagram filters, without any big technology they can change our face and put lashes, eyebrows, lipstick, hair... I think they someone with a similar body to Whitney do all the dance and movements with a green cloth on the head and then they merge with Whitney’s face. I truly believe that it’s what the future looks like for the b-army. The Britney Zone is only the begging.. 

Has anyone saw The Congress with Robin Wright?? It’s very britneysh 

3 minutes ago, rodrigobjs said:

I think they someone with a similar body to Whitney do all the dance and movements with a green cloth on the head and then they merge with Whitney’s face.

Absolutely. Very that. :mhm:

4 minutes ago, rodrigobjs said:

I truly believe that it’s what the future looks like for the b-army. The Britney Zone is only the begging.. 

I'm scared... cause i feel it too. :embarrassney:

Archived