Recommend A Good LGBTQ+ Movie

Born2Die

It's hard to find decent LGBTQ+ films in general, but I thought this thread would be a good way for us to recommend films and discuss them. I'll start- "Call Me By Your Name", "Geography Club" and "The Thing About Harry".

Call Me By Your Name

Geography Club

The Thing About Harry

6D5E41D0-CAD6-4388-BD09-62BB94AFF819.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, RealLarryRudolph said:

Crossroads pole fail GIF

This legit happened to my friend. She knows she is a hot hot girl and she brought back a group of hot men to her apartment (we were all at a club) and she started to dance and this happened. I laughed soooo hard- she was mad at me. :tifflmao:

But also add to the topic or else you can...Image result for mariah get the **** out gif

• Haha 4
  • Like 2

hmm there are some LGBT classics that I rember have watched.. these are not very new but still  represents a lot of our legacy as LGBT+ community

The kids are alright 

Of course MILK

Normal Heart

Carol

Wilde: Jude Law as a sugar baby in a mid XX century forbidden love...

These two below are from recent years 

Pain and Glory

Moonlight

Let me see if I may remember other more indie and new films... 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

What a great topic 👏 

Does Glitter count? :demi:

No. :letitburn: I ligit could not even finish that movie. It’s fun but it so bad.   :juggingu:

I recommend Latter Days, it was my first gay film. It’s about a Mormon boy who falls for a flashy gay guy and how they really make a great couple even though they’re from two completely different worlds. It’s a good watch. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Aizmov said:

Boy Erased.

If you haven't seen this one, it is a must.

Maybe because it relates to me, but I do believe that parents of LGBTQ kids need to watch this movie to know how hard things like these would affect their children

MV5BNzM2MzU1NTM4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTMw

Omg this movie is so good and sad! I come from a very religious family and when I came out it was not accepted in my family and still isn't. It's not to be spoken about. I don't want to spoil this film for anyone but his mother in the end was so special! 

• 2 weeks later...

Pride. A British movie about the origin of the gay pride and also incorporates HIV/aids. I saw the movie twice in high school as a documentary. It's really good.

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN:

Only watched it once and I have it on DVD. The movie was soooo good I haven't found the strength to watch it again. It is one of the BEST movies I have ever seen. It left me heartbroken and I couldn't sleep at night which I never had before...the open ending as to what happened to one of the lead actors really messed me up. At first I HATED the open ending but somehow it makes the movie just BRILIANT as you are free to believe what happened to him.

when Jake Gylenhaal takes his lover's vest at the end and finds something...ugh even by just writing this, makes me wanna cry!!!!!

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...

CMBYN is literally my favorite movie of all time :katycry: Also, Moonlight is incredible and a favorite too.

My recommendation is Beach Rats. It was streaming on Hulu when I watched it. I think it’ll be hit or miss, as some people might just not “get” the movie. If you liked CMBYN and Moonlight, I think you’ll like it. It’s very atmospheric, introspective, creative, and visually gorgeous, similar to how these movies are. It also covers some LGBTQ situations that aren’t really talked about, but that I related to, which made it feel more personal and private to me. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block