Katy Perry - Blow Your Love

Jordan Miller

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she really needs to pull it out of the bag then and this song better be amazing. I liked never really over for a week or two but got bored of it really quickly and ST and HIH were both so boring and generic. witness was a rubbish album too. give her a due though I saw her  on the witness tour in 2018 and she was amazing but she desperately needs a really catchy song that'll stick. I really think its make or break now for her 

• Leader
22 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

she really needs to pull it out of the bag then and this song better be amazing. I liked never really over for a week or two but got bored of it really quickly and ST and HIH were both so boring and generic. witness was a rubbish album too. give her a due though I saw her  on the witness tour in 2018 and she was amazing but she desperately needs a really catchy song that'll stick. I really think its make or break now for her 

It's crazy how successful she was before, and now the GP pays her dust. I'm glad she's making music because she likes it versus chart chasing :overitkbye:

I loved "Never Really Over"; it might actually be one of my favourite songs of 2019... "Small Talk" wasn't as good, however, though I don't hate it as much as many others do. "Harleys In Hawaii" was received pretty well by most people, but I find it very boring. The quality of her latest singles has been consistently dropping and I really hope the next one won't continue this trend. It seems as if Katy is trying to regain her mainstream success and popularity by making simple pop music again, but I have a theory as to why it's not working:

• The Witness era, with its poor single choices, significantly damaged her career.
  • "Never Really Over" was produced by Zedd and you can hear it (e.g. the ticking clock). Zedd's production got pretty stale back around when "The Middle" was released and dominated radio, so I wouldn't be surprised if "NRO" wasn't that big of a hit because people were tired of the sound. Because of this, the other two singles underperformed because the first didn't leave a lasting / good impression.

I find it very interesting how, back during the PRISM era, Katy was one of the world's biggest pop stars, with huge and iconic hits and albums, and then, after Witness, she just... wasn't. She stopped being relevant. She's no longer as big as she used to be and I doubt she'll ever be. Kind of sad if you think about it... :mhmnod:

It saddens me that she was so big and just like that, she isn't anymore. I mean, it's not even a decline for her. It was a steep drop. It's literally 100 to 0. I absolutely loved NRO and it was track 1 on my driving playlist in 2019 because it gets me in a good mood. I think she's not sticking because every popstar isn't anymore. Pop is dead. I think even Gaga will flop too if she didn't have the success from ASIB. With the xception of Taylor Swift but she is suffering from a decline but isn't as bad as like Katy's though. Ariana is from a different generation so she doesn't count. But i think pop stars of the late 2000s - early 2010s are all flopping anyway so yeah. Happy for her that she isn't chasing the charts anymore. 💕 I'm sure i'll have this new song on repeat for days because any song with the word BLOW in it - i love. 🙈

A KatyCat friend of mine DMed Katy on Instagram asking her if she’s releasing anything on Feb 14th and SHE ACTUALLY RESPONDED with a simple “no”. I know it doesn’t seem believable  and I would provide Screen Recirding proof but it was a story and it vanished after 24hrs but it actually happened. 

Doesnt have my hopes down though, because she had denied to a fan that she wasn’t on any remix of Con Calma and that was released a week later...

12 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

A KatyCat friend of mine DMed Katy on Instagram asking her if she’s releasing anything on Feb 14th and SHE ACTUALLY RESPONDED with a simple “no”. I know it doesn’t seem believable  and I would provide Screen Recirding proof but it was a story and it vanished after 24hrs but it actually happened. 

Doesnt have my hopes down though, because she had denied to a fan that she wasn’t on any remix of Con Calma and that was released a week later...

I wonder what it would be like to have Britney respond to my DMs or tweets or tags. :bthink: 

It must be great being an Arianator cause I see Ari tweet a lot and she responds to her fans and the way she talks to them is just like how a bff would. :hairflip:

Archived