Jessica Simpson mentions Britney Spears, drags Christina Aguilera in 'Open Book'

2 hours ago, F r e e Brit said:

Stuff about Britney soaring the charts by making use of scandals and her sexuality rather than talent. She’s mocked her voice on the show Newlyweds and has made lip syncing comments as well. Mind you, this was at the height of their careers (circa 00s). I’m sure a search on YT will find receipts. 

I always thought she was the only one who wasnt bitter about Britneys success :girlwhat: and the fact Britney defended her more than once even makes it worse 

Ill try to search for this, thanks for enlighting me. 

• Super Mods
14 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Can someone say here all the times she mentions Britney please? Im too lazy to hear the whole thing tbh :xcuseme:

I’m trying, she only mentions Britney when it comes to people trying to make her like Britney but in terms of talking about Britney the person, she only had nice things to say. She’s not sugar coating it either as she talked about how she bonded with Beyoncé (when they did Disney grad nights, apparently you could have destiny’s child and Jessica Simpson perform for your grad night?wtf?) as both of them shares similar lives, growing up supporting the family and being southern girls. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

It’s really interesting hearing Jessica’s encounters and observations of Britney from her perspective. Especially when it was a kick in the teeth to her that Jive weren’t interested because they’d just signed Britney - little did Jessica know that Brit herself had just been rejected by many several major record labels. It’s a good life lesson actually about how although it may seem like everyone else is sailing through life perfectly but you, they also going through their own personal triumphs and struggles.

I’m pretty sure they talked about it. I think she just took it harder because it mirrored the mmc audition where Britney came out of nowhere and nailed her audition thus taking what would have been her spot. I don’t think she hold hard feelings for Britney, there’s a slight laugh or giggle when she imitated Britney’s “yes sir” as if she finds it adorable. I think she knows Britney is a pure soul just like her. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, F r e e Brit said:

Went into this skeptical as Jessica hasn't always had the nicest things to say about Brit. Nice to hear she went the sweet route. I know Britney's praised Jessica as a vocalist several times in past.

Image result for britney spears jessica simpson"

Happy nostalgia, ya'll. 

God, this threw me back. I miss the 2000s sometimes. What a time.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

No, it’s Christina. She said “Britney is the nicest girl but Christina shouldn’t need to clear the hallway just so she can walk through” that was a foot in the mouth moment for her as she was way too honest. It was her response to the reporter who said both girls had admitted to not handling fame very well.

I thought she meant Britney did that... 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

I thought she meant Britney did that... 

Yeah it was definitely Christina. It seemed she was more threatened by Christina than Britney since everyone even her knows how insanely talented she is. So it seems Xtina knows she’s the **** so I could see that behavior. If she played that **** with the MARY J BLIGE then what Jessica said is believable lol

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

The book is actually a really good listen... I like it and am kinda addicted.  

I know! I thought I was just gonna hear the Britney stuff and go on with my life but here I still listening to it. I love how honest she is and she wasn’t trying to paint herself in any way and it’s basically just a recollection of her life. It also helps give a slight insight into what Britney might have felt since it seems all these popstars all suffered self esteem issues due to money hungry execs. She’s a great storyteller and I can definitely see Britney’s mysterious book being like this. Honest, straight to the point, reflective while not dwelling on sorrows. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
18 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

John was her karma for getting caught up in fame 

When she said that he basically used her to fuel his songwriting, it sounds like something Justin would do (I mean didn’t he wrote Gone when she supposedly just left to get her nails done and he imagined her leaving him?) it’s funny when she talked about how hurt and betrayed she felt for being manipulated and used for his “art”. I could totally imagine Britney talking about Justin in the same way. Explains why he keeps bringing Britney up because just like John Mayer said to Jessica, all the other girls don’t mean much to him compared to her so it helps spark his creativity. Makes me think these guys party with each other exchanging their list of who they banged, ugh

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

When she said that he basically used her to fuel his songwriting, it sounds like something Justin would do (I mean didn’t he wrote Gone when she supposedly just left to get her nails done and he imagined her leaving him?) it’s funny when she talked about how hurt and betrayed she felt for being manipulated and used for his “art”. I could totally imagine Britney talking about Justin in the same way. Explains why he keeps bringing Britney up because just like John Mayer said to Jessica, all the other girls don’t mean much to him compared to her so it helps spark his creativity. Makes me think these guys party with each other exchanging their list of who they banged, ugh

She also acknowledged that he was sleeping with her and Katy Perry at the same time lol

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

She also acknowledged that he was sleeping with her and Katy Perry at the same time lol

Oh I didn’t caught that! I know I heard Jessica say “but wait, you dated other girls, you didn’t write a song about them?”

• Love 1
  • Like 1