Jessica Simpson mentions Britney Spears, drags Christina Aguilera in 'Open Book'

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Wow, she recorded herself reading for eleven an a half hours... That's commitment.

I’m sure the recording sessions were spread out. Sometimes it sounded like she was about to cry so I’m pretty sure they didn’t do it all at once lol

• Love 2

I've listened about 2h :wow: already never thought before I would do that for Jessica, but she's quite good storyteller.
When U can proceede with your alkoholism for long period of time, cuz folks think you're airhead :dead: 

meanwile she's kind of a genious with unusuall ways of thinking :coffee:

• Like 3

** Edited OP to make spelling corrections etc ☺️

I’m reading Open Book also. So far so good. When she writes about Britney or even Britney & Xtina, my only issue I have is that I don’t like that Jessica has said (at least twice) how Britney “took her spot” when she was selected to join The New Mickey Mouse Club over her. Then later as Jessica is shopping for a record label to sign her she meets with execs who tell her they just signed someone like her with a similar background and look which is Britney, then RCA exec told her they’d just signed Xtina. And Jessica is like these girls again? I understand her frustration but that’s just show business. 

They got signed and released music before Jessica but that’s not Britney or Xtina’s fault. Jessica herself says her first album took so long to be released because Tommy Mottola himself *was (*edit- I wrote wasn’t but meant was) overseeing it and he was very meticulous with each and every song selected for her album. He’d told her to drop 10-15 lbs (basically become anorexic) so that kept her busy as she waited for Tommy’s approval of her tracks. If she was ever bothered about her debut album being released third then blame Tommy Mottola for dragging things along.

Can’t forget that Britney dropped BOMT first and after all the labels saw her success of course Xtina’s RCA & Jessica’s Columbia labels would want to try to have their blonde pop singers duplicate Britney’s success for them so they can make millions like Jive did off of Britney. Every label wanted their own Britney back then. That’s just the entertainment  busine$$. 🤷‍♀️ 

Maybe Jessica didn’t mean it as badly as she says it. But Britney did not “take her spot” on MMC. She admits Matt Casella, the casting guy, told her it’s not 100% that she’s in but her chances were good. He likely said that to everyone lol.😆  Truth is Britney & Xtina nailed their auditions while Jessica literally froze, forgot her dance routine, didn’t remember the lyrics, allowed Xtina’s audition performance to intimidate her and so that’s why Jessica bombed and didn’t make the cut. Britney & Xtina earned their spot on MMC. They didn’t “take” anything from Jessica. So far it sounds like Jessica had a lot of insecurities from that start that this business exacerbated and she didn’t know how to handle it and she was so young too. This is very common. But nobody took her MMC spot or took away her being signed to a label earlier. She was trying to make Christian music in the beginning. When that didn’t work then she and her dad went the pop route. Good auditions and good timing is why Britney & Xtina succeeded ahead of Jessica.

Lastly OMG what a ********* Justin Timberlake is. He’s been an arrogant ******* his entire life. His mom sounds like she’s partly to blame for that at least when he was a child. Ugh.🙄

• Love 1
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, generation glory said:

I’m reading Open Book also. So far so good. When she writes about Britney or even Britney & Xtina, my only issue I have is that I don’t like that Jessica has said (at least twice) how Britney “took her spot” when she was selected to join The New Mickey Mouse Club over her. Then later as Jessica is shopping for a record label to sign her she meets with execs who tell her they just signed someone like her with a similar background and look which is Britney, then RCA exec told her they’d just signed Xtina. And Jessica is like these girls again? I understand her frustration but that’s just show business. 

They got signed and released music before Jessica but that’s not Britney or Xtina’s fault. Jessica herself says her first album took so long to be released because Tommy Mottola himself wasn’t overseeing it and her was very meticulous with each and every song selected for her album. He’d told her to drop 10-15 lbs (basically become anorexic) so that kept her busy as she waited for Tommy’s approval of her tracks. If she was ever bothered about her debut album being released third then blame Tommy Mottola for dragging things along. Can’t forget that Britney dropped BOMT first and after the labels saw her success of course Xtina’s RCA & Jessica’s Columbia labels would want to try to have their blonde pop singers duplicate Britney’s success for them so they can make millions like Jive dis off of Britney. Every label wanted their own Britney back then. That’s just business.

Maybe Jessica didn’t mean it as badly as she says it. But Britney did not take her spot on MMC. She admits Matt Casella, the casting guy, told her it’s not 100% that she’s in but her chances were good. He likely said that to everyone. Truth is Britney & Xtina nailed their auditions while Jessica literally froze, forgot her dance routine, lyrics, allowed Xtina’s performance to intimidate her and so Jessica bombed. Britney earned her spot on MMC. She didn’t “take” anything from Jessica. Neither did Xtina. So far it sounds like Jessica had a lot of insecurities from that start that this business exacerbated and she didn’t know how to handle it and she was so young too. This is very common. But nobody took her MMC spot or took away her being signed. Good auditions and good timing is why Britney & Xtina succeeded ahead of Jessica.

Lastly OMG what a ********* Justin Timberlake is. He’s been an arrogant ******* his entire life. His mom sounds like she’s partly to blame for that at least when he was a child. Ugh.🙄

Listening to the audiobook, you can hear the irritation in her voice when she talks about Britney lol

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I love Jessica (not as much as Britney, but you know) and I bought the signed copy of her book :clap:

I'm glad she only has nice things to say about Britney the person. Britney was always super down to earth even when she was the biggest star in the world and all these other girls basically copied her (Xtina, Jessica, Mandy, Willa)

• Love 1
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I’m sure the recording sessions were spread out. Sometimes it sounded like she was about to cry so I’m pretty sure they didn’t do it all at once lol

Of course! She still was actually reading for almost half a day... Jessica Simpson, reading... for half a day. I repeat: that's commitment.

5 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I think she said it was recorded over a period of 5 days

Almost two and a half hours of reading out loud per day! With no recorded mistakes. I think that's laudable.

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, generation glory said:

** Edited OP to make spelling corrections etc ☺️

They got signed and released music before Jessica but that’s not Britney or Xtina’s fault. Jessica herself says her first album took so long to be released because Tommy Mottola himself *was (*edit- I wrote wasn’t but meant was) overseeing it and he was very meticulous with each and every song selected for her album. He’d told her to drop 10-15 lbs (basically become anorexic) so that kept her busy as she waited for Tommy’s approval of her tracks. If she was ever bothered about her debut album being released third then blame Tommy Mottola for dragging things along.

Can’t forget that Britney dropped BOMT first and after all the labels saw her success of course Xtina’s RCA & Jessica’s Columbia labels would want to try to have their blonde pop singers duplicate Britney’s success for them so they can make millions like Jive did off of Britney. Every label wanted their own Britney back then. That’s just the entertainment  busine$$. 🤷‍♀️ 

Maybe Jessica didn’t mean it as badly as she says it. But Britney did not “take her spot” on MMC. She admits Matt Casella, the casting guy, told her it’s not 100% that she’s in but her chances were good. He likely said that to everyone lol.😆  Truth is Britney & Xtina nailed their auditions while Jessica literally froze, forgot her dance routine, didn’t remember the lyrics, allowed Xtina’s audition performance to intimidate her and so that’s why Jessica bombed and didn’t make the cut. Britney & Xtina earned their spot on MMC. They didn’t “take” anything from Jessica. So far it sounds like Jessica had a lot of insecurities from that start that this business exacerbated and she didn’t know how to handle it and she was so young too. This is very common. But nobody took her MMC spot or took away her being signed to a label earlier. She was trying to make Christian music in the beginning. When that didn’t work then she and her dad went the pop route. Good auditions and good timing is why Britney & Xtina succeeded ahead of Jessica.

We know she doesn’t hate Britney truly but it’s only natural she feels resentment. I’m sure Britney too has felt that way at the time since all these girls were more vocally talented than she is. 

yeah I was annoyed at how she would “blame” Britney but it’s a natural human emotion. If tables have been flipped Britney would feel the same. Most of these girls have a better voice than her and I’m sure she too probably feels a little envious of their gift since she was born with the “ugly” voice that the labels don’t like so she has to disguise it unlike other popstars that can just come in and belt out with their natural voice. She’s talked about how she wishes she has a better voice. I like that Jessica is honest with it but it seems she’s mature enough to know that it’s not Britney’s fault because she says “I couldn’t help but think...” so put yourself in her shoes, you would naturally want to feel that even if you know it’s wrong to think that. I’ve been in that situation many times only to laugh about it later with that person while we exchange the stupid things we resented so I would like to think Britney and her had that kind of talk.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 2/4/2020 at 10:09 PM, puppylo16 said:

I’m trying, she only mentions Britney when it comes to people trying to make her like Britney but in terms of talking about Britney the person, she only had nice things to say. She’s not sugar coating it either as she talked about how she bonded with Beyoncé (when they did Disney grad nights, apparently you could have destiny’s child and Jessica Simpson perform for your grad night?wtf?) as both of them shares similar lives, growing up supporting the family and being southern girls. 

Thanks! Bonded with Beyonce lol i bet Beyonce doesnt even know who she is anymore lol 

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Thanks! Bonded with Beyonce lol i bet Beyonce doesnt even know who she is anymore lol 

Haha that’s funny but I’m sure she still remembers. It’s satisfying to hear her describe Justin. She didn’t shade him, she saved that for John Mayer, but when she was talking about how she arrived to Orlando for the MMC audition and Disney had held a pool party for all the kids, she said there’s a boy already trying to impress by doing flips into the pool and stuff, he walked over with such self awareness and introduced himself as Justin. What a tool

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Haha that’s funny but I’m sure she still remembers. It’s satisfying to hear her describe Justin. She didn’t shade him, she saved that for John Mayer, but when she was talking about how she arrived to Orlando for the MMC audition and Disney had held a pool party for all the kids, she said there’s a boy already trying to impress by doing flips into the pool and stuff, he walked over with such self awareness and introduced himself as Justin. What a tool

Does Beyonce ever bond with anyone? I remember she was going out with Taylor when Taylor was the main it girl... Then she was hanging out with Adele who made it clear they arent friends (even tho Adele worships her). I think she just hangs out with people that are more relevant than her but i dont think she seems friends with all these people who she hangs out with or who worships her 

So he didnt have a crush on Britney from the start? Thats interesting. Or did he met Jessica first? 

Justin is such a **** tbh and always has been. Im glad i dont have to see his overrated and annoying *** all the time anymore. I hope the superbowl backlash, his album flopping and the (kinda) cheating scandal made him less arrogant but I doubt it. 

His mom probably licked his *** 24/7 and maybe thats why hes like that. Same with Juno Lynn that was already so obnoxious as a kid saying she sang better than Britney and everyone just kept laughing thinking it was funny. Look at her now, so f**king unlikeable, cocky and arrogant.