Jessica Simpson mentions Britney Spears, drags Christina Aguilera in 'Open Book'

On 2/7/2020 at 5:27 PM, puppylo16 said:

Very true, Beyonce is out of touch. 

That was the only time they talked, his mom and her mom bonded again the pool party. His mom sounds like the definition of a stage mom, she talked about all of Justin’s achievements but from what Jessica describes, still came off nice because their family felt awkward and couldn’t get along with other parents. that’s where they found out about the headshots because Justin’s mom mentioned headshot and they only had a Polaroid if Jessica. Somehow they got access to a photographer and had left to quickly get her pro headshot taken. 

Ryan Gossling was there too and she was more smitten with him (you can tell cuz her voice became softer) that’s where they had made a bet who was gonna kiss her. I heard that Ryan had a crush on Britney but that Britney had chosen Justin because he had more “swagger” I think she had met JC too? Not sure but she talked about one of the male cast mates talking to her. 

I don’t think he’ll ever grow up. He’s a mama’s boy to me and one interesting thing I noticed when I rewatched Chaotic and she was talking about him and when she mentions the  “you know it’s cool when guys complain about what girls did to them OR THEIR MOTHERS” that little bit was eye opening to me, wow so Justin has mommy issues? I’m picturing a Norman Bates kind of thing and I’m guessing most likely. His mom probably tells him his fart smells like roses and responsible for his ego. And yeap, same with JL

For some reason I thought when she spoke about men complaining about their mothers she was referencing Eminem. He had already had Cleanin' Out My Closet as a single by that time.

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, drinkinaloneinmypartydress said:

For some reason I thought when she spoke about men complaining about their mothers she was referencing Eminem. He had already had Cleanin' Out My Closet as a single by that time.

Hmm it never occurred to me she was talking about Eminem as I know he talks about Kim, didn’t know he had mommy issues too but I thought it was directed at JT since he is a momma’s boy 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Hmm it never occurred to me she was talking about Eminem as I know he talks about Kim, didn’t know he had mommy issues too but I thought it was directed at JT since he is a momma’s boy 

It could have been about one or the other honestly. Lol. But, yeah, Eminem had lots of mommy issues. Listen to Cleanin' Out My Closet, My Mom and Headlights. In that order.

https://images.app.goo.gl/zY5qbyaMVJwjAgzA9

I don't know how to paste a GIF in. #mess

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 2/9/2020 at 5:27 AM, jordeezy said:

They were watching the Onyx Hotel Tour and Nick told Jessica that it was her competition so she needed to watch LOL. He trolled Jess about it.  Didn't he show up on Toxic music vid set to visit? 

Nick was on the set of „MATM“ i dont even know why he was there LOL. but he seemed like he had a little crush on britney back in the day...

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, Inherzone said:

Nick was on the set of „MATM“ i dont even know why he was there LOL. but he seemed like he had a little crush on britney back in the day...

Because Larry is his manager, he’s even one the producers on newlyweds. I think he even had another reality show called sunset tan that Britney made a guest appearance ( to boost views since the show and business was flopping) 

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/7/2020 at 9:58 PM, Tom01 said:

Everything Jessica Simpson is doing right now is what Britney (..and her team..) needs to do. This would be the best- the healthiest decision they could possibly ever make for her health and the longevity of wherever her career goes. 

This. If Brit released a book tomorrow it would become a best seller and launch her into the forefront of pop culture again, but allow people to take her seriously. People would be EAGER to hear her story, given this probably will never happen - or at least under C ship if it did would run a particular narrative.

We can't count Lynne's book as a memoir, it wasn't much more than a few stories and religious quotes mixed together. 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 7:27 PM, Puppy said:

Very true, Beyonce is out of touch. 

That was the only time they talked, his mom and her mom bonded again the pool party. His mom sounds like the definition of a stage mom, she talked about all of Justin’s achievements but from what Jessica describes, still came off nice because their family felt awkward and couldn’t get along with other parents. that’s where they found out about the headshots because Justin’s mom mentioned headshot and they only had a Polaroid if Jessica. Somehow they got access to a photographer and had left to quickly get her pro headshot taken. 

Ryan Gossling was there too and she was more smitten with him (you can tell cuz her voice became softer) that’s where they had made a bet who was gonna kiss her. I heard that Ryan had a crush on Britney but that Britney had chosen Justin because he had more “swagger” I think she had met JC too? Not sure but she talked about one of the male cast mates talking to her. 

I don’t think he’ll ever grow up. He’s a mama’s boy to me and one interesting thing I noticed when I rewatched Chaotic and she was talking about him and when she mentions the  “you know it’s cool when guys complain about what girls did to them OR THEIR MOTHERS” that little bit was eye opening to me, wow so Justin has mommy issues? I’m picturing a Norman Bates kind of thing and I’m guessing most likely. His mom probably tells him his fart smells like roses and responsible for his ego. And yeap, same with JL

Lol they talk about the Polaroid thing here as well 

Someone mentioned on the first pages that Britney came to the audition in the last minute, so maybe they all met each other before Britney. 

Lol at Justins mom bragging about JTs achievements, thats why he always has been so cocky. Back in the day he said Britney thought he was cocky even tho she wouldnt say it. Thats why he dated Britney, Alyssa Milano and Cameron Diaz. All of them are way out of his league. Back then everyone had a crush on Britney (even Prince William!) but there she was dating ramen noodle boy with a **** shaped nose. Britney always lacked confidence and thats why she dates not so good looking (and trashy) men. She used to say she started liking her lips bc Justin liked them and when he said she looked the prettiest without makeup, she was like whatever. 

Christina said she thought Ryan had a crush on her as well. Heres a video of Ryan running to hug Britney before Justin lol 

3:17 

Theres a special that talks about how Britneys behavior was completely opposite from Justins. Like she was so polite and he likes attention lol 

Dating a mamas boy must be unbearable. Once Justin said he wanted someone like his mom, who put him first. Imagine dating someone like that :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: Even tho his mom seemed to love Britney (she follows and likes Britneys pics till this day), I bet Justin wanted his needs to be put first and ofc Britney had her own issues going on, besides being a headstrong like he used to say lol 

Actually that bit on Chaotic I always felt it was about Eminem? Britney was talking about Eminem first, then she starts talking about guys complaining what girls have done to them and their mothers and she sings cry me a river. I think the girls part is about Justin *****ing about her (she even calls his album *****fied lol), but the part about the mothers is about Eminem trashing his mom and doing a video where he buries her body lol 

On 2/5/2020 at 3:33 PM, jordeezy said:

Jessica mentions Britney again around 10 hour 39 minutes - an old lady thought she was Britney at a Disney hotel lol. This is a memory from 2018

I just saw Jessica talking about this today lol 

When her husband-to-be, Eric Johnson, told his parents that he was dating Simpson, they responded, “The one that shaved her head? She has two kids, right?” They had, in fact, confused her with Britney Spears.

In 2018, Simpson and Johnson went on a family vacation to Disney World — Simpson’s first time in years since auditioning for MMC and working Grad Nite concerts at the start of her career — when a woman approached her at the pool, screaming that it was Britney Spears! “I was like, of course this would happen to me,” Simpson jokes. “Britney steals even this Disney moment, right there in front of my kids." (The woman later found Simpson and apologized for her mistake.)

https://people.com/books/jessica-simpson-open-book-memoir-revelations/?slide=7632061#7632061

On 2/4/2020 at 8:13 PM, Puppy said:

I’m pretty sure they talked about it. I think she just took it harder because it mirrored the mmc audition where Britney came out of nowhere and nailed her audition thus taking what would have been her spot. I don’t think she hold hard feelings for Britney, there’s a slight laugh or giggle when she imitated Britney’s “yes sir” as if she finds it adorable. I think she knows Britney is a pure soul just like her. 

Jessica had now way of knowing years prior Britney auditioned and they wanted her but felt she was too young. So they sent her and Lynne to NYC.  Britney had roles on Broadway as an understudy- Natalie Portman was her replacement. Britney is a stronger actor and pro dancer. Jessica struggled with dancing. I wish they would of hired her as well. 

I think as adults they realize that they were pitted against each other and being abused by the adults around them. Eating disorders, plastic surgery, for money, Sad. Have you guys seen the special on HBO about kid actors... scary

• 1 year later...