Can we take a sec to bow to this?

Toxic.Latin

Bet you didn't see this one comin
The incredible ligo
The legendary Ms. Britney Spears

I mean... what kind of genius made this song?

Every tune in this song is GOLD.

The dark vibe.

The meaning of the song considering the time it was released:

"They want more?, Well, I'll give them More".

All the mistery behind this era is ICONIC.

Yes, Britney is THAT *****.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That song could be released this instant, in July 2019, and still sound fresh af :weusay:

Katy Perry's 2017 flop song Bon Appetite recently got a huge boost in streams and sales because the GP didn't recognise it was good when it came out. Likewise, Lizzo's 2017 song Truth Hurts is making its way to the top 5 after it was featured in a Netflix movie.

I swear if Gimme More got the same exposure today, like Truth Hurts or Bon Appetite, people would start recognising its power all over again. It's just unknown to the new generation.

:weusay:

1 hour ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

That song could be released this instant, in July 2019, and still sound fresh af :weusay:

Katy Perry's 2017 flop song Bon Appetite recently got a huge boost in streams and sales because the GP didn't recognise it was good when it came out. Likewise, Lizzo's 2017 song Truth Hurts is making its way to the top 5 after it was featured in a Netflix movie.

I swear if Gimme More got the same exposure today, like Truth Hurts or Bon Appetite, people would start recognising its power all over again. It's just unknown to the new generation.

:weusay:

i refuse to believe that there are people in this planet who don’t know the legendary line “It’s Britney *****”

1 hour ago, britney_rocks said:

I bet Timbeland is still bitter to this day, that his protege made a better album with Britney than he ever did with JT. :ohi:

They're both really good imo, and Blackout probably would've never happened without influence from Futuresex/Lovesounds. Danja helped produce that album too. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Super Mods

Honestly both Britney and Danja did that which is why I don’t mind him being on the track. This was his debut and this song proved how she has good musical instincts. It’s definitely a big **** you to Timbaland, it annoyed me that he talked about coming in and saving her career with a hit like he’s sooo good and it was like charity work. She practically got the ”Timbaland” sound with having to pay him for it. After hearing Gimme Moore, I knew Timbaland wasn’t the true brains behind the “futuristic” productions that FS/LS is famous for. Glad Britney was able to see behind all the bs and see where the real talent is. 

YASS! :yasqueen:

"Gimme More" is easily a highlight of Blackout, with its perfect production, lyrical double entendre, the beyond-iconic "It's Britney, *****!", the original video concept... everything is just SO GOOD! :yasqueen:

...And then there's the official video, which (while not terrible) is just too basic to live up to the perfection of the song itself. :heresthetea:

59 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

YASS! :yasqueen:

"Gimme More" is easily a highlight of Blackout, with its perfect production, lyrical double entendre, the beyond-iconic "It's Britney, *****!", the original video concept... everything is just SO GOOD! :yasqueen:

...And then there's the official video, which (while not terrible) is just too basic to live up to the perfection of the song itself. :heresthetea:

The whole Blackout era was a hot mess, and the video expresses that well. It was underwhelming at the time, but in hindsight it fits the whole era perfectly.

Archived