Reasons why RCA is trash and Britney should not renew her contrakt.

Feel free to add more by any artists.

Kelly Clarkson

• Was blackmailed into working with Dr Luke by RCA
  • was bullied by her team during the making of "Breakaway" and told to "shut up and just sing"
  • was told that she is a shitty writer after they listened to "Because of you".

Quote from Kelly: I've sold more than 15 million records worldwide, and still nobody listens to what I have to say.

giphy.gif

Christina Aguilera

• "So Emotional" was supposed to be her second single but Christina pushed for "What a girl wants"
  • "Get mind Get Yours" was supposed to be the last single from Stripped but since "Beautiful" did so well they decided to release "The Voice Within" instead
  • "Slow down Baby" was supposed to be a single from B2B but RCA decided to make it a promo single instead
  • "Wohoo" was supposed to be Bionics second single but since people didnt like "Not Myself tonight"  they thought they could do what they did with Stripped and release "You Lost Me" instead
  • They ruined her original vision of Bionic
  • They forced her to rush record and release an album after Bionic and made her work with people she wasnt interested in working with
  • "like a fool" was doing ok in the charts so Christina wanted it as a single but RCA decided to stop all promotion
  • Dont have all of her music videos up on youtube and the ones that are up there are in bad quality

Quote from Kate Williams: “She starts telling stories of music execs treating her badly. There were the male reps who never left the room when she did clothes fittings. The person who called her difficult because she was exhausted and yawned during a meeting. The guys who sat at dinner with her, talking crudely about other women’s bodies, as if Christina weren’t there.”

Quote from Christina: “And I had all these trust issues with people too being in this business [at] such a young age. There’s really some gross, shiesty people out there. Hitting on you, you’re a minor. It’s like, “what is this?” Guys 20 years your senior who are supposed to be your caretakers and looking out for you. It really makes you grow up real fast.

tumblr_n53wb9OvRc1qlgh5qo1_500.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christina Aguilera

• "So Emotional" was supposed to be her second single but Christina pushed for "What a girl wants"
  • "Get mind Get Yours" was supposed to be the last single from Stripped but since "Beautiful" did so well they decided to release "The Voice Within" instead 
  • "Slow down Baby" was supposed to be a single from B2B but RCA decided to make it a promo single instead
  • "Wohoo" was supposed to be Bionics second single but since people didnt like "Not Myself tonight"  they thought they could do what they did with Stripped and release "You Lost Me" instead 
  • They forced her to rush record and release an album after Bionic and made her work with people she wasnt interested in working with
  • "like a fool" was doing ok in the charts so Christina wanted it as a single but RCA decided to stop all promotion
  • Dont have all of her music videos up on youtube and the ones that are up there are in bad quality

So Emotional was a better single choice than the original What a Girl Wants.RCA did a good job remixing the song to an upbeat 'Britney sound'  because the original one that Christina loved was LAME.

"Get Mine Get Yours" is horrible.

Slow Down Baby is crap.

Woohoo is a disaster from a sucky album.

Bionic was DOA.

Working with Max Martin was the last hail mary for her dead career.

Blake Shelton didn't want "Just a fool" to be released because he ,low key, didn't want the flop association.

Not worth updating video quality to videos people rarely watch.

:boredashell:

But, yes, Britney needs to leave RCA because RCA never liked Britney and have ,seemingly, done things to harm her career.

4 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

So Emotional was a better single choice than the original What a Girl Wants.RCA did a good job remixing the song to an upbeat 'Britney sound'  because the original one that Christina loved was LAME.

Slow Down Baby is crap.

Woohoo is a disaster from an sucky album.

Bionic was DOA.

Working with Max Martin was the last hail mary for her dead career.

Blake Shelton didn't want "Just a fool" to be released because he ,low key, didn't want the flop association.

Not worth updating video quality to songs people rarely listen to.

But, yes, Britney needs to leave RCA because RCA never liked Britney and have ,seemingly, done things to harm her career.

So Emotional would have flopped harder than the original WAGW

most people, even ones that dont like Christina like those songs you hate so much. They are all fan favorites. (I dont like SLDB tbh)

The original Bioinc wouldnt have been successful because it would have been less pop but it would have been her vision at least

She didnt want to work with Max Martin so she shouldnt have to.

She is their artist and they should at least put effort into her career and updating her stats and Youtube videos is the bare minimum.

5 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

So Emotional would have flopped harder than the original WAGW

most people, even ones that dont like Christina like those songs you hate so much. They are all fan favorites. (I dont like SLDB tbh)

The original Bioinc wouldnt have been successful because it would have been less pop but it would have been her vision at least

She didnt want to work with Max Martin so she shouldnt have to.

She is their artist and they should at least put effort into her career and updating her stats and Youtube videos is the bare minimum.

The Original WAGW is not better than So Emotional. At that time, the top single contenders on her album were "So emotional", "When You Put Your Hands On Me", and "Obvious"... and they still sounded outdated in a post-Britney Spears world. Other than Genie( which was recorded after Britney Spears came out) the whole album is a 90's sounding outdated mess.lol  Ironically, the overall album sounded more modern and mature than Britneys album. lol But since RCA was trying to ride the coattails of Britney, they remixed the other 2 upbeat singles from the album to compete with Britneys Baby one More Time and Crazy sounds.

1 minute ago, nonoiseplz said:

The Original WAGW is not better than So Emotional. At that time, the top single contenders on her album were "So emotional", "When You Put Your Hands On Me", and "Obvious"... and they still sounded outdated in a post-Britney Spears world. Other than Genie( which was recorded after Britney Spears came out) the whole album is a 90's sounding outdated mess.lol  Ironically, the overall album sounded more modern and mature than Britneys album. lol But since RCA was trying to ride the coattails of Britney, they remixed the other 2 upbeat singles from the album to compete with Britneys Baby one More Time and Crazy sounds.

yeah ok thats your opinion.. can we get back on topic?

11 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Slow Down Baby is crap.

Woohoo is a disaster from an sucky album.

:ririshade1::nydisgust::squintney:

15 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

RCA never liked Britney and have ,seemingly, done things to harm her career.

I agree that RCA is ****, but they don’t dislike Britney, and they’re not doing anything to purposely harm her career.  That’s just dumb.  At the end of the day a record label is a business- they want to make money on their artists, not lose it. 

50 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

:ririshade1::nydisgust::squintney:

I agree that RCA is ****, but they don’t dislike Britney, and they’re not doing anything to purposely harm her career.  That’s just dumb.  At the end of the day a record label is a business- they want to make money on their artists, not lose it. 

I dont think they are doing it on purpose but they just arent good at what they do. She had her worst eras with them and other artists have had issues too.

I don’t know. Some artists do well with them. I look at artists like JT and Pink who get to promote everywhere, and record the songs they want to (even if they flop) and can’t definitively say it’s the label. H.E.R. and Sza are coming off of great years and they are with RCA and seem to be making the music they want to make too. I think Britney is just in a weird spot artistically and image wise and idk if that would get better with another label or a not? And her performances aren’t that great where a label can say ok her appearance at such and such award show is going to push this song to number 1. Just like the VMAs should have been amazing for MM, but it just left us all bored and confused lol. For me, if all the other components like her interview and performing skills were still there, then I’d say ok she’s got to move on but idk. :-/ She seemed to really enjoy who she worked with on Glory too, so what else could they do? 

43 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Atlantic seems to be good. They let Kelly Clarkson make her dream album.

Yess! I’d love to see Britney at Atlantic.

Kelly Clarkson and Sia both left RCA for Atlantic. One thing I hear a lot of their artists say is how they have much more creative freedom over their albums and get to make the music they want. 

Their roster includes Ed Sheeran, Cardi B, Bruno Mars, Sia, Kelly Clarkson, Charlie Puth, Paramore, Marina etc. 

57 minutes ago, MyQueenBritney said:

Yess! I’d love to see Britney at Atlantic.

Kelly Clarkson and Sia both left RCA for Atlantic. One thing I hear a lot of their artists say is how they have much more creative freedom over their albums and get to make the music they want. 

Their roster includes Ed Sheeran, Cardi B, Bruno Mars, Sia, Kelly Clarkson, Charlie Puth, Paramore, Marina etc. 

I thought Paramore was with Fueled By Ramen? Or is FBR a subset of Atlantic?

5 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Feel free to add more by any artists.

Kelly Clarkson

• Was blackmailed into working with Dr Luke by RCA
  • was bullied by her team during the making of "Breakaway" and told to "shut up and just sing"
  • was told that she is a shitty writer after they listened to "Because of you".

Quote from Kelly: I've sold more than 15 million records worldwide, and still nobody listens to what I have to say.

giphy.gif

Christina Aguilera

Quote from Kate Williams: “She starts telling stories of music execs treating her badly. There were the male reps who never left the room when she did clothes fittings. The person who called her difficult because she was exhausted and yawned during a meeting. The guys who sat at dinner with her, talking crudely about other women’s bodies, as if Christina weren’t there.”

Quote from Christina: “And I had all these trust issues with people too being in this business [at] such a young age. There’s really some gross, shiesty people out there. Hitting on you, you’re a minor. It’s like, “what is this?” Guys 20 years your senior who are supposed to be your caretakers and looking out for you. It really makes you grow up real fast.

tumblr_n53wb9OvRc1qlgh5qo1_500.gif

Kelly isn't a good songwriter and her best era was Breakaway, so RCA was right.

Get Mine Get Yours wouldn't have done better than The Voice Within

Not Myself Tonight was Xtina's version of SexyBack and Gimme More, it would have done well without Pigrez and Lady Gaga ambush

Bionic sucks, there are only three good songs

Lotus sucks, except for the Lotus Intro

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, holditagainstbritney said:

I thought Paramore was with Fueled By Ramen? Or is FBR a subset of Atlantic?

They have a dual deal with Atlantic and FBR. Back in 2005 Paramore were supposed to realise their music through Atlantic but people in the labels marketing department thought they would sell better with a label like FBR behind them since were known for indie/punk rock artists. 

6 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Best decision they have made! The Voice Within is one of her best songs and video ever.

also the whole debacle with Tinashe and delaying her album over and over again.. I realise that a record label is a business and their main goal is profit but you gotta remember that a contract isn't one-sided.. if you sign an artist and promise to let them create and release music, if you promise to give them budget and if you promise to do your best to promote them THEN YOU GO AHEAD AND DO IT.. even if the artist isn't bringing in the money, you can't just completely abandon them, that should absolutely not be a thing.. :fu:

also this:

Spoiler

After a turbulent 5 years, the R&B starlet has successfully nullified her contract with RCA Records. The relationship between her and the label turned sour shortly after the release of her debut album, Aquarius, in 2014. By fall 2015, the label had pushed Tinashe to abandon her signature sound of alternative R&B to make pop music instead. When her pop offerings failed to gain traction, the label held her sophomore album, Joyride, hostage for nearly 3 years.

For Tinashe, enough was enough. In 2017, she hired a legal team at LaPolt Law in West Hollywood, California, to force RCA to allow Joyride‘s release. In the album’s booklet, Tinashe thanked both of her attorneys, stating, “Thank you to my legal team at LaPolt Law: Dina LaPolt and Danielle Price for all you have done to finally push this project out. My fans and I are forever grateful.”

After Joyride‘s long-awaited released in April 2018, things seemed to be going well between Tinashe and RCA. By summer, the relationship again took a turn for the worse when producer, Hitmaka, revealed that RCA blocked the release of Tinashe’s next studio album, Nashe. This was the last straw. In August, Tinashe revealed to fans during a livestream that she was “trying” to get out of her contract with RCA.

thank god the good sis is finally free.. :crying3:

Archived