Reasons why RCA is trash and Britney should not renew her contrakt.

2 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

It's sad but let's be honest here. Tinasha's only relevant song was '2 On' which still, in comparison to other new successful artists, flopped. It topped the US rhythmic chart but underperformed everywhere else it charted. She's had no other hit songs and she lacks strong personality, stage presence, iconic look, and signature sound. I apologize to all her fans but she's up (or down) there with the likes of Alexis Jordan and the endless line of other pretty talented girls that simply don't have IT.

And that's OK.

Sometimes, being talented and an ok performer just doesn't cut it. I've listened to some of Tinashe's albums and yeah, girl's got a pretty voice and obviously can sing - but that's not what stardom and the entertainment industry is about. 

In fact, you can even lack talent but if you make up for it in vision and star quality you'll get further than all the other talented girls that wanna make it. Rihanna started out as a flop artist. There I said it. In fact, she was this close to being the 'Pon de Replay' singer. That one hit wonder from somewhere in the Caribbean. She could've easily become another Amerie / Teairra Mari / Shontelle - some of her contemporaries, now forgotten, and forever buried in the sea of irrelevancy.

BUT NO

Girl had something special. In spite of not being the best singer (in fact, Rihanna was pretty bad live when she started) she had all the necessary ingredients that destined her for superstardom. She had an instantly recognizable voice, a strong vision for her career and a great ear for potential hit songs and producers that'll help her achieve that, magnetic personality, and iconic looks. Timeless pop stars need to possess all of these. You take one of them away and it stops working. Having some of these just doesn't cut it.

Tinashe doesn't have a recognizable voice. In fact she sounds like every other R&B singer with a pleasant voice.
In terms of music, I feel like she hasn't discovered her sound yet or hasn't found the producers that'll help her develop one.

She is a nice girl, but she doesn't really make me want to get to know her more. She's forgettable imo.
She is pretty, but once again, very forgettable.

So as much as labels can be real dicks in how they treat pop stars, let's not forget the business isn't a charity it's about generating profit. Labels are very generous as long as they see you're generating coins for them. In fact, they'll make you their priority. However, the second they see you fail to bring in them coins and you're losing your momentum they drop you like a hot potato and move on to the next thing and that's just the way it is.... because "where money is involved, nothing is surprising."

I agree but as I said, even if a business is a business, a contract by definition isn't a one-sided thing.. if you promise to do something then you deliver.. what's the point of keeping artists in a dungeon by suppressing new music, it just doesn't make sense.. either you keep pushing the artist into the spotlight until something clicks or you just release them from the label.. what good does keeping an artist that's useless to you around anyway, all you're doing is giving yourself a bad rep and literally asking for lawsuits.. :heresthetea:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived