[Update: Results are in] Overall Album Evaluation- Britney

How would you rate Britney's third album?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the overall sound of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  2. 2. Rate the physical outlook of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  3. 3. Pick your top 3 favourite songs from the album (Only 3)

• I'm A Slave 4 U
    • Overprotected
    • Lonely
    • I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
    • Boys
    • Anticipating
    • I Love Rock 'n Roll
    • Cinderella
    • Let Me Be
    • Bombastic Love
    • What It's Like To Be Me
    • When I Found You
    • That's Where You Take Me
    • Before The Goodbye
    • I Run Away
    • Intimidated (b-side)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2019 at 03:23 AM

Overall Album Evaluation - Britney ? 

Hey everyone! 

To evaluate the overall ranking of Britney's third album, I request you to participate in this poll. Just choose an answer for each category of questions and the final results will be posted once a specific number of members have voted. 

In addition to voting, I request you to also engage in answering the following questions:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 (Overprotected Darkchild Remix included)
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

Note: The third category in the poll is multiple-choice, Vote any 3

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqKhsbBAGzOmZdzI57eFUBG018~15.jpgoriginal.gif

* The 'Boys' option in the third category of the poll is not to be confused with the Co-ed remix featuring Pharell. Only initial album tracks count.

** The 'Overprotected' option in the third category of the poll is not to be confused with the Darkchild remix of the same songs.

UPDATE

The results are in, click on the spoiler below to view them

Spoiler

Based on 50 votes at the time of counting, these are the final ratings of the album:

• Overall sound of the album - 3.9 / 5
  • Physical outlook of the album - 4.2 / 5

Top 3 songs of the album:

1. I'm A Slave 4 U - 66% voters (33 votes)
  2. Overprotected - 54% voters (27 votes)
  3. I Run Away - 26% voters (13 votes)

Based on the answers received from 11 members,

1. 4 voters voice that Anticipating should have been worldwide and not France-exclusive. 3 agree that I Love Rock 'n Roll should not have been a single.
  2. 4 voters have I Love Rock 'n Roll as their least favorite track which received an average of 3.2 / 5.  On second place was Before The Goodbye (2 votes).
  3. The album received a lyrical average of 4.5 / 5
  4. 6 voters chose I'm A Slave 4 U as their favorite video. Overprotected Darkchild Remix comes in second with 2 votes.
  5. Most upvoted review @THE BAJAN VIBE

This album gives us a lesson: Don't be afraid to express yourself and find out who you really are. 

Final Verdict: Above Average

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall sound: 5/5

Physical outlook: 5/5

Top three songs: Overprotected, Anticipating, Before the Goodbye

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? - I don't think I Love Rock N Roll should have been a single. Anticipating should have been released instead rather than just being a France only single. Cinderella and Before the Goodbye would have also made great singles, but asides from I Love Rock N Roll, the single run was fine. 
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - I love the album so much, but my least favourite (just because I don't like it as much as the rest of the album's songs) is probably I Love Rock N Roll, I'd give it a 3.8/5 cause the song is still really good and an interesting cover but weak compared to the rest of the album.
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 - 4/5. Still not perfect but an improvement over her first two albums, and quite a lot of songs with more lyrical depth/meaning to them (Overprotected/Not a Girl/What It's Like To Be Me etc.)
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 (Overprotected Darkchild Remix included) - Slave, 5/5. One of her best and sexiest videos.
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? An underrated album in Britney's discography, this coming of age record is a bridge in the gap between Britney's teen pop persona developing into a more mature image. The album is full of bops and songs that Britney herself could relate to at the time of the album's release. (okay this isn't 2 lines I'M SORRY!!)

Britney the album has bops for sure but it is her least cohesive album along with circus. 

So 3/5 for me. 

I think the singles were the correct choices to pave the way for her more mature sound in the future. 

My favourite video for the era is def slave (iconic) but special mention goes to Britney’s abs and outfit in ILRNR :brit2016:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? - I Love Rock n Roll shouldn't have been released, Anticipating should have had a worldwide release. also Cinderella, I Run Away, or Before the Goodbye could have been released as the 6th single
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - I Love Rock 'n' Roll, so unnecessary but it's a decent cover so 3
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 - 4, not much you can expect from a coming of age transition album
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 (Overprotected Darkchild Remix included) - everyone's going to vote for Darkchild Remix so I'm giving Slave some love, it's a 5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? - Britney invented coming of age albums. if it weren't for this, Miley, Demi, Selena, Ariana would have had a hard time transitioning from teeny boppers to fully grown ***** :flawlessbye:
50 minutes ago, Itachi said:
  1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? - I Love Rock n Roll shouldn't have been released, Anticipating should have had a worldwide release. also Cinderella, I Run Away, or Before the Goodbye could have been released as the 6th single
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - I Love Rock 'n' Roll, so unnecessary but it's a decent cover so 3
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 - 4, not much you can expect from a coming of age transition album
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 (Overprotected Darkchild Remix included) - everyone's going to vote for Darkchild Remix so I'm giving Slave some love, it's a 5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? - Britney invented coming of age albums. if it weren't for this, Miley, Demi, Selena, Ariana would have had a hard time transitioning from teeny boppers to fully grown ***** :flawlessbye:

:mhm::gloria:

52 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5

I don't necessarily have a least favorite song, I just divide the album into memorable and forgettable category. Having said that, I never listen to "I Love Rock & Roll" unless I watch the accompanying video which is epic and one of my favorites. I will always be here for Rockney and Attitudeney, I just.... I'm never in the mood to listen to it.

Thank you for the review. Would you please mention what rating from 1 to 5 you would give to I Love Rock & Roll? :)

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it - l love Slave 4 u, boys and overprotected but I've never been a fan of I love rock n roll or INAGNYAW it's annoying that the crossroads soundtrack was mixed with the album
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - the worst imo is before the goodbye (rating 2/5) I love the opening verse its strong and then it goes in to that chorus which just doesn't sound good imo?
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 - I rate the lyrics 5/5 because she was really telling everyone look I am who I am I'm growing up if you don't like it that's your problem lol
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 (Overprotected Darkchild Remix included) - my fave video is boys I love her looks in that video 5/5 but overprotected dark child remix is a close second
  1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? I would have chosen “What It’s Like to Be Me” instead of “Anticipating”
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5.  Intimidated 2/5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5.     5/5
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 (Overprotected Darkchild Remix included).   I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman. 

This album / era made me a Britney's fan. I was 7 years old and 'Overprotected' changed everything for me. I started to look up at that flawless girl, the flawless pop-star and then, I will se the person later. But, seriously... the album deserved and DESERVES more recognition. Call me delusional but BRITNEY is definition of pop. I've always wanted her to get that vibe and sound again (or any pop star out there). Sadly, the era was seen as 'childish' or something like that. But the BRITNEY album was expression, it was rebellion, it was looking for freedom, and finding out who you are. The album was the expression of the 'finding out who we are' process, the process we all experience in life. For me, BRITNEY was art.

Britney was in the top of the world and after BOMT and Oops!, people started to hate on her because of oversaturation. The problem with radio stations about Pepsi did not help neither. So, a lot of factors did not allow the BRITNEY album to shine as it deserved.

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? Well, I never really liked that much 'I'm A Slave 4 U' but the snake performance. But it was a good choice since everyone remember that song. I would've done: Overprotected, I'm A Slave 4 U, I Run Away, Cinderella / Let Me Be
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5. I don't really have one. Maybe I Love Rock 'n' Roll. 3/5.
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5. 5/5. She was expressing herself and it's so underrated.
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 (Overprotected Darkchild Remix included) OVERPROTECTED in both versions.
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? This album gives us a lesson: Don't be afraid to express yourself and find out who you really are. 

And what we can say about the album art / shooting? I would say it's the best one, or at least, it's my favourite ever. Come on...

BG002~41.jpg

BG018~15.jpg

23~4.png

BG036~9.jpg

Justice for BRITNEY. Even through the years, it stays one of the realest Britney's album. Listen to Overprotected and you'll find out why.

5 minutes ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

This album / era made me a Britney's fan. I was 7 years old and 'Overprotected' changed everything for me. I started to look up at that flawless girl, the flawless pop-star and then, I will se the person later. But, seriously... the album deserved and DESERVES more recognition. Call me delusional but BRITNEY is definition of pop. I've always wanted her to get that vibe and sound again (or any pop star out there). Sadly, the era was seen as 'childish' or something like that. But the BRITNEY album was expression, it was rebellion, it was looking for freedom, and finding out who you are. The album was the expression of the 'finding out who we are' process, the process we all experience in life. For me, BRITNEY was art.

Britney was in the top of the world and after BOMT and Oops!, people started to hate on her because of oversaturation. The problem with radio stations about Pepsi did not help neither. So, a lot of factors  to not allow the BRITNEY album to shine as it deserved.

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? Well, I never really liked that much 'I'm A Slave 4 U' but the snake performance. But it was a good choice since everyone remember that song. I would've done: Overprotected, I'm A Slave 4 U, I Run Away, Cinderella / Let Me Be
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5. I don't really have one. Maybe I Love Rock 'n' Roll. 3/5.
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5. 5/5. She was expressing herself and it's so underrated.
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 (Overprotected Darkchild Remix included) OVERPROTECTED in both versions.
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? This album gives us a lesson: Don't be afraid to express yourself and find out who you really are. 

And what we can say about the album art / shooting? I would say it's the best one, or at least, it's my favourite ever. Come on...

BG002~41.jpg

BG018~15.jpg

23~4.png

BG036~9.jpg

Justice for BRITNEY. Even through the years, it stays one of the realest Britney's album. Listen to Overprotected and you'll find out why.

Aw that's a sweet story :) Britney is a great album, but unfortunately not my cup of tea when it comes to songs like That's Where You Take Me/Anticipating etc. Thanks for the review!:kiss:

Ok, I'm sorry. I'm just going to write my own review and ignore the questions, because your questions will be better answered this way than if I try to answer them alone.

Objectively, I would rate Britney 3/5. It has pretty good lyrics, good vocals, and the melodies aren't necessarily bad. Personally, I would rate the album like a 2/5, maybe even a 1.5/5. I'm sorry, I just don't like this album. You asked me to pick my top 3 songs, and I could only pick 2 (Slave and Boys). This album is like the equivalent of Britney Jean for her pre-breakdown albums. The production is dated, but just sounds cheap and noisy in general. Both albums were marketed to be personal but fell short of feeling that personal. The only difference is that Britney cared more for this album than BJ. I just genuinely don't think the album sounds good and I don't think I'll voluntarily listen to the whole thing in one sitting again.

Since I don't like the album, I don't really watch any of the videos from it, but I always have liked the Slave video.

2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Ok, I'm sorry. I'm just going to write my own review and ignore the questions, because your questions will be better answered this way than if I try to answer them alone.

Objectively, I would rate Britney 3/5. It has pretty good lyrics, good vocals, and the melodies aren't necessarily bad. Personally, I would rate the album like a 2/5, maybe even a 1.5/5. I'm sorry, I just don't like this album. You asked me to pick my top 3 songs, and I could only pick 2 (Slave and Boys). This album is like the equivalent of Britney Jean for her pre-breakdown albums. The production is dated, but just sounds cheap and noisy in general. Both albums were marketed to be personal but fell short of feeling that personal. The only difference is that Britney cared more for this album than BJ. I just genuinely don't think the album sounds good and I don't think I'll voluntarily listen to the whole thing in one sitting again.

Since I don't like the album, I don't really watch any of the videos from it, but I always have liked the Slave video.

Whoa that took me by surprise :britlol: I like how different your opinion is! For this album, I'm kinda torm between whether i like it or not. Thank you for the review:kiss:

18 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

you

1. I would say its apt enough... But I think Slave,Overprotected,Cinderella and let me be...

2. I don't really like bombastic love and I would rate it a 2/5...

3. It is lyrically okay to me... Most of the songs do have good lyrics (Slave is awesome)... But some of them have kinda okay lyrics. So I will give it a 3/5.

4. To me it obviously has to be Slave 4 U.. It is basically her transforming from a cute girl to woman... Its almost magical to see such a transformation. I will always give it a 5/5..

5. The album is certainly not the best but it isn't really the worst either... There are areas where it is good and where there are down falls but all I would say is... "Its an album that had the potential but couldn't really reach it"

Yes.. except I Love Rock'n'Roll which shouldn't have been released as a single & Anticipating deserved more than a French only release (and we didn't have a video for it) but a WW one + a video.

Least favorite : Before the Goodbye
(1/5)
Favorite : Anticipating (5/5)
Bombastic Love : 3.5/5
Boys : 3/5
Boys (Remix) : 3.5/5 because of Pharrell (the solo version of the remix is a 4/5)
Cinderella : 3.5/5
ILRNR : 3.5/5
I Run Away : 4.8/5
Slave : 4.9/5
Not a Girl... : 4.7/5
Intimidated : 3.5/5
Let me be : 4.6/5
Lonely : 4.5/5
Overprotected : 4.3/5
Overprotected Remix : 4.4/5
That's Where You Take Me : 3.75/5
WILTBM : 2.5/5 (the version without ********* voice is a 3/5)
When I Found You : 4.2/5

3. 5/5

Slave : 5/5
Overprotected Remix : 4.5/5
Overprotected : 4/5

Not a Girl : 3.5/5
Boys Remix : 3/5
ILRNR : 2/5

My review : "Even though she's "not a girl, not yet a woman", adulthood suits Britney Spears."

11 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

I agree about That's Where You Take Me and the rest of the filler songs tho so you're excused :)

Reveal hidden contents

I'll keep coming for you unless you accept that Bubblegumney aka Brave New Girlney is everything >>>>

:jj:

For the sake of our friendship, Brave New Girl and Anticipating are great songs :woopsie:

Spoiler

I felt bad typing it :decisions:

22 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:
  • Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
  • Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  • How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
  • Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 (Overprotected Darkchild Remix included)
  • If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

1. I actually didn't have a problem with the singles released during the Britney era, even if not all were my favorites. (I don't dislike any of the singles, however. I will say Boys is now totally overplayed, but anyway.) We were incredibly spoiled this era-- two versions of Overprotected, different video shots of NAGNYAW, the amount of singles and videos themselves.

2. That's Where You Take Me, 1/5. I can't do it. Its the only song I can't do on the album, however. (I actually think Anticipating is a really cute bop, and it gives me big "All For You" vibes, for obvious reasons, and I totally appreciate it.

3. Normally I'd say Slave's lyrics haven't aged well, but right now.... :eeek: Maybe just the intro and being young. Overall, I like Britney's lyrics. 4/5.

4. Overprotected (Darkchild Remix). 5/5. Period, end of story, :bedtime:

5. Someone else above said this and I agree wholeheartedly-- without Britney, we wouldn't have had her maturing as an artist. It was finally a peek at the real Britney past the bubblegum. An essential in her library, and a personal part of my Holy Trinity.

Archived