#FREEBRITNEY | Britney’s Gram Received Worrying Voicemail Regarding Britney

23 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Not in the US, unfortunately. I had to work with a ******* who got her PhD in school psychology rather than clinical psych, and she actually asked me “what’s schizoaffective disorder?” prior to seeing the diagnosis of her very first client.

I honestly thought she was joking, but then I researched the difference in how competitive clinical psych vs school, counseling or educational psych are, and the differences in qualifications are staggering.

Nevertheless, once you obtain the PhD from whichever program and pass the EPPP, you’re a licensed psychologist and can work anywhere within your state of certification. 

Plus, a psychiatrist (MD) is completely different from a psychologist (PhD). Britney saw the former; the latter type of doctor can’t prescribe medication. 

Just to clarify some of the super well-regulated laws in existence here. :wontcry:

I  understand what you mean..in my country a psychologist can not prescribe medication and it is true that I have written a psychologist instead of a psychiatric(maybe it is the custom)anyway I think that in the subspecialties of psychiatric are separated from psychiatric child-youth ,adult psychiatric and geriatric psychiatric.

• Like 2
On 5/1/2019 at 6:32 PM, Just Because said:

Are you guys forgetting tBritney instagram video asking us all to give her  “space” while she takes time off to focus on her health. 

We don’t know all the “facts”..... This is NONE of our business. 

Here's the problem with this conclusion.  The practices that occur in Conservatorships affect us ALL because when rights are removed from ordinary citizens, this allows those in control to charge estates without consent from the person-and this all occuring in a "court of law".  Think about that for a moment.  It's a public safety issue to make sure that ALL people in Britney's shoes--and there are MANY throughout the nation--usually elders and persons with disabilities-- are protected against the people in charge who are now in positions to exploit them.  Nationally speaking, this is a huge issue because there is insufficient oversight and monitoring of these practices.  Outrageous violations of personal rights and exploitation of  the assets of those under protection are being revealed all over the place with increasing regularity.   People in Britney's situation have been 'unpersoned" by the court--they have undergone "civil death".   There are exceptional risks to the practice of protecting people by removal of their rights--to free speech, for example.  Britney  literally can be censored by the court from speaking out.  That's how little power she really has.  Thank goodness she's a public figure and people are expressing concern.  What about all of the others who have no voices?  No one even knows about them except for a few advocate organizations , like the ones I'm part of, speaking up on on their behalf.

• Like 3
On 4/16/2019 at 8:32 AM, Commotion said:

we still don't know for sure what's going on though

:yasqueen:

We do know, however, that conservatorship is a removal of fundamental rights meaning that she can be ordered not to speak about the conservatorship in public.  Also, many family members related to wards of the state (who've had rights removed and been "unpersoned" just like Britney) can be ordered not to discuss the case either.  In many cases throughout the U.S. family members are gag-ordered meaning that if they talk, they can be held in contempt of court.  You're absolutely right that we don't know what is going on, and there are reasons why that have to do with the nature of conservatorship itself.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Circuit said:

Just a question: why do we think she’s going to get out of the conservatorship? I highly doubt it, unfortunately.

You are certainly right that those in control are making tons of money by charging Britney's estate with only the approval of a judge, not Britney herself.  How dangerous is that?  And why would these people ever let her go?  Maybe the expenses are being audited in Britney's case, but in MANY cases throughout the nation, nobody is even looking at the accounting of expenses.  Opportunity to fudge the "books" (very little evidenced based accounting required) is HUGE. Judges can't audit these cases on his or her own due to huge case pile ups and courts don't have the money to do it.  You can only imagine what's being uncovered throughout the nation.

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, smouthwick said:

Here's the problem with this conclusion.  The practices that occur in Conservatorships affect us ALL because when rights are removed from ordinary citizens, this allows those in control to charge estates without consent from the person-and this all occuring in a "court of law".  Think about that for a moment.  It's a public safety issue to make sure that ALL people in Britney's shoes--and there are MANY throughout the nation--usually elders and persons with disabilities-- are protected against the people in charge who are now in positions to exploit them.  Nationally speaking, this is a huge issue because there is insufficient oversight and monitoring of these practices.  Outrageous violations of personal rights and exploitation of  the assets of those under protection are being revealed all over the place with increasing regularity.   People in Britney's situation have been 'unpersoned" by the court--they have undergone "civil death".   There are exceptional risks to the practice of protecting people by removal of their rights--to free speech, for example.  Britney  literally can be censored by the court from speaking out.  That's how little power she really has.  Thank goodness she's a public figure and people are expressing concern.  What about all of the others who have no voices?  No one even knows about them except for a few advocate organizations , like the ones I'm part of, speaking up on on their behalf.

Perfectly stated. I completely agree. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NotBuyingIt said:

EXACTLY! Again, living in one of the biggest cities in the country with millions of people, do you know how many individuals I come across with severe mental issues? That includes trust fund babies (since people love to point out that Britney is different since she's rich and has a lot at stake plus endless opportunistic users around her). I know a dude whose father is an extremely prominent lawyer and makes absolute bank (I'm not disclosing any details to ensure privacy, but he's worked on at least one case everyone on this forum would know). We're talking millions upon millions upon millions of dollars every single year. The dude is completely unstable and has made horrific life choices - including marrying someone out of pure loneliness that he barely knew, someone who used him for money (the marriage definitely ended and daddy needed to help big time) - but surrounded by tons of money. His family does not have him under a conservatorship. I distantly know a dude (through a relative of mine) whose father owns one of the biggest businesses around and he is also incredibly unstable. He grew up in a $10 million home in the city, and it's to his benefit that his family is so wealthy because he's too f**ked up to keep a job of his own, even when he worked for his father's company (they had to let him go because his antics were too much and he made terrible decisions 24/7 that cost the company tons of money). No conservatorship.

People can sit there and say, "Well, SHOULDN'T these people be under conservatorships?" There are other ways to help them. I've also seen people rise from the ashes. And it didn't take permanent conservatorships to do so.

I also see plenty of people walking around the streets completely incapacitated and unable to manage their own affairs. The dude on the streets with schizophrenia, a history of ******** assaulting neighborhood women, and not taking his medication? I could see him being under a conservatorship until he's stable enough to be on his own. But Britney? It's a totally different story.

Great points.  But anytime an ordinary citizen is "unpersoned" by the court, undergoing "civil death" you've got to be asking a LOT of questions because in this situation, thoughout the country, many are being exploited by the very people put in complete charge over them.  Maybe Britney has so much money it doesn't matter. But what about all of the other people who are in that situation?   Huge overarching control over another individual in many cases is assigned to "professionals" with very little supervision or accountability.  It's scary.   In principle, taking away someone's rights should be a punishment, but those in conservatorships often say that they have been punished by rights removal and treated like a criminal when they've committed no crime.

• Like 5