HAPPY 17th ANNIVERSARY OVERPROTECTED DARKCHILD REMIX

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer the original version of the song, but the Darkchild remix has a better video. In fact, I'd say it's one of Britney's best music videos. The choreography and outfits are ICONIC. I'm still waiting for the day this appears on Britney's official YouTube channel/VEVO.

1 hour ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I can't find the difference between the original and the remix of the song, they are so similar:zoomzoom:

They literally have different instrumentals.

The original version is more pop sounding whilst the Darkchild remix has a more edgier R&B influenced production.

34 minutes ago, Isla. said:

The original version is more pop sounding whilst the Darkchild remix has a more edgier R&B influenced production.

2 hours ago, Goku said:

You can't be serious, the sound is completely different :zoomzoom:

From what I remember, the only part I find different is the bridge:zoomzoom:

Maybe I should give a listen to the song, haven't heard it in a while:mj:

2 hours ago, Ryan9999 said:

Budget could have been used for Lonely or Cinderella just sayin. No need for 2 videos. They should have just done the darkchild remix cause it’s more iconic :unbothered:

I agree we needed other songs to get a video, but the Original is better than the remix.

The remix is great though, but the other one was already good, I don't know why they didn't release that in the US as it was.

I'd scrap Boys instead.  

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

I like the remix, but I think it's just so lazily produced. Like they just got this "cool" beat and repeated it from beginning to end, and it makes it feel dull since there's little to no difference from the verses, the choruses and the bridge. 

The standard version gives it a distinct feeling to each part of the song and it really ends on a climax. 

Just now, PokemonSpears said:

I like the remix, but I think it's just so lazily produced. Like they just got this "cool" beat and repeated it from beginning to end, and it makes it feel bland since there's little to no difference from the verses, the choruses and the bridge. 

The standard version gives it a distinct feeling to each part of the song and it really ends on a climax. 

I can't spot the difference between the original and the remix:zoomzoom: and you complain about the production 

Archived