New BreatheHeavy.com layout

Jordan Miller

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first though was, good Jordan you nailed on the layout this time.

But problem is, while scrolling, even tho its the "design" asthethic and bla bla, it does not cooperate well with the user in terms of browsing cause the pictures are just too big. It would be best if you had less sections like ex. BRITNEY and OTHER STUFF and EXHALE, and small images.

At least put the banners smaller, I'm afraid this might put away some people. just advised. the rest is perfect and like it deserved it.

• Leader
3 hours ago, cheri said:

why haven't you covered the michael jackson scandal, despite him being the "king of pop" and this being a pop site? you bashed dr luke relentlessly on the mainpage (despite no proof whatsoever) and have covered r kelly several times (he isn't even a pop artist). you even bashed kanye calling him "deplorable" and he is not a pop artist either.

why aren't you covering michael king of p0p for this very serious case too then?

& also i would not even consider charging people money for this forum until you fix the array of glitches that u have been alerted about numerous times (the search bar for one) but do nothing about several months later.

Complete coincidence. I posted a story just now on MJ I've been thinking about writing for weeks. Check it out:

https://www.breatheheavy.com/michael-jackson-cancel-culture-rx/

On 3/11/2019 at 12:25 AM, jennyj said:

Love the look! But the layout, I prefer a chronological layout by date.  (keep the 1 big feature at top, and then just list out the latest posts by date instead of separated by section).  

Yeah same. The sections make no sense to me. You can add tabs instead. Or have buttons at the onset with the sections then go chronological from there. I used to read the articles but now I’m completely turned off by it 

15 hours ago, cheri said:

you are very late but better late than never! and yes very... "coincidental"! :deadbanana:

in response to your article, no people shouldn't stop listening to singers/watching movies of those who have done awful things. if we did, we'd barely have anything left. i will just call them a piece of **** and pirate their stuff! :well:

what i wanna know is how u can so easily be on the fence & civilized about michael but for dr luke (who u have no proof whatsoever about) u called him a "piece of ****, desperate, exhausted," etc, calling kanye "deplorable" (he's never been accused of something like molestation or anything, u just called kanye that over his OPINION). no extreme name calling for michael tho, why? :umok:

Tell it boo! :wigsnatched:

Jordan what's your response :cardi:

• Leader
12 hours ago, Scrappy said:

Yeah same. The sections make no sense to me. You can add tabs instead. Or have buttons at the onset with the sections then go chronological from there. I used to read the articles but now I’m completely turned off by it 

Completely turned off cause of the sections? :badthoughts: I think it just takes a little getting used to heh. It's almost the same as before just a little more organized. IDK maybe my head is in the sand lol. Give it a few days and HMU if you're still hating it 0--=]

• Leader
14 hours ago, DarkLord said:

Jordan, your are such an inspiration, working so Hard on your site and taking care of things that really matter. The site looks awwwwwsome, great colors, clean líneas and runs great on all my devices. The site of a lifetime. 

I'm framing this comment. Thank you so much! Really appreciate it. I am so glad that's the takeaway you get from the new layout. I visit soo many sites a day and my eyes are always like :evilpatrick: I never even know where to look. I wanted BH to have a layout that was just simple and clean. The Apple of pop music news :cardi:

• Leader
15 hours ago, cheri said:

you are very late but better late than never! and yes very... "coincidental"! :deadbanana:

in response to your article, no people shouldn't stop listening to singers/watching movies of those who have done awful things. if we did, we'd barely have anything left. i will just call them a piece of **** and pirate their stuff! :well:

what i wanna know is how u can so easily be on the fence & civilized about michael but for dr luke (who u have no proof whatsoever about) u called him a "piece of ****, desperate, exhausted," etc, calling kanye "deplorable" (he's never been accused of something like molestation or anything, u just called kanye that over his OPINION). no extreme name calling for michael tho, why? :umok:

I suppose the best explanation is that my perspective changed. If I went to write an article about Kanye or Dr Luke now I wouldn't call them those names like before. I recently wrote about Kim Petras working with Luke and didn't frame him in the same way. 

That's the funny thing about the Internet - is that your words are forever. So I look dumb when I look back lol, but it also has allowed me to change and grow. 

27 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Completely turned off cause of the sections? :badthoughts: I think it just takes a little getting used to heh. It's almost the same as before just a little more organized. IDK maybe my head is in the sand lol. Give it a few days and HMU if you're still hating it 0--=]

I logged on to the site via PC just to see the difference, and I get what you were trying to do now, but it still translates poorly on to mobile.

Moreover, the font for Breathe Heavy (the cursive) is still an eyesore and puny compared to the all-caps titles. I can't even see the Heavy part, it looks like Hearey. 

What's the difference even between "It's Breaking, *****" and "Thank U, News"? The second one at least explains that it's "Breaking News Stories," but then that makes the previous section seem redundant. I know you're trying to play off of the "It's Britney, *****" catchphrase, but you can twist it a bit and go "It's Breaking News, *****" so your readers aren't completely lost.  Consistency would help too, so use title/subtitle in every section to specify content. 

But seriously, not even PerezHilton.com, as messy as that has become, uses all-caps. I mean, in the RX section, the titles are twice the size of the other sections; does premium content mean I've suddenly gone blind or need a billboard sized title?

I'm not even sure why "B-Sides: "State of Grace" etc.'s image is so big. If I didn't know better, I wouldn't scroll down as you can't see that there's any content after it. I'd rather just see an image too, not something with a color filter. The rainbow theme - which you are more than entitled to abuse and throttle to bits - borders on kitsch at this point. The predominately black tabs with a color photo in the middle of celebs looks better, cleaner.

Less is more. There's a reason why people read Facebook or Google News. It's clean and organized. 

• Leader
7 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

I logged on to the site via PC just to see the difference, and I get what you were trying to do now, but it still translates poorly on to mobile.

Moreover, the font for Breathe Heavy (the cursive) is still an eyesore and puny compared to the all-caps titles. I can't even see the Heavy part, it looks like Hearey. 

What's the difference even between "It's Breaking, *****" and "Thank U, News"? The second one at least explains that it's "Breaking News Stories," but then that makes the previous section seem redundant. I know you're trying to play off of the "It's Britney, *****" catchphrase, but you can twist it a bit and go "It's Breaking News, *****" so your readers aren't completely lost.  Consistency would help too, so use title/subtitle in every section to specify content. 

But seriously, not even PerezHilton.com, as messy as that has become, uses all-caps. I mean, in the RX section, the titles are twice the size of the other sections; does premium content mean I've suddenly gone blind or need a billboard sized title?

I'm not even sure why "B-Sides: "State of Grace" etc.'s image is so big. If I didn't know better, I wouldn't scroll down as you can't see that there's any content after it. I'd rather just see an image too, not something with a color filter. The rainbow theme - which you are more than entitled to abuse and throttle to bits - borders on kitsch at this point. The predominately black tabs with a color photo in the middle of celebs looks better, cleaner.

Less is more. There's a reason why people read Facebook or Google News. It's clean and organized. 

I added a sub-title to "It's Breaking, *****." You should see "Featured News" underneath it now. Hopefully that helps!

What do you mean in the RX section the titles are twice the size? 

The "B SIDES" post is huge because it's responsive, so it takes up 100% of the screen no matter what device you're on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I am hoping people know to scroll lol. I can definitely try an image next time that doesn't have a color overlay. Just thought that added a nice touch and helps it stand out compared to breaking news. 

The good thing about this layout is that it's evolving, so if I want to change something on the fly I will! And will see how that works. The last layout, I was unable to do that. 

Def hearing your (and everyones') feedback!

Breathe Heary for life lol 

Archived