Are you teeth snob because of Britney?

canceledshow

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, blissfuloutsider said:

Yes I am. She ruined her teeth from smoking though tbh.. :kyliecry:

ok. let's stop with this smoking thing that everybody likes to bring up to make excuses about her singing and looks. CIGARETS ITS A BAD THING, but it take so much time to even make a difference. Adele smokes like hell and sing really good. All the others singers, too. I was a smoker for 5 yeas, I'm a singer and my teeth are really white. My skin is very good (always have been). Smoking its not good, but it doesnt make that happen. ITs not crack... lol

On 2/21/2019 at 10:21 AM, I Always Sing Live said:

how though, whitening toothpastes don't really seem to do much, baking soda sounds scary, I guess I should look into one of those whitening kits or something.. do they work? they always seem like a gimmick.. :idkney:

They’re not a gimmick, at least not the Crest Whitestrips name brand ones. I’ve used them (one pack every year or two) since my early teens, and people almost always comment on how white my teeth are.

Whitening toothpastes can help only minimally, they are more for minor upkeep inbetween each new whitening. 

Once you have whitened your teeth, a good tip is to always drink coffee, tea, dark soda, or anything else that stains your teeth through a straw. (Luckily I’m not a fan of red wine, because otherwise I WOULD be ridiculous enough to drink wine through a straw for the sake of my teeth). Also, if you’re a smoker or heavy coffee drinker, you may initially need two packs of whitening strips and use them back to back (so about a month total, as most packs are for 30 mins, twice a day, for two weeks).

But overall point being: Crest home whitening strips are extremely effective and very affordable. :) 

ETA: And no, I am not their spokesperson nor have I otherwise been monetarily compensated for this review. :pieceofwhat:

ETAX2: Oh! I just remembered you also mentioned baking soda: please don’t utilize this method. While it will whiten your teeth, it wears down the enamel. Baking soda in and of itself is too abrasive for tooth enamel and will cause long term harm; however, it’s fine in small quantities in toothpastes. 

Not really. I prefer actually natural looking teeth, more like Britney's now because they're no longer perfect. (One is crooked and she has a tiny gap these days.) I hate it when celebs go and get those stupid, unnaturally white caps put on, or they straighten them and get them bleached all to hell. In the case of the first, it makes their mouths bigger and they look ridiculous when their mouths are open, tbh. (A friend calls them "horse teeth/horse mouth.")

But hey, good for you.

3 minutes ago, f**knfurter said:

In the case of the first, it makes their mouths bigger and they look ridiculous when their mouths are open, tbh.

That immediately reminded me of when Hilary Duff got veneers for...reasons? They were shockingly bad and I couldn’t understand why such a pretty young girl did that to herself. 

4dd2de2d965084294c977dcdb30a3981.jpg?b=t

hilaryduff.jpg

hilary-duff-teeth.jpg

Not to mention, as you referenced, the fact that her teeth literally became too big for her mouth! I wonder if she was even capable of closing it. 

On 2/21/2019 at 2:11 PM, .: lucky :. said:

Ever notice how she's like the only person who can smile/laugh showing both upper and lower teeth without looking crazy? Try it for yoursel:hehehe:

I think we just found the source of Katy Perry’s persistent animosity towards Britney:

6fb0ad22df28ed425b4a86947d182de4.jpg

poouj3cykgvzct.jpg

She desperately wants to show the world both rows of her teeth, but knows it makes her look like a lunatic. :crying1:

Spoiler

1cd251d9ed3bdb55770d4c6549997b51.jpg

6 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

That immediately reminded me of when Hilary Duff got veneers for...reasons? They were shockingly bad and I couldn’t understand why such a pretty young girl did that to herself. 

4dd2de2d965084294c977dcdb30a3981.jpg?b=t

hilaryduff.jpg

hilary-duff-teeth.jpg

Not to mention, as you referenced, the fact that her teeth literally became too big for her mouth! I wonder if she was even capable of closing it. 

Veneers, that was the word I've been scraping my brain to remember these last few days. But yes, exactly that.

An alternative model my friend and I are familiar with used to have these tiny, tiny teeth and all of a sudden, hers are too big for her mouth and blindingly white-- hence why we were talking about it at all. This is one of the many changes she's undergone in the last two years -- and this is someone who used to go on about how "natural" they were -- so it was all a bit too much, and we started discussing why she looked so different when she took open-mouthed shots: and I realized.

That conversation allowed for us to discuss Britney as well, and I learned that I do appreciate the crookedness/little gap now.

32 minutes ago, f**knfurter said:

Veneers, that was the word I've been scraping my brain to remember these last few days. But yes, exactly that.

An alternative model my friend and I are familiar with used to have these tiny, tiny teeth and all of a sudden, hers are too big for her mouth and blindingly white-- hence why we were talking about it at all. This is one of the many changes she's undergone in the last two years -- and this is someone who used to go on about how "natural" they were -- so it was all a bit too much, and we started discussing why she looked so different when she took open-mouthed shots: and I realized.

That conversation allowed for us to discuss Britney as well, and I learned that I do appreciate the crookedness/little gap now.

Unless they’re done really well, veneers make people look like Disney Princes/Princesses, and not in a good way (you know how they always just have two separate rows of tooth, rather than individual teeth)?

ebdbff932756fbd72dc39ef3c2e27599.jpg

In my opinion, those Hilary Duff-type veneers honestly make people look like cartoon characters, while also paradoxically removing all character from their original face. 

(Although I am admittedly a fan of white teeth, and have definitely always loved Britney’s smile, there’s neverthelesss a fine line between “white, clean and attractive” and “creepy and unnatural.”)

giphy.gif

On 2/21/2019 at 2:08 PM, Britney x Irene said:

I love Britney's smile as well, she has such a great smile combined with her cute features (and her old lips). I wish my teeth were just a little bit whiter but I'm afraid of teeth sensitivity so I haven't tried any whitening procedures yet. 

Sometimes before I went to the dentist I used to search for Britney at the dentist photos just so I could have more courage:yelping:

035~22.JPG

XRAY_BG_HQ_71018d1_spears_b_28129.jpg

1015-21.jpg

1029-08.jpg

1218-01.jpg

2007 ney was out of this world :mcry: a lot of people hated on her but she could still put on these amazing clothes, the iconic dog London as her bff and the iconic D&G glasses who make her  the prettiest girl ever :crying1: 

edit: not to mention the flawless black hair which brings out her perfectly white skin tone (I think she wasn’t even tanning at this time, might be the reason why platinum blonde seems to light for her now) 

3 hours ago, Hollow said:

ok. let's stop with this smoking thing that everybody likes to bring up to make excuses about her singing and looks. CIGARETS ITS A BAD THING, but it take so much time to even make a difference. Adele smokes like hell and sing really good. All the others singers, too. I was a smoker for 5 yeas, I'm a singer and my teeth are really white. My skin is very good (always have been). Smoking its not good, but it doesnt make that happen. ITs not crack... lol

I know my sister who smokes & her teeth were nice & got f**ked so :gtfo: You may be one exception... 

Archived