20 years ago today Britney Spears performed at Markville Mall in Markham and it was iconic!

Steel Magnolia

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Her whole rise to fame is probably the most legendary thing ever.  I really hope and pray that we get some sort of official in depth documentary someday with all never before seen footage from the time she got signed with Jive up until the end of the Britney era.  It could be a solid 2 hour film.  I'm sure there are so many incredible stories from people around her throughout that time that would be heartwarming to hear.  There's probably so much archived footage from her first 3/4 years of music/touring/videos/behind the scenes etc.  Let us pray that her team will one day put something really special together.  Here's a list of some things we could get a first-time look at if they have behind the scenes/rehearsal footage of these events:

-Mall tour/BOMT tour  -VMA 1999  -Oops Tour/SNL/Album Promo  -VMA 2000  -VMA 2001  -DWAD Vegas Show  -Superbowl with NSYNC & Aerosmith  -Pepsi Commercials/Campaign  -Performance with Michael Jackson  -Early stages of her creating ITZ  -All the photoshoots for the main album art 

Those are the main things I can think of right now... :)

On 1/30/2019 at 12:25 PM, PrinceAli89 said:

I didn’t know she was still performing mall shows AFTER the album had dropped. I just watched the full mall show on YouTube, she sang 100% live and she she had so much stage presence and charisma. Then she became a legend.

I think this was the only mall show she did after the album was released. The rest were done before, when BOMT (single) had just been released.

Look at how many people turned up to see her though :o I'm surprised she didn't shut the mall down!!

Archived