Is this the first interviewer that challenged Britney?

MeAgainstTheMusic_

Looking at interviews post 2007 and they are all extremely regimented. The questions are pre approved by Britney’s management. Despite stating the obvious what are they honestly so scared that the interviewers will ask? “Why did you shave your head?” Or “Why did you go crazy in 2007?”. I get that. But surely she can’t be guarded forever. Surely she should be able to say I don’t wish to discuss that and move on. Do her interviews have to be so damn boring. No wonder she looks fed up it’s always the same. “Can you do a British accent?” Or “Are your boys musical?” I mean I’m sorry but how boring - we don’t care! Britney used to get asked all sorts of controversial questions when she was in her prime. I don’t get it

I came across this interview in 2011 when Britney was at the height of her awkwardness. He asks her if she feels overprotected by the people around her. She gives a quick response but her team jump in. I find it so interesting he did that as nobody else has ever spoken out of the script. Was this the only time an interviewer has put her on the spot like this? 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She answered kinda rude, “No, cause I’m here right now”. He asked her if she feels comfortable with those interviews for obvious reasons, I love how he blowed that question out of nowhere and for him as an interviewer must have been so annoying that every time he asked her something she looked at someone else. 

FFney :makeitrain:

:embarrassney:

I think what made her most uncomfortable was being asked about her past, her career, that's like her least favorite topic :haha:

I think there are things she just feels embarrassed about, like the VMA's 2007, or you know, they could ask any other question not just about the head shaving, but the pictures with no underwear, or all of those paparazzi videos, or they could ask any other question which answer would involve the c-ship or I don't know. We've seen even things that should be completely normal, like the snake performance, seem to cause a weird effect on her, where she's clearly not so proud about those things. So of course she doesn't wanna be rude and be like "I won't talk about it" every single interview, or you know, like talk bad about a performance or a video or a song that she knows some fans may like.

I know it feels very boring to do these silly questions, but we ask the same question all of the time, if they can't talk about her past or her personal issues, why is it so difficult for interviewers to just ask questions about whatever she's promoting? Is it so difficult to ask her about the album, or the tour, or a specific song? I mean, as an interviewer the least they could do is give the album a listen before interviewing her. Yeah, that might not be very interesting for most people, but if that's the purpose of these "promo" tours, that's what they should do.

She was looking for help at the very beginning. You could tell she wasn’t comfortable with the guy. As someone with a severe anxiety disorder i truly feel for her. I don’t know how she does it to be honest. I get that it comes off as her being awkward but it’s more her being uncomfortable in a situation she can’t really control. 

Every single one of her interview questions are approved by her team  i think this guy went off the script 

1 minute ago, PZHSB said:

She was looking for help at the very beginning. You could tell she wasn’t comfortable with the guy. As someone with a severe anxiety disorder i truly feel for her. I don’t know how she does it to be honest. I get that it comes off as her being awkward but it’s more her being uncomfortable in a situation she can’t really control. 

Yes, I think the whole thing is really uncomfortable for her, first of all they're doing all of the interviews one after another, and probably they only had like a couple of hours to finish all of them. There must be dozens of people behind the camera that we don't see, but they're all looking at her, or telling the interviewer how much time they have left, or doing all kinds of things, so it's not like she can feel that she's having a casual conversation with the interviewer.

So yeah, many times it does seem like she's looking for Larry's approval or help, but many other times could be just her being distracted by someone in the background doing, distracting things lol

FFney was a mess overall, so there isn't much to say :idkney:

This is where it comes down to it bottom line - she’s unfit to be doing interviews because sadly she couldn’t even form a conversation with an interviewer anymore. She is so in her shell and she may never come back out. I always feel like she’s holding back because she’s scared to say the wrong thing and she’ll get into trouble. She’s Britney Spears at the end of the day and it’s part of her job to do interviews. It seemed she was really uncomfortable at the start of the interview before it even started. I do feel for her in the sense that she’s clearly thrown out there like a lamb to the slaughter. 

38 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

FFney :makeitrain:

:embarrassney:

I think what made her most uncomfortable was being asked about her past, her career, that's like her least favorite topic :haha:

I think there are things she just feels embarrassed about, like the VMA's 2007, or you know, they could ask any other question not just about the head shaving, but the pictures with no underwear, or all of those paparazzi videos, or they could ask any other question which answer would involve the c-ship or I don't know. We've seen even things that should be completely normal, like the snake performance, seem to cause a weird effect on her, where she's clearly not so proud about those things. So of course she doesn't wanna be rude and be like "I won't talk about it" every single interview, or you know, like talk bad about a performance or a video or a song that she knows some fans may like.

I know it feels very boring to do these silly questions, but we ask the same question all of the time, if they can't talk about her past or her personal issues, why is it so difficult for interviewers to just ask questions about whatever she's promoting? Is it so difficult to ask her about the album, or the tour, or a specific song? I mean, as an interviewer the least they could do is give the album a listen before interviewing her. Yeah, that might not be very interesting for most people, but if that's the purpose of these "promo" tours, that's what they should do.

Tbh when they ask her about her work, she always talk vague like it's a cool song, will.i.am is a genius or that Preston named the album. Who tf cares about her not talking deeply about her own work? It's like she never puts enough effort or thoughts to answer the question about what she is promoting in the first place. Think about the intimate collection... She gave interviews aways talking the same things, nothing new. 

She doesn't like talking about her past and doesn't share funny stories about her personal life either. Like this one

So at this point I wonder if these interviews are really necessary. They are always so scripted, always about her kids and when she talks about her work, it's always "cool and faded", "tear of endearment" or "it's just a song" even tho I know some questions can be stupid. 

But she never really talks about the process of working, writing, recording, what the song really mean for her. But I guess that happens when she doesn't change the subject and doesn't challenge herself for more than a decade now. She doesn't have very personal songs to begin with so she can't talk non stop about inspirations, etc. She can't talk deeply about dancing, working out, clubbing and f**king so maybe that's why. 

11 hours ago, PZHSB said:

Every single one of her interview questions are approved by her team

Yep, I distinctly remember just a few years ago, right around the debut of POM, wherein a couple of radio hosts were saying that Britney (in ~2013 or 2014, can’t quite recall) was still the most controlled interview they've ever had, and that’s including Michael Jackson, whom they interviewed during his huge legal scandals.

The way Britney is guarded is...very unusual, even when discussing mentally ill celebrities and/or ones with skeleton-filled closets (and she seemingly falls into both categories). Nevertheless, if someone can’t even normally answer one or two questions off-script without assistance, how do you expect them to headline a residency for five years?

The way her team simultaneously treats her as both a competent, healthy popstar as well as a wholly incompetent grown woman necessitating guidance in all aspects of life for the foreseeable future, ranging from every single personal, financial and professional decision she makes, to even the sentences she publicly utters, is beyond strange and incongruent.

But I also do strongly agree with your assessment regarding her severe anxiety and how these situations clearly exacerbate the symptoms.

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

Tbh when they ask her about her work, she always talk vague like it's a cool song, will.i.am is a genius or that Preston named the album. Who tf cares about her not talking deeply about her own work? It's like she never puts enough effort or thoughts to answer the question about what she is promoting in the first place. Think about the intimate collection... She gave interviews aways talking the same things, nothing new. 

She doesn't like talking about her past and doesn't share funny stories about her personal life either. Like this one

So at this point I wonder if these interviews are really necessary. They are always so scripted, always about her kids and when she talks about her work, it's always "cool and faded", "tear of endearment" or "it's just a song" even tho I know some questions can be stupid. 

But she never really talks about the process of working, writing, recording, what the song really mean for her. But I guess that happens when she doesn't change the subject and doesn't challenge herself for more than a decade now. She doesn't have very personal songs to begin with so she can't talk non stop about inspirations, etc. She can't talk deeply about dancing, working out, clubbing and f**king so maybe that's why. 

She learned the lesson. She can’t be so open during the interviews ‘cause she doesn’t want all that attention for her private life. Beyoncé doesn’t talk about her private life too. Her interviews are so controlled and it’s a smart choice. When Britney was extremely open every words she said was a “news”. She felt hurt in 2007 and now she learned the lesson. She was so genuine in her prime and Hollywood destroyed her. I can totally understand her point of views 

26 minutes ago, RafaParker97 said:

She gave great interviews in 2014. She seemed mature and talked about interesting subjects. It depends on the interviewer too.

She was clearly uncomfortable in most of these too. She did one for Finland (I’m sure it was Finland) and she stutters so bad in it. It’s like she’s trying to remember what she’s been told to say.

”Vintage, sleepwear, artsy farsty clothes shop she went in 10 years ago, muted colours, soft colours”

She literally rhymes off like she’s reading from a script in every single interview she can’t change it up anymore. It’s sad

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

Yeah, but I think it's both sides' fault. Britney not talking "deeply" about the music related topics, and the interviewers not asking enough about it. Because they don't even know in the first place if she's willing to give a deep answer about a certain song or not. They rarely try. There were just a few interviews about BJ where she was asked especifically about songs, and some radio interviews with Glory too, but other than that, people were just asking the same things about her kids or Pokémon Go that were as irrelevant and boring as her typical answers about everything.

What I meant is that, the interviews should focus more on what they were called for in the first place, and only if there's enough time left, slip in some "funny" or interesting question about some random topic. If Britney decides to asnwer with monosyllables or "very very cool" and "interesting and fresh", that's her problem for not taking advantage of the interview to promote whatever she was promoting, but the interviewer would've done their job.

And I don't think Larry is back there with a menacing look telling her what to say or what not to say. He or Robyn or anyone else from her team are probably just there, staring at her with a blank expression or a trace of a smirk on their faces. If they have to edit something out, they'll do it later, like they did with the Jonathan Ross, so I don't think she's told not to talk about this or that. That job "is done" telling the interviewers what to ask beforehand, and if they're unable to make interesting an interview about an album, or a tour, or a perfume, then that's THEIR problem too.

But FFney was an extreme case of awkwardness, so I don't blame them either, I'm talking more about the recent interviews from 2013 onwards, which have given us a "better Britney" but still not too many substantial things.

Archived