So I watched a full run of Piece of Me on YouTube.

indyRS

On 1/15/2019 at 12:21 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I love how Exhale starts to praise POM not even two years after it ended :kyliecry: Better late than never :crying1: 

:blol: Seriously, everything gets praised only after time has passed.

In a few years people will be like "omg, the Domination promo pic was so gorgeous, and the announcement :yesplease: and the way she cancelled it was just so emotional :overwhelm: " 

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

I thought the first leg of the show was better production wise. 

Dance wise is varied throughout the years. 

Overall it was good as FFTour on FFs good days. :tehe:

The show overall was obviously a hit and miss. (I think it was always going to be successful given the good timing in 2013, as her star power was bigger then; they just should have released a  better album than Britney Jean)  Doing Vegas ultimately was a smart decision financially, but the problem with her team is how they 'roll her out.'

The Domination show or her next residency should have been announced much later.  There wasn't any 'striking while the iron was hot' scenario; and her team hasn't really adjusted to the social media age.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think her music is so good that, that's the real reason why she can get away with a show like POM for so long. 

Many people that aren't fans, and even more the "fans" that are expecting too much from her might have left the show unimpressed by her performance abilities (in some legs, especially towards the end and the tour from last year) but I think anyone that attends a Britney show, at least this show with this setlist in particular, would be lying if they said they didn't have fun. Her hits and even the album tracks are awesome.

I think even POM at her worst is better than FFT. Circus might have had a "better Britney" most of the dates, but POM's setlist is still miles better than Circus'. 

Dreaming about Primeney is pointless, but if we could somehow get Circusney to perform the POM show, I think that would be really good. 

I love POM tbh especially compared to her performances post In The Zone. I remember being excited 
watching her improve during the Circus Tour and Femme Fatale tour and now comparing POM to the 
other tours I think it was pretty solid. Say what you guys want about her tics and other things but she has improved a lot. 

POM is shitty when watching it in small potato-quality Instagram videos and clips focusing on mishaps.  But when watching it in person, it's a totally different show.  It's actually amazing and such a good time. Sadly social media makes it worse than it actually is.  I've been to the BSB and JLo ones as well, and sadly the BSB was garbage (they lost their spark even more than Britney IMO), Celine and JLo's were epic as well (but I enjoyed their older tours better tbh).  I still don't like the idea of residencies, touring is so much better and keeps the artist a bit more excited. If you pay attention really closely, you can tell all of the artists get bored/uninspired performing at the same venue for a mostly drunk audience.

Archived