Exhale Reacts: Britney Spears Cancels 'Domination'

2 minutes ago, Domnayy said:

So now we are scrapping entire residencies... As others have pointed out she announced DOM around the time her father was hospitalised so I don't buy it. I hope Jamie gets better soon though.

All the best Britney. Enjoy your retirement.  

I'm done.

Bye!

• Like 3
  • Content Curators
7 minutes ago, portrait said:

isn't it a bit strange that they don't even talk about a possible postponement? 

No because the doctors cannot promise when her dad can fully recover.

My grandma got into some accident and almost died 2 months ago, and she's recovering, but still hospitalized. Elderly people take much longer time to recover.

Imo if Britney needed a cover-up story for her low sales, she could have said something about herself, she wouldn't have made stuff up about her dad because she's a family girl.

• Like 4

Y’all really believe that bs??? They canceled the show due to low ticket sales that’s that. Her dad is fine. Now team b needs to focus on her rebranding. Her whole brand is tired and nobody cares about Britney anymore. They need to invest in getting her on billboard and the radio instead of tires slapped together vegas shows.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Invitation said:

Imo if Britney needed a cover-up story for her low sales, she could have said something about herself, she wouldn't have made stuff up about her dad because she's a family girl.

she'd rather talk about her dog than about herself though :awkblink:

6 minutes ago, Invitation said:

that's what I think.

They would've come up with something like Britney needs to rest or some kind of bullshit, as I said on another thread, using her father as an excuse would be too low even for them. 

She was gonna get paid even if the sales were poor. If any, MGM wouldn't have renewed the contract and that's it. In the worst case, probably the residency would've lasted only 1 year and not the 2 years originally announced. Plus it's not like she had sold just three tickets per night either.

Also, if MGM was so pissed about the poor sales, they wouldn't be announcing it as "postponed" on their social media. What could make them believe that if it didn't sell well this time, it's gonna sell more later? 

• Like 9

It's somethibg serious. His father is her conservator, things will change before any important decission is taken. Maybe Bryan will be on charge from now on. And it's not cancelled, they only announced 32 dates, those dates were cancelled. 

Nappytabs said the show could be postponed 6 -12 months. I think she'll perform when the conservatorship is renewed with a different conservator, Jamie may no longer be suitable for it.

I'm sad :crying4:

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, nels64 said:

Idk I'm surprised they didn't postpone it either way. The shows would have sold out either way. Giving it more time and doing more invested promo like POM, once Britney had the time would have EASILY sold out all the shows.

I know it's really not the point, but Britney wouldn't have. Check POM boxscore. She stopped selling out that (Smaller) theatre years ago. They even hiked prices up last year to make sure the same amount of money was rolling in. There are some months that there are 10,000+ empty seats, the equivalent of 3 full nights empty.

• Like 1

All this chaos,.. all this negative reaction and mess is BRITNEY'S TEAM FAULT..

after all this years of poor decisions, scrapped proyects, putting BRITNEY THE BRAND.  on the floor, with the poorest decisions ever... now when THEY CLAIM AN EMERGENCY. OF COURSE  nobody trust them..  

I hope after all this chaos.. and after this.. TEAM BRITNEY Learn and DO the right things.. 

i hope Jaime is ok and BRITNEY too.. 

and i hope all the fans that have already  plans to go to Vegas, that spent their money and time, takes this well, all the people involved in this proyect have a good day and  can't take another jobs too,  the dancers that maybe cancel other proyects because of this , now they have to  get and look another job, to survive, so as all the people involved... 

good vibes  to all of them ...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MattVirbToxic said:

POSTPONED in 99% of cases means CANCELED :hiii:

Exactly and even if at some point in the future she re-do another residency, there's no way it will be exactly like what was planned for Domination. I mean dancers probably won't be available, costume designer either, same for the choreographer etc. they all have a life and they won't postpone their career too just for Britney so they can be ready when she feels ready. If it's new people it means everything will have to be reworked. So everything that was planned is cancelled anyway.

• Like 2

It's kind of shocking to see the news and read "Britney withdraws from music indefinitely" :waitwhat: This time is different because in the past she was in a hiatus but you always had a little hope about getting new music or something, but now? :fakewow:

• Like 3