MAKE ME - WEAKIEST LEAD SINGLE

BritintheZone

6 hours ago, kejotik said:

this.

The delusion in this thread...

What part of this song is the best ever? The epic dying cat  screeching for its feeble life intermittently?  The fact she's a lazy screw who demands the dude do everything while she lays on her back like a useless sub? The fact G-Easy comes in like a slimeball cheater who wants her to ditch her date to go with him?  

This song is not only weak in terms of its production, but the entire message is weak and bordering on pathetic. Honestly, the video fits it because Britney is like a dead fish there too being passed around from her bought lover to the serial cheater G-Sleazy.  

Compare this to Hit Me Baby One More Time, Oops, or even Crazy and you have a powerful femme fatale asserting her sexuality. I'm not in to this submissive trash which is part of the ongoing remarketing of Britney as some kind of passive victim.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It definitely was her weakest lead single. It would've made sense if all the following singles would've been under that tone. Aka, Invitation, Mood Ring, even something like Just Luv Me (which I think it's the worst of the album but follows that vibe). It would've probably been remembered as the snoozefest era by many, but it would've been consistent with a theme and would've justified the choice of MM as the lead single.

But that wasn't the case.

Yes, ballads show versatility and what not, but if people isn't here for a standard pop song by Britney, they'll be even less for a slow song, and MM and Slumber Party are a proof of that.

The only obvious lead single I see is DYWCO, and I still can't comprehend why they didn't release it. For me the singles should've been:

• Private Show as a promo single before the album, with a full videoclip with scenes from the perfume ad. Then it should've been included on Glory as a bonus track.
  1. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  2. Make Me... (without spending too much time on it, moving quickly to the third single)
  3. Better
  4. Liar
  5. Man on the Moon

And maybe just as promo singles during the era, or region-exclusive:

• If I'm Dancing
  • Slumber Party
  • Love Me Down
  • Mood Ring

Just as I say with Britney Jean, knowing that she was gonna stay in Vegas for at least 2 more years, was the perfect excuse to release tons and tons of singles from the same album, even with months apart. From 2014-2015 we should've gotten 6 or 7 singles off BJ. And from 2016-2017 6 or 7 singles from Glory. Ironically, they ended up being the albums with the least amount of singles. 

As much as I LOVE Make Me, I agree with this post entirely. I will forever be baffled as to why DYWCO was only ever a promo track.

With Make Me, more hype should have been made around it. I’m not sure what they could have done, but it needed something.

The song was delayed when it should have been premiered at the BBMAs. The video, while very divided amongst the fan base, was very shocking to say the least. It was odd and not really like anything she had done before. Maybe if she premiered the video the night of the VMAs and then did a more shocking(?) performance, the song may have stayed around in the GP’s mind a bit longer.

However, if Britney chose DYWCO, it would’ve been better received in my opinion. The song was upbeat and sounded something reminiscent of what she would have released in 2008-09. The GP really likes Britney songs that have a “catch phrase” like hit me baby One More Time, oops I did it again, work *****, etc. so I feel like this song would’ve been perfect in that sense.

Archived